Sony WF-1000XM4 Impressions Thread
Jun 29, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #736 of 2,999
I have a heck of a time getting a seal with short trips like the first on in your pictures, that's why I use long tips like the original Sony Hybrid. But that's just my ears versus yours.

Jun 29, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #737 of 2,999
I have a heck of a time getting a seal with short trips like the first on in your pictures, that's why I use long tips like the original Sony Hybrid. But that's just my ears versus yours.

Absolutely, tips are always a personal thing. The reason why I mentioned the TWS version of the Epro tips is because most people who mentioned the EPro Tips in this thread seem to use the regular Epro tips, which is longer but narrower compared to the TWS version. I also tried the regular version, didn’t work out so well for me: hard to get a decent seal. I think the reason why the TWS version worked for my ears is because it’s wider despite being shorter, which created a decent seal for my ears.

Jun 29, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #738 of 2,999
So my Spiral Dots arrived, and have to say loving the comfort! Not much EQ needed either, but I think I prefer the sound with the cp360s. We'll see how isolation is with the Underground tomorrow!

Jun 29, 2021 at 11:56 PM Post #739 of 2,999
After changing between a few tips ( JVC spiral dots, spinfit cp360 cp100, final audio e-type and a few generic tips) the original Sony hybrid tips give me the best sound. Mids come through as natural, highs are crisp without being overly bright. Sub bass is more enhanced giving a more dynamic bass sound.

CW5Zpo5.jpg

Jun 30, 2021 at 12:25 AM Post #740 of 2,999
I think they're just not moving as much as Panasonic/Technics would have hoped. I got my pair when the price went down to about $150 and they're 100% worth it at that price.

The drain problem will really only affect you if you're using these infrequently; if they're your daily driver, you'd never notice. In my case (pun half-intended), I only realize it's a thing if I leave them alone for more than a week in between charges.

After changing between a few tips ( JVC spiral dots, spinfit cp360 cp100, final audio e-type and a few generic tips) the original Sony hybrid tips give me the best sound. Mids come through as natural, highs are crisp without being overly bright. Sub bass is more enhanced giving a more dynamic bass sound.

CW5Zpo5.jpg
That's how my XM3 look :) and I almost guarantee I will do the same on the XM4 when I buy a pair.

Jun 30, 2021 at 1:54 AM Post #741 of 2,999

CW5Zpo5.jpg
Not tried the hybrids. I’ll give them a go at some point!

Jun 30, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #742 of 2,999
Hi all. I just got my new pair of earbuds from Sony. Really excited and happy with the outcome.

20210630-043351979-i-OS.jpg

Yes I can tell you I would probably still use Apple Aiprods Pro now if it was not an unfortunate event on the road a week ago: while cycling in the rain one headphone simply slipped away on the road and got killed by traffic. RIP :)

20210627-180459644-i-OS.jpg

I knew Sony's earbuds are better and now I can vouch for that with my own ears. There is a pity though it does not perform as better on iOS as it does in Android especially on a SONY smartphone... I'm saying that because the OS integration is somehow app dependent. Otherwise it performs way better that competition I guess.

Now like someone who had a bad experience like I did , the question I have: Is there any chance I can find a compatible neck strap lanyard for this particular model? I could only find something made for earlier models like WF-1000X. I also wonder what's with the metal ring - maybe it can be used just for that - with an appropriate plug...

Any ideas?

Jun 30, 2021 at 10:59 AM Post #743 of 2,999
Hi all. I just got my new pair of earbuds from Sony. Really excited and happy with the outcome.

Yes I can tell you I would probably still use Apple Aiprods Pro now if it was not an unfortunate event on the road a week ago: while cycling in the rain one headphone simply slipped away on the road and got killed by traffic. RIP :)

I knew Sony's earbuds are better and now I can vouch for that with my own ears. There is a pity though it does not perform as better on iOS as it does in Android especially on a SONY smartphone... I'm saying that because the OS integration is somehow app dependent. Otherwise it performs way better that competition I guess.

Now like someone who had a bad experience like I did , the question I have: Is there any chance I can find a compatible neck strap lanyard for this particular model? I could only find something made for earlier models like WF-1000X. I also wonder what's with the metal ring - maybe it can be used just for that - with an appropriate plug...

Any ideas?
That's a microphone

Jun 30, 2021 at 11:29 AM Post #744 of 2,999

Any ideas?
You can still replace the broken bud for like 90 bucks through Apple. Though some sellers on Ebay refurbished units for 70 bucks (I can't speak for the legitimacy of those though).

Jun 30, 2021 at 12:35 PM Post #746 of 2,999
You can still replace the broken bud for like 90 bucks through Apple. Though some sellers on Ebay refurbished units for 70 bucks (I can't speak for the legitimacy of those though).
I was thinking of that actually so now it's clear for me... No chance...

Anyway I hope I'll be more lucky this time.

BTW, later on I'll test the SONY headphones with a SONY STR-D 1080. I'm curious how will DSD/DSF will perform. On my iPhone 12 PRO MAX is OK with Apple Music until now and I have NO complains other than DOLBY Atmos - as soon as I enable it the volume will get much lower. I wonder if that is normal? 🙄

Jun 30, 2021 at 1:38 PM Post #747 of 2,999
I was thinking of that actually so now it's clear for me... No chance...

Anyway I hope I'll be more lucky this time.

BTW, later on I'll test the SONY headphones with a SONY STR-D 1080. I'm curious how will DSD/DSF will perform. On my iPhone 12 PRO MAX is OK with Apple Music until now and I have NO complains other than DOLBY Atmos - as soon as I enable it the volume will get much lower. I wonder if that is normal? 🙄
Atmos tracks are mixed and mastered a lot quieter. So the volume differences are normal.

Jun 30, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #748 of 2,999
These are surprisingly good as far as sound is concerned. I bought them primarily because of the practical advantages of a TWS and with the expectation that the sound would 'good for a TWS', which is to say rather mediocre. But so far, i like them in this regard quite a lot, too, at least with the Treble EQ-Preset (more than the B&W PI7, which are sibilant, very inconsistent between ANC on and off and inferior in every other TWS-specific aspect).

Jun 30, 2021 at 6:28 PM Post #749 of 2,999
Loving my pair so far. Had to do some eq to get them to my liking.
Having some connection issues with them though. Sometime the audio just drops for a second. Using ldac with OnePlus 9 pro.

Also having that Sony overlay thing showing up randomly without the audio dropping.
Have no issues with this phone, ldac and wh-1000xm3.

Anyone had the same?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back