SONY WH1000XM3 - better than QC35 in noise cancelling?
Feb 23, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #1,441 of 2,082
Excuse me? I was only showing that it existed, and as I said in my first post - I thought it had probably been answered.

Guess someone isn't very welcoming in this thread, well - enjoy it without me.
Haha.. Don't get me wrong, i was referring to others, was not teasing at you at all

Feb 23, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #1,442 of 2,082
how did sony advance from the original, to the second model and now to third in a year? early 2020 model? they could have updated firmware. I have all three in the family. ran out of people to give them to.

Feb 23, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #1,443 of 2,082
BTW, I'm not here seeking for candy bro or candy mommy baby boy, welcome or not doesn't bother me.

Also, don't expect me to sweet talk to ppl who came here just for ugly talks blah, blah, blah...what other bbrands are good and Sony are sucks, but then when other brand headphones with suck to death design, features and function and they just shut up about it.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #1,444 of 2,082
Excuse me? I was only showing that it existed, and as I said in my first post - I thought it had probably been answered.

Just ignore the guy. He does this in pretty much every thread.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #1,446 of 2,082
What other LDAC units are of interest? I like this unit pretty much but the treble seems a bit rolled off for my taste. Is there a LDAC device thread?
Two items of interest are the Radsone EarStudio ES100 and FiiO BTR3 receivers that allow you to listen with Bluetooth LDAC using any headphone. They are both well regarded on Head-Fi and have their own threads.

Sony has other LDAC headphones but the XM3 is their top model. Technics recently announced a pair of LDAC headphones (might not be available yet): https://na.panasonic.com/us/news/wireless-technics-headphones-invigorate-music-you-love. I'm not aware of any other headphones.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2019 at 12:08 AM Post #1,447 of 2,082
What other LDAC units are of interest? I like this unit pretty much but the treble seems a bit rolled off for my taste. Is there a LDAC device thread?
The treble is beautiful, you can hear it much better after you cut some of the bass bloat (an absolute necessity in my view). Once you trim some of that boomy bass the other frequencies are revealed and the overall signature becomes much more coherent and balanced, IMO.

Feb 25, 2019 at 10:58 PM Post #1,448 of 2,082
Question...So, obviously this doesn't have multi-device pairing. Is there a difference between either going to the bluetooth settings and "disconnecting" or just turning off bluetooth altogether? Is one way better than another, or does it not matter? If I'm using this on my iphone and want to switch to my laptop, I'll usually just open/unlock my phone, go to bluetooth settings, and then disconnect. It would be a lot quicker to just swipe up, and disable bluetooth, which I can do in about a second.

Feb 26, 2019 at 12:30 AM Post #1,449 of 2,082
Question...So, obviously this doesn't have multi-device pairing. Is there a difference between either going to the bluetooth settings and "disconnecting" or just turning off bluetooth altogether? Is one way better than another, or does it not matter? If I'm using this on my iphone and want to switch to my laptop, I'll usually just open/unlock my phone, go to bluetooth settings, and then disconnect. It would be a lot quicker to just swipe up, and disable bluetooth, which I can do in about a second.
The reason why XM3 doesn't support multiple devices is bcoz it uses true wireless earbud type of blue connection. But it does not work like airpod which you can select from device Control Center. So manually disconnect XM3 from your iPhone and then connect XM3 to your laptop. Anyway either way, both also time consuming action.

If you don't like both solutions, you have to switch to other brand ANC headphones which uses older technology non-true wireless bluetooth connection.

Feb 26, 2019 at 1:09 AM Post #1,450 of 2,082
switch to other brand ANC headphones which uses older technology non-true wireless bluetooth connection.

Would you care to enlighten us about this new BT technology that Sony uses?
If you are referring to Bluetooth LE then there are other manufacturers using it that do have multipoint simultaneous connections, Bose being one of them...
This is the first I have heard of this new ‘blue’ connection that does not have multiple pairing...

I have found the easiest way to connect to another device is to just hold the power button of the headset for 7 secs to take you straight in to pairing mode and then select the headset on the device you wish to use...

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2019 at 1:20 AM Post #1,451 of 2,082
No one else have it? You never heard of true wireless earbud like Apple Airpod, Samsung Galaxy Icon, Jabra Elite 65t?

Feb 26, 2019 at 1:32 AM Post #1,452 of 2,082
No one else have it? You never heard of true wireless earbud like Apple Airpod, Samsung Galaxy Icon, Jabra Elite 65t?

Sorry, I should have said that Sony uses, I have edited my posting.
Are you saying that this new BT technology will not allow mutiple connections and that the Airpods, Galaxy Icon and Jabra Elite also will only connect to one device at a time?

Feb 26, 2019 at 1:34 AM Post #1,453 of 2,082
Yes

Feb 26, 2019 at 1:44 AM Post #1,455 of 2,082
Try Google them you can find lots of details

Users who are viewing this thread

Back