Sony WF-1000XM4 Impressions Thread
Jun 20, 2021 at 10:19 PM Post #571 of 2,999
Have you tried different settings -- ANC on/off, switch codec, switch bitrate, DSEE on/off etc?

I never use DSEE. I have only tried to check this with LDAC adaptive. I have tried ANC on or off.

Jun 21, 2021 at 2:01 AM Post #574 of 2,999
May be a bit late to the party, but I just got my pair and I have to say that they are pretty good with some tweaking to the highs.

Only gripe is that when you only put one in it automatically defaults to "ambient noise 10" instead of "noise cancelling" like the xm3s would, so I have to set that manually each time; hope they fix this in a future patch/update. (If someone has any solution to this, I'd greatly appreciate it)

Jun 21, 2021 at 2:05 AM Post #575 of 2,999
May be a bit late to the party, but I just got my pair and I have to say that they are pretty good with some tweaking to the highs.

Only gripe is that when you only put one in it automatically defaults to "ambient noise 10" instead of "noise cancelling" like the xm3s would, so I have to set that manually each time; hope they fix this in a future patch/update. (If someone has any solution to this, I'd greatly appreciate it)
Silly question but what possible use is ANC with one earpiece? 🤔

Jun 21, 2021 at 2:06 AM Post #576 of 2,999
I tried every possible permutation (including manual EQ to adjust down high-end for human speech) and, with the same problematic source media, zero difference.
Can you please.post a link to a podcast or sound file with timestamp so that others can check this out? Or Dropbox a small file.

Jun 21, 2021 at 7:19 AM Post #580 of 2,999
Seems like Spinfits CPXXX and Spiral dot are the best Silicon tips. Anyone tried both brands with the xm4 and could do some feedback on the sound/comfort/isolation? Currently on the fence about which ones to get

Jun 21, 2021 at 7:24 AM Post #581 of 2,999
Seems like Spinfits CPXXX and Spiral dot are the best Silicon tips. Anyone tried both brands with the xm4 and could do some feedback on the sound/comfort/isolation? Currently on the fence about which ones to get
Spiral Dot user here. Fit is superb, comfort is superb (can wear them all day and they sit flush against my ear). Sound is excellent, opens up the mids and treble while keeping bass nice and tight. Definitely my preferred choice for the XM4 out of the dozen or so tips I own. Also helps that it looks like it was made for the XM4...even the seam is consistent with the shell design!

PSX_20210621_132223.jpg

Jun 21, 2021 at 7:29 AM Post #582 of 2,999
Spiral Dot user here. Fit is superb, comfort is superb (can wear them all day and they sit flush against my ear). Sound is excellent, opens up the mids and treble while keeping bass nice and tight. Definitely my preferred choice for the XM4 out of the dozen or so tips I own. Also helps that it looks like it was made for the XM4...even the seam is consistent with the shell design!

PSX_20210621_132223.jpg
So which Spiral Dot are you using? Do you have a link to the one you have & that fits the XM4?

Jun 21, 2021 at 7:34 AM Post #583 of 2,999

Users who are viewing this thread

Back