1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sony Wm-1000xm2 frustration vs Custom One Pro

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by sleepingawake, Oct 4, 2018.
  1. sleepingawake
    I am using Cowon Plenue D, which sounds amazing for the price, and i have Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro. But i wanted to use spotify also, since new phones don't have headphone output, it uses usb-c > 3.5mm adaptor, which is really junk. So i though i would get a bluetooth headset. I bought Sony Wm-1000xm2. I had high expectations, since i tested Sony Mdr-1A, which sounds really amazing for the price.

When i first listened to 1000xm2 i thought it needed burn-in. Now i have used it about 20 hours, and still sounds too flat for my taste, since i am coming from Custom One Pro, which has lots of detail, sounds warm and wide soundstage. I am thinking of giving Sony 1000xm2 back. But every reviewers gave very positive comments. Am i missing something?

I tested A-B wired and bluetooth with Custom One Pro. There isn't any area that Sony sounds better for my taste. No point of spending 350$ just for bluetooth, which has a very low quality compared to wired connection.

2. duaned
    Yep, The Sony XM2 sounds crap in my opinion. I don't understand those that say it sounds great, unless of course it is the only set of headphones they have ever heard.

3. sleepingawake
    Sony Mdr-A1 sounds very well. I was expecting 1000xm2 to be much better. But in reality, worse.

4. Peddler
    I love mine.

Sorry.....

5. jegnyc
    I own these. Two comments. First, these are noise-cancelling, Bluetooth, phones. That always means a compromise as compared with quality headphones that do not have these features.

I didn't care for the sound until I used the equalizer included with the Sony app.

I still don't care for the phones if used without the DAP. They are barely tolerable then.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018