Sony WF-1000XM4 Impressions Thread
Dec 16, 2021 at 8:56 AM Post #1,936 of 2,999
Hi I now believe the sony ear tips are better than any from comply. How can I get sony tips same as xm4 but with wax guard for my brighter sounding earbuds?
I believe they sell the XM4 tips at Sony parts vendors, tho they may be a little expensive, depending on qhere you live.
I don't know if there are any of that type with wax guards.

Dec 16, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #1,937 of 2,999
Hi I now believe the sony ear tips are better than any from comply. How can I get sony tips same as xm4 but with wax guard for my brighter sounding earbuds?
I’ve only ever seen Comply do the wax guard

Dec 20, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #1,939 of 2,999
I believe they sell the XM4 tips at Sony parts vendors, tho they may be a little expensive, depending on qhere you live.
I don't know if there are any of that type with wax guards.
Can I take a step further and say the Sony tips are going to kill CIEMs? I find my universal IEMs with these Sony tips just as good as my CIEMS in comfort and isolation after a few days of judgement(I haven't tried soft silicone IEMs though). Hell, the bass doesn't lack when I lay down or open my mouth wide (you know)

Dec 21, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #1,940 of 2,999
on the other way around, these sony tips are annying the hell out of me, the mids are too large and the smalls are too small for me, and the stems on them are too narrow for my current tip collection, any recommendation ?

Dec 21, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #1,941 of 2,999
on the other way around, these sony tips are annying the hell out of me, the mids are too large and the smalls are too small for me, and the stems on them are too narrow for my current tip collection, any recommendation ?
I bought these when they released back in the summer. Tried a bunch of tips I had, nothing worked too well. The large stock foams worked best, but allowed them to move around when I was walking/running. I tried SpiralDots, Spinfits, Azla, some worked better than others, but none were great. I ended up returning them.

Just recently with them on sale I decided to try again, this time I had recently bought some Final Audio E tips and heard they worked well with these. I have to say, they're great, more comfortable, they are more stable in my ear and they require less EQ than the stock foams. If you are determined to try to get something that works, worth a shot.

Dec 21, 2021 at 1:31 PM Post #1,942 of 2,999
Had been using the ePro EP00 but recently switched back to the AZLA Earfitlight Short. Both are great IMO.

Been using these for the gym, 30 min a day 4-5x a week. Once in a while the left one will say its connected but audio will only play from the right side, putting back in case quickly will reset it and it works again.

Dec 21, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #1,943 of 2,999
You can consider the Sony EP-TC50 tips if you want to stick with a foam-silicone hybrid style tip (benefits passive isolation). Among the stock tips, I found L was too large (stuffy feeling) and M was too small (seal broken if I open my mouth), but EP-TC50 L is perfect for me.

Dec 22, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #1,944 of 2,999
I bought these when they released back in the summer. Tried a bunch of tips I had, nothing worked too well. The large stock foams worked best, but allowed them to move around when I was walking/running. I tried SpiralDots, Spinfits, Azla, some worked better than others, but none were great. I ended up returning them.

Just recently with them on sale I decided to try again, this time I had recently bought some Final Audio E tips and heard they worked well with these. I have to say, they're great, more comfortable, they are more stable in my ear and they require less EQ than the stock foams. If you are determined to try to get something that works, worth a shot.
I will have to put some Final E tips on to try them out. I would be concerned though that the upper mids / lower treble, which are already subdued, will be further reduced by the Final E…. How does it sound to you in comparison tho the stock tips and the Azlas? I currently am using the Sedna Crystal TWS with the XM4…

Dec 22, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #1,945 of 2,999
I will have to put some Final E tips on to try them out. I would be concerned though that the upper mids / lower treble, which are already subdued, will be further reduced by the Final E…. How does it sound to you in comparison tho the stock tips and the Azlas? I currently am using the Sedna Crystal TWS with the XM4…
Final type E definitely reduces treble response.

Dec 22, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #1,946 of 2,999
Final type E for TWS (no EQ) : adding a little bit of trebles, also adding a little bit of quantity on the bass, but I don't like the timbres, too metallic on them trebles. They are definitely comfy though.

Azla Sedna Crystal (no EQ) : the sound is getting too warm for my taste with mids getting pushed forward especially vocals, bass are deep and tight, and timbres is better than the Final type E for TWS. Comfort wise, they are comfy enough.

Nuarl Block Ear+ (no EQ) : the sound is pretty balance but still on the warmer side, the trebles have nice extensions and timbres, the mids are sweet, and the bass are getting tighter, but they have the least height in terms of soundstage compare to other tips, the are pretty comfy though.

Tanchjim T300T (no EQ) : this is my reference eartips, they add the most trebles (second to Xelastec) compare to others while keeping those sweet XM4's mids intact, they reduced the mid bass quantity a little bit though but still on the faster and tighter side while keeping the textures intact, they are definitely comfortable to wear.

Dec 23, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #1,947 of 2,999
Final type E for TWS (no EQ) : adding a little bit of trebles, also adding a little bit of quantity on the bass, but I don't like the timbres, too metallic on them trebles. They are definitely comfy though.

Azla Sedna Crystal (no EQ) : the sound is getting too warm for my taste with mids getting pushed forward especially vocals, bass are deep and tight, and timbres is better than the Final type E for TWS. Comfort wise, they are comfy enough.

Nuarl Block Ear+ (no EQ) : the sound is pretty balance but still on the warmer side, the trebles have nice extensions and timbres, the mids are sweet, and the bass are getting tighter, but they have the least height in terms of soundstage compare to other tips, the are pretty comfy though.

Tanchjim T300T (no EQ) : this is my reference eartips, they add the most trebles (second to Xelastec) compare to others while keeping those sweet XM4's mids intact, they reduced the mid bass quantity a little bit though but still on the faster and tighter side while keeping the textures intact, they are definitely comfortable to wear.
As above, please give us your view on the original foam Sony tips as well. Especially please compare sound between the Azla crystal and the Sony foam ones. Thanks.

Dec 25, 2021 at 10:41 PM Post #1,949 of 2,999
Xm4 sound flat .. Has no sub bas and no trouble...just flat sound peuple who like v sound dont buy. No bass quality...not even think you see high after 10k.
ok bro that’s like your opinion

Dec 26, 2021 at 3:15 AM Post #1,950 of 2,999
Xm4 sound flat .. Has no sub bas and no trouble...just flat sound peuple who like v sound dont buy. No bass quality...not even think you see high after 10k.
Sounds like you have bad seal or playing low quality files over low bit rate SBC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back