Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Oct 22, 2020 at 8:36 AM Post #931 of 8,217
wondering when mk2 will be release :)

Pack a lunch, it’s going to be a long wonderful journey for everyone once it is actually here. Probably the single greatest thing in my audiophile history.

Oct 22, 2020 at 8:42 AM Post #932 of 8,217
I’m actually using Cerberus DMP on Romi mod 1Z. It’s leaps way beyond MK1. I’m looking forward to compare Cerberus DMP to MK2
I totally agree with you. I'm also using the Cerberus on Kmod Mod. It's really better. Same as you, I'm looking forward to hearing Z1 MK2. Hope it will release soon.

Oct 22, 2020 at 9:06 AM Post #934 of 8,217
Oct 22, 2020 at 9:16 AM Post #935 of 8,217
Found some XBA-N3 IEM's without the cable but had all the eartips and other accessories for 9000 yen today at E-Earphone. They actually had an extra IER-Z1R 3.5mm cable and I was curious to try the combo with the 1A DMP M2 and wow, what a wonder it was! So I bought the XBA-N3 and used my own cable from my IER-Z1R, and this will be my permanent setup as well as my on-the-go IEM's with my 1A or my FiiO M6. It sounds really good with the firmware from MrWalkman. Huge improvement in sound with the IER-Z1R cable. I'm really surprised!

image.jpg

Oct 22, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #937 of 8,217
Pack a lunch, it’s going to be a long wonderful journey for everyone once it is actually here. Probably the single greatest thing in my audiophile history.
So is Mk II a going to be a wonderful journey for the 1Z? I've read on here nothing but high praise from the Mk II trialists (if that's the correct term? :relaxed:) but the praise appears to be pretty much solely in relation to the 1A. With Mk 1 on my 1Z, I'm thinking, can it really get much better than this?

Oct 22, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #939 of 8,217
So is Mk II a going to be a wonderful journey for the 1Z? I've read on here nothing but high praise from the Mk II trialists (if that's the correct term? :relaxed:) but the praise appears to be pretty much solely in relation to the 1A. With Mk 1 on my 1Z, I'm thinking, can it really get much better than this?

It’s just as great supposedly for the 1Z. I could put it in the 1Z as I have one at arms length. Call me a skeptic though as I’m pretty sure I’ve not found a firmware to be magical to both players.

The MK1 was a revelation to the 1Z but seemed slightly too out of focus for the 1A. I have been told in PMs that MK2 is special in both players, by other testers. But of course this game is subjective to a fault.

I wish I could answer that but to tell you the truth I was going to leave it for others to answer. It’s pretty simple.....as it goes in and changed music comes out. I’m simply on a different schedule where I leave MK1 on the 1Z and simply have been focusing on the 1A. My idea is success comes by listening more than changing firmware, especially if you like what your hearing. The 1A is so good, most wouldn’t want more. Most would not need a 1Z. Yet in contrast the 1Z with MK1 still has slightly more bass presence. Still the 1A now is a whole new town? Who knows though maybe MK2 with the 1Z goes to another even better place substantiating the need to still get a 1Z?

These firmwares make opinions on players confusing. At one point two months back I thought the 1A was better than the 1Z, then I liked the 1Z again, then MK2 came? I may need therapy if this keeps up?

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #940 of 8,217
Oct 22, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #942 of 8,217
Oct 22, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #943 of 8,217
I have never been afraid of the apocalypse as in these days of waiting new FW.

When? When?? When???

When it's ready, as that's the only correct answer. All the posts & PM's in the world wont change that :wink:

Q-6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back