Sony WF-1000X discussion thread: Truly wireless IEM with Active Noise Cancelling!
Jun 25, 2018 at 3:01 AM Post #361 of 502
Have you tried setting the volume to max in the Sony Music Center app, then adjusting with the phone volume? When I got my buds, I tried them without the Music Center app (on Android) and got just listenable volume on the max phone volume. When I ran the Music Center app, it showed its volume at 50%, and increasing it with the app volume control gave higher volume than the phone BT volume alone. It's a clumsy arrangement, but now I set the Music Center app volume to max and use the phone volume controls to adjust the listening levels as required.

Thank you very very much!!!

Jul 10, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #362 of 502
Does the Sony still have the right earpiece losing connection problem? The price of these has been going down lately and now it's reaching my budget ($145) , but just checking for sure.
Also, does this "technique" of leaving the right earpiece while connecting does make the problem go away?

Jul 10, 2018 at 11:32 PM Post #363 of 502
Does the Sony still have the right earpiece losing connection problem? The price of these has been going down lately and now it's reaching my budget ($145) , but just checking for sure.
Also, does this "technique" of leaving the right earpiece while connecting does make the problem go away?

Not sure about the connection but I have seen them as low as $80 USD on Amazon Warehouse Deals Canada.

Jul 10, 2018 at 11:42 PM Post #364 of 502
Damn that'd be a great deal, I cant find those here sadly, I'M IN Asia and both locally and IN AliExpress they hover around 154-160 so that's my option really

Jul 16, 2018 at 3:41 PM Post #365 of 502
Hi,

I'm struggling to get the volume high enough with these headphones. Max volume is just about adequate. I've got the headphone and music app and I have all the volumes on max but still no joy. I'm connected to a Galaxy S9 but I've also tried it with a iPhone, iPad and Windows laptop with the same result.

Can anyone suggest anything to try?

Thanks,

Barm.

Jul 27, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #368 of 502
So update 2.0.0, how is it?

So i have been busy at work and haven't had a chance to give it a full test run. I have mostly listened to the headset with one earbud in (left only of course). I have only listened with both buds in for a few hours at a time, maybe 2-3 times. The thing i notice the most is this "chime" that rings in every now and then? I think it is the headphones switching modes from sitting to walking as i do various tasks.

When i do have both buds in, there has only been 1 maybe 2 times where the sound cut out for a half second on the right ear. Cant really know what caused it as the phone is on my desk, but i am at in an office environment with alot of electronics around me.

Concerning delay on videos. I have had 1 issue. Youtube and Netflix seems to sync ok. It did get out of sync once but if you play music for a second then go back to the video it worked fine after that. Again that was only one time, i tend to just let youtube auto play for awhile and then look at the video every now and then while working.

Overall, would i pay $200 for them? Probably not... <100 like i paid, i think theyre pretty good.

Jul 29, 2018 at 2:44 AM Post #369 of 502
So i have been busy at work and haven't had a chance to give it a full test run. I have mostly listened to the headset with one earbud in (left only of course). I have only listened with both buds in for a few hours at a time, maybe 2-3 times. The thing i notice the most is this "chime" that rings in every now and then? I think it is the headphones switching modes from sitting to walking as i do various tasks.

When i do have both buds in, there has only been 1 maybe 2 times where the sound cut out for a half second on the right ear. Cant really know what caused it as the phone is on my desk, but i am at in an office environment with alot of electronics around me.

Concerning delay on videos. I have had 1 issue. Youtube and Netflix seems to sync ok. It did get out of sync once but if you play music for a second then go back to the video it worked fine after that. Again that was only one time, i tend to just let youtube auto play for awhile and then look at the video every now and then while working.

Overall, would i pay $200 for them? Probably not... <100 like i paid, i think theyre pretty good.
Don’t get me wrong I feel the sound quality is superb on these things, audiophile friendly I would say.

If it’s wasnt for the connectivity issue I would be totally sold on these. Anyone knows a workaround to keep YouTube audio in sync and also how to improve connectivity. The option using SBC is crap tbh so don’t bother. Cheers people

Jul 29, 2018 at 2:46 AM Post #370 of 502

Anyway, which phone are you using I guess it makes a difference as well in terms of codec

Jul 29, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #371 of 502
I'm mostly using them with a s9+. I tried switching the codec to AAC but the phone switches it right back Sometimes I'll use them with a iPhone 6 (work phone), but that is rare. I took them on a run in Saturday and was pretty happy with them.

Aug 2, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #372 of 502
Okay guys... did some thorough listening and “testing”. And after reading several forums, discussions and reviews, I think I’ve finally got it.
My solution might sound gimmicky but stay with me for a while. So what I did was follow a discussion post on the Sony UK site.

Basically it requires you to turn the headset off, then put it into factory default settings by pressing it down for 15 seconds on both earbuds. The headset will go through the same 2 second turn off process on the left bud and the 7 second pairing process but at the 15 second mark it will blink blue 4 times and your buds are in factory reset. After that delete the Sony connect app... that’s the main issue that’s messing around with the connectivity. After you’ve done that, pair your buds again with your phone. If you have an iPhone which is what I have, you need aac right, so download the app again and switch it to aac without changing any settings, after that just delete the app. Another thing is that you need noise cancellation to be off coz it’s also messing around with the connectivity between the buds so every time I power them on, I leave the right bud in the case, connect to Bluetooth, get it connected and then cycle to OFF instead of noise cancellation or ambient sound, then I only take the right bud and put it into my ear.

My results:
1 hour of continuous playback with 2 hiccups on the first run. 2nd run I forgot to switch to off and left the noise cancellation on, and I thought all my effort was wasted coz the same thing happened but not as frequently. 15 minutes into the session after I’ve realised it I changed it to OFF again and voila, my session was flawless.

Still doing continued listening so I will update my findings in a day or two

Aug 6, 2018 at 6:19 AM Post #373 of 502
Is there anyone here experience some abysmal quality when doing voice call? i'm always told that the voice from the mic is awfully small from the person i'm doing call with whenever i'm using wf-1000x :frowning2:, wondeirng if it's my unit that has problem, or just well known issues?

Sep 24, 2018 at 7:52 PM Post #374 of 502
I really like these. The connection issues and the battery life are lacking, but the sound quality and comfort is superb. These sound very good, comparable if not better than many dual drivers.

I think the connection issues come from the phone being bombarded by new WiFi networks. It does drop out a lot more out of the house. I am guessing that the WiFi and Bluetooth chips are connected and when the WiFi is acquired by a new network it causes a jump in utilisation.

It seems that the headset gets two signals from the phone. This is why other bt headphones don't have issues, because they only have one connection while this one has two, one for each bud.

Other thing I wish is that the noise cancelling would stop dropping out when listening to nothing. These are excellent for silence in urban areas, but they quit too much.

Sep 25, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #375 of 502
How much does this isolate BTW? How does it compare to a nicely isolated IEM like ie ER4? or more conservative DD design with ports?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back