Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Feb 7, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #3,631 of 8,200
Hi, my a45 lost the sound output after the project Z firmware, what can i do?

You can just use the StockRevert, and then install the 1.10 update for the A40 from Sony, until there will be a fix available for the players who have no working sound.

Feb 7, 2021 at 6:05 PM Post #3,633 of 8,200
So if I change the region to E is there suppose to be a high gain setting or is it in high gain all the time?

The high gain setting is not region dependant anymore with these newer players.

Just don't be on a CEW region, if you want to avoid the volume limit.

Feb 8, 2021 at 1:32 AM Post #3,634 of 8,200
Hi there, I never downloaded/used any custom firmware, I m using the old firmware which is originated from Sony.. meaning I can just install the Project Z directly to my 1A? thanks the great work from Mr Walkman, I m keen to see my +3years old device reborn!

Feb 8, 2021 at 1:38 AM Post #3,635 of 8,200
Hi there, I never downloaded/used any custom firmware, I m using the old firmware which is originated from Sony.. meaning I can just install the Project Z directly to my 1A? thanks the great work from Mr Walkman, I m keen to see my +3years old device reborn!
Hi and welcome to the new dimension of sound. Yes it’s so simple to download and install the project z or any custom firmwares for your walkman model here onto your device. Please read the instructions that come with the download package. It’s very simple. Just install the firmware and then install the external tuning installer and you’re done. Enjoy.

Feb 8, 2021 at 7:28 AM Post #3,636 of 8,200
Hi and welcome to the new dimension of sound. Yes it’s so simple to download and install the project z or any custom firmwares for your walkman model here onto your device. Please read the instructions that come with the download package. It’s very simple. Just install the firmware and then install the external tuning installer and you’re done. Enjoy.
many tks, just finished ,everything looks the same except I got this screen saying its has been updated, how can I know if the update completed?

Attachments

• 1612786608007425828000146900707.jpg
    1612786608007425828000146900707.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 8, 2021 at 8:21 AM Post #3,638 of 8,200
many tks, just finished ,everything looks the same except I got this screen saying its has been updated, how can I know if the update completed?

To get an idea about what to expect, please read all the info on the webpage: https://www.mrwalkman.ml/p/project-z-wm1.html

To make sure the installation is finished, make sure you did both installation steps, while also following the indications regarding those steps.

11423073.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #3,640 of 8,200
@MrWalkman I have a couple of questions for you.
If after installing FEv2 I revert to Stock firmware using the ”revert to stock” .exe and then I install the original Sony Stock firmware without running the ”revert to stock ext tuning” .exe would be ok or may I expect some functional or sound issue to install the original firmware without running before the “revert to stock ext tunning” .exe?
My other question is about your Chameleon 1.4 fw. I have read somewhere that Chameleon 1.4 just and only swap the original stock 1A and 1Z ext tuning files when switching between models without and that is the only change this fw performs to alter the sound ( I‘m only talk about base sound changes, not any other extra function that Chameleon brings that may alter the sound if activated like DSEE-AI etc). Am I right? If so and if I use the 3.02 Chameleon 1.4 fw without switching model (I mean using Chameleon 1.4 in a 1Z and not switching to 1A) the sound would be exactly the very same as with the original 3.02 sony original fw?

Feb 8, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #3,641 of 8,200
If after installing FEv2 I revert to Stock firmware using the ”revert to stock” .exe and then I install the original Sony Stock firmware without running the ”revert to stock ext tuning” .exe would be ok or may I expect some functional or sound issue to install the original firmware without running before the “revert to stock ext tunning” .exe?

It's kind of the same thing, except the stock revert tuning is very small.

My other question is about your Chameleon 1.4 fw. I have read somewhere that Chameleon 1.4 just and only swap the original stock 1A and 1Z ext tuning files when switching between models without and that is the only change this fw performs to alter the sound ( I‘m only talk about base sound changes, not any other extra function that Chameleon brings that may alter the sound if activated like DSEE-AI etc). Am I right? If so and if I use the 3.02 Chameleon 1.4 fw without switching model (I mean using Chameleon 1.4 in a 1Z and not switching to 1A) the sound would be exactly the very same as with the original 3.02 sony original fw?

Exactly, if you just install that mod and you don't change the model and reapply the tuning, it should sound like the normal 1Z.

Feb 8, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #3,642 of 8,200
It's kind of the same thing, except the stock revert tuning is very small.
Thanks! But let me ask if it’s exactly the same or not (I mean if I install the original stock fw without running before the “revert to stock tunning files” .exe).
I always thought the external tunning files were implemented by the original fw overwriting the existing tunning files no matter if those were from an original or custom fw) so I thought that your “revert to stock tuning files” .exe was mandatory to get stock sound only if you aren’t going to make any further move but if you are going to install the stock fw then the “revert to stock tunning files” step is not neccesary cause running the stock fw .exe will overwrite the custom tunning files with the original tunning files by itself. Am I right?
Thanks again. I just try to understand a bit more about how these custom fw and tunning files works.:slight_smile:

Feb 8, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #3,643 of 8,200
Thanks! But let me ask if it’s exactly the same or not (I mean if I install the original stock fw without running before the “revert to stock tunning files” .exe).
I always thought the external tunning files were implemented by the original fw overwriting the existing tunning files no matter if those were from an original or custom fw) so I thought that your “revert to stock tuning files” .exe was mandatory to get stock sound only if you aren’t going to make any further move but if you are going to install the stock fw then the “revert to stock tunning files” step is not neccesary cause running the stock fw .exe will overwrite the custom tunning files with the original tunning files by itself. Am I right?
Thanks again. I just try to understand a bit more about how these custom fw and tunning files works.:slight_smile:

It's not mandatory to install the StockRevert tuning, and you can instead just reinstall the official 3.02 firmware (or another official version).

However, I didn't want to complicate things by sending people to also download the official firmware again, etc., hence why I included the stock tuning in that very small package.

So we can say it's mandatory to install the StockRevert tuning or to reinstall the official firmware.

Feb 8, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #3,644 of 8,200
It's not mandatory to install the StockRevert tuning, and you can instead just reinstall the official 3.02 firmware (or another official version).

However, I didn't want to complicate things by sending people to also download the official firmware again, etc., hence why I included the stock tuning in that very small package.

So we can say it's mandatory to install the StockRevert tuning or to reinstall the official firmware.
Understood! Thanks!:beyersmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back