Sony WF-1000XM4 Impressions Thread
Jul 24, 2021 at 8:19 AM Post #947 of 2,999
You might want to go into Android settings and disable absolute Bluetooth volume. That works sometimes. Also make sure the volume in your music app is maxed out.
Too many times I have been disappointed by volume, until I remember to max out the source volume, and then tweak the TWS volume, either on the earphones or in the earphone app.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2021 at 9:26 PM Post #948 of 2,999
I've had these for a couple days now, and still forming my impressions. I will say though that these seem to be incredibly tip sensitive. I've tried the Medium and Large tips that came with them. Despite the fact the app says both are forming an air-tight seal, with the Large tips they are base cannons (to the point where I want to EQ them down), and with the Medium tips they feel just a touch base light.

I'd much rather use the Large tips and EQ down, but unfortunately they are tight enough that it's a bit uncomfortable and actually had them get stuck in my ear once or twice.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2021 at 9:29 PM Post #949 of 2,999
I've been having an odd issue with these. I've had an odd pain in my left ear when using these, kind of like someone is pricking the part of my ear where the IEM is making contact with needles.

After some experimentation, I think the location is correlated with where the copper contacts are (which due to the design will make skin contact), and a small amount of current might be transmitting.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this. Like I said I am still experimenting but it's a bit worrying.

Jul 24, 2021 at 11:58 PM Post #950 of 2,999
I've been having an odd issue with these. I've had an odd pain in my left ear when using these, kind of like someone is pricking the part of my ear where the IEM is making contact with needles.

After some experimentation, I think the location is correlated with where the copper contacts are (which due to the design will make skin contact), and a small amount of current might be transmitting.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this. Like I said I am still experimenting but it's a bit worrying.
I used a digital multimeter to measure the charging contacts on the IEM. There is zero volts measured across any combination of contacts. The two outside contacts are the charging contacts (5 volts), the middle contact is used for monitoring for safe charging. Anyway since there is zero volts, there is no potential to supply a current. Put a small piece of tape over the contacts and see if you still have problems. My best guess is you're feeling some physical contact pressure which is causing a little pain. Twist the earphone a little and see if you can relieve the pressure point.

Jul 25, 2021 at 12:55 AM Post #951 of 2,999
You might want to go into Android settings and disable absolute Bluetooth volume. That works sometimes. Also make sure the volume in your music app is maxed out.
Yes it work...volume now have some meat. Although, good solid with rock, metal and Ariana grande. Jazz and classical little weak...btw, I'm using power amp app. I'm heavy listening in jazz orchestral opera music
Still happy with xm4.

Jul 25, 2021 at 3:58 AM Post #952 of 2,999
Okay, I have a weird dillema. I think I managed to find a pair of these for a good 20% discount, but it's a second hand pair from someone that I don't even know so no warranty in case they break or a return policy at all. Basically I'm stuck with them if I get them. Do you think I should pull the trigger¿ (I suppose this can be rephrased as would you pull the trigger)

Jul 25, 2021 at 6:40 AM Post #953 of 2,999
Okay, I have a weird dillema. I think I managed to find a pair of these for a good 20% discount, but it's a second hand pair from someone that I don't even know so no warranty in case they break or a return policy at all. Basically I'm stuck with them if I get them. Do you think I should pull the trigger¿ (I suppose this can be rephrased as would you pull the trigger)
That's like $57 ,if you're in the USA, just get them from Amazon new for 5 monthly payments of about 57 dollars, I have the black set from bestbuy,thought about ordering the white set from Amazon because they offered me the choice of 5monthly payments for either color. I don't buy used earbuds,that's just me.

Jul 25, 2021 at 6:44 AM Post #954 of 2,999
That's like $57 ,if you're in the USA, just get them from Amazon new for 5 monthly payments of about 57 dollars, I have the black set from bestbuy,thought about ordering the white set from Amazon because they offered me the choice of 5monthly payments for either color. I don't buy used earbuds,that's just me.
I'm from the EU though and that's the whole point of the second hand sale. The guy is local to me so I can literally just go and get them without much hastle and without any shipping/import fees. And given that where I live those things are still not offered by more than two retailers and at 280 euro, it's a significant enough amount to make me consider, but the lack of warranty is bothersome because I've had problems with second hand purchases before.

Jul 25, 2021 at 6:56 AM Post #955 of 2,999
I'm from the EU though and that's the whole point of the second hand sale. The guy is local to me so I can literally just go and get them without much hastle and without any shipping/import fees. And given that where I live those things are still not offered by more than two retailers and at 280 euro, it's a significant enough amount to make me consider, but the lack of warranty is bothersome because I've had problems with second hand purchases before.
Warranty should not be void if you get the original sales slip.

Jul 25, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #958 of 2,999
anywhere to buy these online with international shipping to the uk ?. i'm after the black colour and can't find them in the uk, only the silver ones .
Amazon UK should have the black in stock next week, Tuesday 3rd

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #959 of 2,999
Got my AZLA SednaEarfit Crystal ear tips, so far they work very well and have a nice grip in my ears (L on left and M on right), sound wise they seem to work very well with my profile.
Need to check the isolation while commuting tomorrow.

Jul 26, 2021 at 9:33 PM Post #960 of 2,999
Hello, I am thinking of buying these TWS, I have some doubts, if you could answer them I would appreciate them very much.
1. How deep do they go into the ear? They enter too much, like some FiiO FA1?
2. I see that in this post there are many recommendations about silicone tips, I don't like memory foam tips either. I wanted to know if you know of some that are shorter and made of silicone.
3. How is the sound cancellation compared to the WH-1000xm3 (the over-ear of the previous generation)? I had those and they put a lot of pressure in my ear, even taking a photo in the app.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back