Sony WH-1000XM3 vs XM4
Nov 14, 2020 at 3:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

SonicBoom11

New Head-Fier
Hi all

I have a simple question. For anyone who has tried both headphones, my main concern is noise cancellation. I work in a very noisy office. With Black Friday approaching, it looks like I can get XM3s for £238.65 on Amazon and XM4s for £349 from Curry’s. There are other sites that offer the XM4s cheaper but they don’t seem to have convincing write ups like pricelulu, tecobuy and techinthebasket.
My concern is all about the noise cancelling. Has anyone tried both headphones and what are their thoughts on the noise cancelling improvement. Is it noticeable? As I spend 7 hours a day in a noisy office, I will spend the extra if it’s thought there is a noticeable difference. Also, if anyone has used these websites or knows where I could get the XM4s cheaper, that would be really useful too. Thanks! 🙏

Nov 16, 2020 at 10:46 PM Post #2 of 2
Hi all

I have a simple question. For anyone who has tried both headphones, my main concern is noise cancellation. I work in a very noisy office. With Black Friday approaching, it looks like I can get XM3s for £238.65 on Amazon and XM4s for £349 from Curry’s. There are other sites that offer the XM4s cheaper but they don’t seem to have convincing write ups like pricelulu, tecobuy and techinthebasket.
My concern is all about the noise cancelling. Has anyone tried both headphones and what are their thoughts on the noise cancelling improvement. Is it noticeable? As I spend 7 hours a day in a noisy office, I will spend the extra if it’s thought there is a noticeable difference. Also, if anyone has used these websites or knows where I could get the XM4s cheaper, that would be really useful too. Thanks! 🙏
Not much difference I can tell between the two in terms of ANC. However, I do think XM3 sounds better than the 4. I think with the firmware update on the XM3, the bass improves and the highs sounds more present.

Which is good because the XM3 should be cheaper right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back