Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Oct 23, 2020 at 7:35 AM Post #961 of 8,151
To be honest, It is the best strategy to let ppl know your creation. Give trial version for someone with butterfly words and then disappear for not too long. It makes everyone crazy about it, want to have it by anymean. It is normal for humans being, lol.
But I find it great to let everyone wait, they will value you work more.
J/k

Oct 23, 2020 at 8:55 AM Post #963 of 8,151
Of course I understand. Just as Redcarmoose and other lucky testers demonstrate that MK2 is something special, I also show impatience and excitement. I just wanted to play along. But I'm really looking forward to it.

Just saying give the guy a break as people have lives outside of Head-Fi. TBH the hype isn't helping either as it only serves to fuel the fire, nor bring resolution. All let's just let things evolve naturally, then people can make their own decisions. As ever some will like, some will love, some ambivalent, some wont care...

Q-6

Oct 23, 2020 at 9:01 AM Post #964 of 8,151
To be honest, It is the best strategy to let ppl know your creation. Give trial version for someone with butterfly words and then disappear for not too long. It makes everyone crazy about it, want to have it by anymean. It is normal for humans being, lol.
But I find it great to let everyone wait, they will value you work more.
J/k

TBH that has ever been Mr Walkman's strategy, he has never prompted any of the testers to hype or discuss, frequently the opposite. Bottom line is in current form it's not ready for release. Once ready members here will be one of the first to know, more importantly have access to the mod :)

Q-6

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2020 at 9:07 AM Post #965 of 8,151
Anyone doesn’t like what I write simply block me, I don’t care. :)

I’ve never been told to write anything nor not write anything.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2020 at 9:52 AM Post #966 of 8,151

I agree. I don’t see any issue in writing about an upcoming firmware which we have had the privilege to use. In fact we as early adopters actually are helping the masses get ready for what’s to come by way of anticipation as well as keeping the fire burning for this awesome little Walkman.

Oct 23, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #967 of 8,151
I agree. I don’t see any issue in writing about an upcoming firmware which we have had the privilege to use. In fact we as early adopters actually are helping the masses get ready for what’s to come by way of anticipation as well as keeping the fire burning for this awesome little Walkman.

It’s an unknown when your making something, and the unknown aspects are the hiccups which can’t be judged before hand. Before I wrote stuff I simply asked myself if it was a good thing and my inner response was yes. Though that inner response did get me into trouble in my younger years. :)

I would say there exists two styles of written hype; sincere and not sincere.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2020 at 10:40 PM Post #969 of 8,151
It’s an unknown when your making something, and the unknown aspects are the hiccups which can’t be judged before hand. Before I wrote stuff I simply asked myself if it was a good thing and my inner response was yes. Though that inner response did get me into trouble in my younger years. :)

I would say there exists two styles of written hype; sincere and not sincere.
I

It is actually opposite. I value your thoughts on Mk2 review between 1z and 1a. It is more objective and analytical rather than overdose usage of sweeten words. There is no such things the best for everyone, but the best for their own reference.

Oct 23, 2020 at 11:18 PM Post #970 of 8,151
It is actually opposite. I value your thoughts on Mk2 review between 1z and 1a. It is more objective and analytical rather than overdose usage of sweeten words. There is no such things the best for everyone, but the best for their own reference.
True, but we here will actually value group opinion. And due to this stuff being a mystery......we value when someone has parallel ideas (with our own) after listening. This is due maybe to what could be considered basic good traits. Obviously everyone has subjective taste in music and tone; along with random IEMs that discombobulate the sound. Still the whole reason almost to post here is to learn others peoples ideas and use them. I may do a 1Z vs 1A with MK2? But right now (metaphorically speaking) it’s like being in the best nightclub drinking the best whisky with the most beautiful girl? So I could care less about MK2 on the 1Z.

Remember too, MK2 will be out very very soon and 1Z owners can chime-in. I can only do so much. Many times our first impressions have been wrong. This firmware thing doesn’t get understandable in days but rather in months of listening. Also I still have a bunch of IEMs for the MK2 1A.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2020 at 11:32 PM Post #972 of 8,151
This MK2 version also for A50 series?

It could work for all devices, but it will take some time.

MK2 should arrive by the end of this week. And then I have to release the A45/A35 DMP mods, and the previous mods again.

Oct 23, 2020 at 11:38 PM Post #973 of 8,151
It could work for all devices, but it will take some time.

MK2 should arrive by the end of this week. And then I have to release the A45/A35 DMP mods, and the previous mods again.
Thank you again and take it easy! There is really no tearing hurry :wink: :vulcan:

Oct 24, 2020 at 12:48 AM Post #974 of 8,151
The crazy part was what the 1A and MK2 did for the N3. I may be going over and over this.......but it’s an IEM that was literally at the bottom of my collection?
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/sony-xba-n3.22428/reviews

The XBA-N3 is a $290 IEM. It still maybe considered “mid-fi” yet with MK2 and the 1A it now performs like never before. It’s just slightly confusing how it’s never been this good before? It still has a slight spot of missing bass timbre but for $290, it’s totally forgivable considering what it’s doing everywhere else. I can spend two days on it alone just wondering how it can the same IEM as before. I haven’t even got around to the IER-Z1R or XBA-Z5 yet. :)

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2020 at 12:56 AM Post #975 of 8,151
Will test out how the mk2 sound in a55 and 1a

IMG_20201024_125204.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back