Sony WH-H910N discussion.
Jul 3, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #78 of 96
Glad your liking them so far. Quite a difference in sound :). I see these on sale in Canada Costco for $45 off. Might see if I am still in the honor zone for that price. Would be awesome if they are...

Worth what I paid though, just always appreciate getting some money back.

At the sale price these are a no brainer for anyone but the most bass head enthusiast or someone needing ultimate ANC above all else.

Jul 6, 2020 at 5:07 AM Post #79 of 96
I still want to hold off my impressions but I wonder what's everybody's experience with LDAC hires playback on these. I did a small test (see screenshot) on 24bit 96khz flac vs Spotify. Yes I know the test wasn't blind but oh well... The high res flac seems to have a bit more air and a smoother sound. Differences are small though. I'm also not sure if I really got hires playback over Bluetooth anyway. I setup everything and made sure I'm connected at 990kbps but there is no way to check.

Screenshot_2020-07-06-10-58-41-701_com.miui.home.jpg

Jul 6, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #80 of 96
Another thing I noticed: Turning off ANC changes the sound and soundstage a bit. I was listening to them with ANC on all the time so I didn't notice this earlier. Turning off ANC makes the tuning a bit more neutral and the soundstage less congested and less in your face. Instrument separation also improves. Very interesting. I still feel that the ANC on sound is more involving but it's nice to have a different perspective when wanted.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #81 of 96
I use the wind setting from the app which gets rid of wind by letting in just a bit more sound. Not sure how the magic works but it does actually work! Anyway I notice thos setting also opens up the sound stage a bit compared with full ANC while still giving me most of the ANC silence.

Jul 30, 2020 at 11:50 PM Post #82 of 96
For those interested, Costco USA has $50 off this headphone. $200 - $50 = $150. August 5th - 30th.

I tried this back in May. It is not for me as I don't like the sound quality.

Aug 3, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #83 of 96
@dweaver @hifi80sman glad to see some more I'm wondering if both of you had the z7m2 before? I was on the same boat as the person who returned their 910n and was wondering if I should get the xm3 or z7m2, and I went with z7m2 because there's not battery that could reach end of life and I'd mainly be using it wired. I'm drawn to the 910n because of the new drivers which feature a soft surround. The z7m2 was released with new drivers as well as it's basically the 3rd iteration of the 70mm design.

The z7m2 was also tuned to be more audiophile friendly from the original z7, much like the transition from the xm3 to 910n. So then, I'm wondering if anyone in this thread has heard the z7m2 as well and could give a comparison.

Aug 9, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #84 of 96
My SONY blu-ray player plays SACDs and supports LDAC, so i tried the Sony WH-H910N and the Panasonic RP-HD605N with the MoFi SACD "Sorcerer" by Miles Davis.

1. LDAC works. I set it to 990kbps and that sounds ever so slightly better ("more alive", "cleaner") than 660kbps or AAC. Downside is the connection is not always stable.

2. The Panasonic plays a little "cleaner" and with more details while the Sony has a little more bass and sounds a little warmer. The differences are subtle though. One can prefer the warmer sound as much as a little more details. For me the more details and a the little more fine dynamics of the Panasonic won. But really if i only had one of those headphones i wouldn't miss a thing.

3. The ANC of the Panasonic is not very good. Just enough to get rid of some basic hum and deeper noise. There is a slight hiss going on when no music is playing. You don't notice that when music is on. The ANC of the Sony is really good, you feel like your head is put inside cozy wool and you only hear some higher frequency noises in the far distant. No ANC pressure on my ears fro either headphone.

4. They're both comfortable to wear, the earpads of the Sony are slightly more fluffy but the Panasonic is nice, too.

5. I am not crazy about the controls of either headphone but i managed to adapt.

I ripped the CD layer of the SACD and played that through both headphones using AAC from my iPad to check if it's worth to playback an SACD anyway. My answer is yes, but the advantage of listening directly to the SACD is small. I notice more "rhythm" and "musicality" with the SACD while the ripped playback sound a little "less alive". But same here: if i only had the ripped version i probably wouldn't miss a thing :)

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #85 of 96
https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/sony/wh-h910n-h-ear-on-3-wireless

The reviews are up at rtings.com. As I suspected there is a notch at 4kHz. The frequency response consistency is disappointing which I guess is due to the smaller drivers. The Phillips SHP9500(I own) which have 50mm drivers have very good FR consistency. I think bigger drivers implies less positional variation.

The NC measurements seem low though in real life they mask much better than an Anker model that I have despite the Anker's NC measurement better than 910N.

Nov 12, 2020 at 1:32 AM Post #86 of 96
Bought Sony WH-H910N from CostCo last week for $140. They definitely sound a lot better than my previous headset which is Edifier W830BT.

I am not super familiar with the nuances of headphones and all. I just wanted know if you guys think if this headset is worth the price I invested.

Does driver size being small (25mm) than most of the other headsets (40mm) in this price range is something to worry about?

Nov 12, 2020 at 1:39 AM Post #87 of 96
@dweaver @hifi80sman glad to see some more I'm wondering if both of you had the z7m2 before? I was on the same boat as the person who returned their 910n and was wondering if I should get the xm3 or z7m2, and I went with z7m2 because there's not battery that could reach end of life and I'd mainly be using it wired. I'm drawn to the 910n because of the new drivers which feature a soft surround. The z7m2 was released with new drivers as well as it's basically the 3rd iteration of the 70mm design.

The z7m2 was also tuned to be more audiophile friendly from the original z7, much like the transition from the xm3 to 910n. So then, I'm wondering if anyone in this thread has heard the z7m2 as well and could give a comparison.
I own the Z7 and have not heard the Z7M2 but find the 910N more detailed but only slightly than the Z7. But the Z7 is more expansive.

Having heard the new 1000XM4 if I had the budget I would probably buy it as it is way more balanced than the 1000XM3 which I also own and find to dark sounding.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2020 at 3:08 AM Post #88 of 96
Bought Sony WH-H910N from CostCo last week for $140. They definitely sound a lot better than my previous headset which is Edifier W830BT.

I am not super familiar with the nuances of headphones and all. I just wanted know if you guys think if this headset is worth the price I invested.

Does driver size being small (25mm) than most of the other headsets (40mm) in this price range is something to worry about?
regarding driver size, no i think this is a rare gem for Sony in the value dept. I don't think they're worth the $250 MSRP, mainly because of the cheap build, but for $140 i think this is a great purchase.

Nov 14, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #89 of 96
No doubt the 910n is a good value especially on sale. The new 1000XM4 is definitely Sonys flagship but at more than double the cost it not as good a value.

Jan 22, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #90 of 96
Owned these headphones for 5 months now and they're still very enjoyable for me to use, even compared to my m40x and aka k361. These were my first wireless headsets, I underestimated the convenience behind not having a wire and love them for part of the reason. These headphones have a fairly balanced sound profile, though it still feels bassy very slightly and that's comparing them to my studio monitor headphones. Good amount of treble, decent mids, and adequate bass that doesn't bleed into other areas of sound as much. To my surprise, they not only perform very well with modern music, but with older stuff such as classic rock, soul, R&B, and hip-hop. What I liked about these sound-wise more than my other headphones are the fact that it has better sense of dynamics, and older music doesn't sound veiled and muffled (These were my biggest problems with my AKG headphones). Only downside imo is the fairly closed in soundstage, which results in slight lack of detail and openness. To wrap it up, I'd say these are safe-sounding headphones that sound good with many genres but nothing about it really stands out to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back