Sony Walkman NWZ-X1000 (UK out NOW, US version out mid-June)
Jan 8, 2009 at 2:24 AM Post #106 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very limited! When they dropped Atrac/SS outside of Japan, the new models didn't have gapless, on-the-fly playlists, ratings, or deletion directly from the player etc etc. I still have my A808 which has all those features, but it would be nice if the new model included some of them. I used to love adding songs to playlists on the move, and I'm one of those who can't predict what I want to listen to in advance, I like to do it on the spot!

I love my A828 for those functions not found in NA models
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Having the pause, forward, back buttons on top REALLY bothers me.

Yes I would have preferred the side as well, I can imagine how awkward it feels to reach for the top while holding the player with one hand

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:32 AM Post #107 of 422
I think the sony x1000 will really trash the ipod's ass. It's time for the walkman to finally make its comeback. The player looks really good, so does the functions. The only thing that might put me off buying it might be the price. Sony stuff are really expensive

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:52 AM Post #108 of 422
Yup, early summer 2009, so there realy isn't much to do but wait, but of course with sony launching their new blog, and knowing that the old blog was read by the exec who started it, you can always complain about the release date on the blog

Sony

The player is quite small, so accessing the buttons at the top should be no problem, but then who knows if anyone will buy it with such a late release
biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2009 at 6:13 AM Post #110 of 422
damn, the video on the 1st page said Q1 of 2009 so I got super excited, but damn, wait it is. damn!! my clip will have to do til then, getting a w760 phone too that'll keep me busy for a bit.. then school and then work.. but I want it now!!!

web browsing wifi.. I thought it would only be youtube wifi, that's even more than I asked for. yes sir. but the digital NC probably only works with the given earphones.. which sucks IMO

Jan 8, 2009 at 6:29 AM Post #111 of 422
I don't know about that release date, sony themselves say in their press release that it will become available in early summer, which is not Q1 2009, more like Q2 2009 seeing as summer officially starts on june 20th of this year (at least where I am). I am hoping that sony moves the release date forward to Q1.

Jan 8, 2009 at 8:04 AM Post #112 of 422
I'm really glad they have a working prototype though and let ppl touch it. Judging from their last press release regarding the x100 (is that what it's called?) I was a bit scared.. those paint renderings were terrible (and way off)

maybe they could surprise us.. but how often does a company actually release something ahead of the scheduled time? I don't know Sony's track history so I couldn't say but I want to see a longer video where the user really explores the UI. I am really excited about this player and it's not just excitement hype like it was for the cowon s9.

Jan 8, 2009 at 8:50 AM Post #114 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Having the pause, forward, back buttons on top REALLY bothers me. IMO it would've been much better to include those buttons on either the left or right side. Placing buttons on the top and bottom of a vertically designed DAP is just sort of awkward, not to mention it looks terrible.

Actually not to me. I am looking forward to having this in my jeans pocket or shirt pocket and having the controls available to me all the time without having to pull the whole DAP out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh crap!! Summer?? I thought maybe February or March at the latest
frown.gif

lol. This suits me just fine. My S639 is barely two months old...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ascariss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm not sure, the device was under a glass cover at CES and no one could use it, this is what I was told. :/

There is at least one working prototype. See the video posted.

Jan 8, 2009 at 1:15 PM Post #116 of 422
UI looks sluggish. Did you notice he had to press 3-4 times for the cover to activate. And it looked choppy.

Maybe this will be sorted out in production models.

Jan 8, 2009 at 3:19 PM Post #117 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by akerman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UI looks sluggish. Did you notice he had to press 3-4 times for the cover to activate. And it looked choppy.

He also appeared to be very nervous and shaky. He probably wasn't touching very hard since he could hardly control his hand.

But it does seem like they need some optimization in terms of touch response.

Jan 8, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #118 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is at least one working prototype. See the video posted.

That was not at CES but in Japan, the CES model was under the glass, notice how no site has any hands on photos of the device? that is because sony kept it locked away at CES under the glass.
frown.gif

btw apparently europe will get both the W and X series this spring according to the european press release.

Canadian market release info

X series
-black
-32 gig only
-no price stated
-may release

W series
-2 gig
-black, white, violet, pink
-around 100 dollar
-april release.

Jan 8, 2009 at 8:01 PM Post #119 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by akerman /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I thought it looked as quick as the touch. In any case, it seems a hell of a lot less sluggish than the cowon s9 UI- compare the videos. Poor cowon, seems like they have been sitting on their arses for the last few years, the D2 was ahead of its time, but the s9 looks horrid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back