Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Oct 29, 2013 at 1:04 AM Post #961 of 3,257
i find it unfortunate (or even uncceptable) that the end user has to mod a TOTL iem (for a sony at least) just to get it to sound right.

looks like the mods suggested for H3 is the same some suggested for ex800st/7550...
i read that covering dynamic driver bass ports has negative effects on reliability and durabiliy.

Oct 29, 2013 at 6:20 AM Post #964 of 3,257
Well this thread is moving along nicely.

I am now getting the impression that Sony Australia will not receive these at all, in which case I am either going to have to brave ordering from Japan or getting a unit from one of the many disappointed folks in the thread...

Oct 29, 2013 at 7:01 AM Post #966 of 3,257
Tommorow I'll get my XBA-H3 and maybe in like 2-3 days I could write first impressions about it.

What I've currently got:
- XBA-3
- MDR-EX700
- MDR-1R
- NWZ-X1050
- Xperia Z
- SE W995
- FiiO E11
- PC with Sound Blaster Titanium
- notebook (VAIO VPCSB)

If you want to check specific combination feel free to tell me.

I don't know how you perceive bass area, but with XBA-3 I've to set ClearBass on 3 on my Walkman to hear more impactful bass. But I'm listening mainly to alternative, rock, hard rock, metal.

Oct 29, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #967 of 3,257
Just bought some xba-1 while waiting for my h3s, since I returned my xba-30s. Seem nice enough for £22 uk. Lacking low end and struggles with poorly encoded music but on high quality files it's fine except for lacking low-to-mid punch without eq.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Oct 29, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #968 of 3,257
Just bought some xba-1 while waiting for my h3s, since I returned my xba-30s. Seem nice enough for £22 uk. Lacking low end and struggles with poorly encoded mulity files it's fine except for lacking low-to-mid punch withou

Methinks  you will see a profound difference. Could you try it with the f11 after burn in? The H3's I mean! Thanks.

Oct 29, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #969 of 3,257
I really wanted to get them (h1's), but now everyone's saying they're rubbish. so what is it on par with in their normal xba range? , and for £90 they are worth it arent they ?

Oct 29, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #971 of 3,257
  I really wanted to get them (h1's), but now everyone's saying they're rubbish. so what is it on par with in their normal xba range? , and for £90 they are worth it arent they ?

Not everyone is saying the H1 is rubbish, only a few very vocal individuals, one which stated what he thought was better and all of the IEM's he listed were of a completely different signature type to the H1 (he was not wrong in stating the H1 was no good compared to what he liked BTW as what he liked was a polar opposite of the H1).

The real question is what type of IEM do you currently own and what do you like or dislike about it? This can help us tell you if you would like the signature of the H1 or not.

Oct 29, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #972 of 3,257
Well i listen to mostly rap, hip hop and rnb. And i like some amount of bass so not that extreme. And i need the actual earphones themselves to stay in my ears whilst walking. I've previously had soul sl99, mdr xb30ex, monster and klipsh s4ii. And i was really hoping on these to be good for my needs, i like the look and the price of them as it's in my budget. So yeah .....

Oct 29, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #973 of 3,257
  Tommorow I'll get my XBA-H3 and maybe in like 2-3 days I could write first impressions about it.

What I've currently got:
- XBA-3
- Xperia Z

If you want to check specific combination feel free to tell me.
I don't know how you perceive bass area, but with XBA-3 I've to set ClearBass on 3 on my Walkman to hear more impactful bass. But I'm listening mainly to alternative, rock, hard rock, metal.

Hi - it would be great and much appreciated if you could compare XBA-3 and the H3 with the Xperia Z, since I just got my Z1! I actually crank Clearbass to 10 for decent bass on my phone though but the bass is pretty good imo. I expected so much from UE900 but when I got it, it sounded so muddled compared to the sony so that was a disappointing investment.. 

Let us know how it goes! thanks

Oct 29, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #974 of 3,257
  Well i listen to mostly rap, hip hop and rnb. And i like some amount of bass so not that extreme. And i need the actual earphones themselves to stay in my ears whilst walking. I've previously had soul sl99, mdr xb30ex, monster and klipsh s4ii. And i was really hoping on these to be good for my needs, i like the look and the price of them as it's in my budget. So yeah .....

hmmm, looking at your previous IEM's I would say the H1 would have better clarity in the mids and treble with similar levels of detail in the bass to the Monster and S4i. The sound would be warmer than the headphones listed and the sound stage would be bigger. These do have a larger body so how well they stay in your ears is hard to say. they were OK in my ears as they are not really heavy but I do think you will want to use the shirt clip for the cable to remove some of the cable weight from pulling on the IEM's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back