Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Feb 13, 2014 at 7:43 AM Post #1,607 of 3,257
Any consensus over how XBA30 compares to the H1? I've a XBA30 and is considering the H1. Any help is greatly appreciated!
smily_headphones1.gif

Had both of them together for a while. The H1 is a sizeable downgrade from the XBA30 in every aspect of sound quality possible, specially if you value clarity and overall refinement in your sound. H1 is a poor sounding IEM even for the price IMHO. 

Feb 13, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #1,608 of 3,257
Any consensus over how XBA30 compares to the H1? I've a XBA30 and is considering the H1. Any help is greatly appreciated!
smily_headphones1.gif

h1 is not for analytical listening , its more fun and enjoyable , its not clear enough , if you are looking for an upgrade , go for re-400 , h1 has better bass presence , decay is not good enough , and to me they have better sound stage and less recessed mids .

and if you want dead serious quality sound for around $150 , go for gr01 or b2 for even more analytical sound .

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #1,609 of 3,257
Had both of them together for a while. The H1 is a sizeable downgrade from the XBA30 in every aspect of sound quality possible, specially if you value clarity and overall refinement in your sound. H1 is a poor sounding IEM even for the price IMHO. 

Thanks for your inputs! Might pass the H1 for now till i get a chance for an audition. I do value clarity aspects above frequencies like bass response. Probably my ATH IM50 can rival the H1 haha. Thanks dude!

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #1,610 of 3,257
   h1 is not for analytical listening , its more fun and enjoyable , its not clear enough , if you are looking for an upgrade , go for re-400 , h1 has better bass presence , decay is not good enough , and to me they have better sound stage and less recessed mids .

and if you want dead serious quality sound for around $150 , go for gr01 or b2 for even more analytical sound .

Thanks for your inputs too! :) Appreciate that. The H1 do have recessed mids to your ears? Haha I'm actually just looking for an alternate phones to compliment my ASG2 and for sports uses. Probably will continue to stick around with XBA30. Thanks!

Feb 13, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #1,611 of 3,257
Thanks for your inputs too!
smily_headphones1.gif
Appreciate that. The H1 do have recessed mids to your ears? Haha I'm actually just looking for an alternate phones to compliment my ASG2 and for sports uses. Probably will continue to stick around with XBA30. Thanks!

no , it had less recessed mids then xba-3/30 to me , and dont forget to burn them in .

Feb 14, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #1,614 of 3,257
Xba 30 is pretty well balanced in terms of frequency response and definitely not mid recessed, to my ears atleast. Having said that, h1 does have a more prominent mid range in comparison.

i completely agree , but people out here wont agree , in reality i dont have xba-30 but i think they are same as xba-3 , if yes , i have now evidence , you can see goldenears graph , xba-3 graph clearly shows they are v-shaped , im not against them , i have 2 of these xba-3 , but no shame in admitting that they are v-shaped .

Feb 16, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #1,617 of 3,257
Should I buy these or the sennheiser ie 80

ie80 is a bad value , you can opt for dunu dn-1000 if you want , but h3 has better aesthetic and accessories , and there are people who ( like me ) love their h3 more then similar priced phones .

Feb 16, 2014 at 2:29 AM Post #1,618 of 3,257
I like the h3s a lot for the accessories that it comes with because if your spending hundreds on a iem it should come with a replaceable cable but the ie80s do look better but I have no clue what ether sound like

Users who are viewing this thread

Back