Sony Walkman NWZ-X1000 (UK out NOW, US version out mid-June)
Dec 22, 2008 at 10:34 PM Post #61 of 422
sony did not take anything away. for europe and north america, by far a smaller market for sony models than japan (which carries still the same silly drm schemes, the silly Sonic Stage and the silly ATRAC) still has all the goodies: recording from line in (very very good recording in fact), line out easily accessible, gapless, pcm compatibility, atrac, lossless etc.

i think the europe and north america markets have been dumbed down so much so that any non-apple machine has to come with rubbish software or hardware and a really low price to boot. sony sees this, cannot compete by releasing their full fledged player with all its features in north america and europe so criples the ones they send over.

that is market, not sony being greedy. who besides headfiers (or even headfiers who complain that ipod is too expensive) would buy a sony 8gb player that costs over 250$? I can see it: sony ripping off the general populace.

it will never happen when this market is flooded with such rubbish companies that proper quality companies cannot bring out proper devices. go to japan if you want the proper audiophile version. people there are used to paying more for quality rather than quantity.

Dec 23, 2008 at 8:11 PM Post #63 of 422
Nice. I know a lot of people are going to jump on this if the specs hold up and the price is low.

People love touch screens and hate iTunes/Apple.

If this is as good as they make it out to be, we will have a real contender come 09.

Dec 24, 2008 at 5:02 AM Post #64 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will debut at CES 2009

I'll see if I can find it and snap some photos.

pink

Dec 24, 2008 at 6:19 AM Post #66 of 422
i think it won't be till much later till there is a real contender to the ipod. sony have to come out with a reason to upgrade from an ipod or any other player for that matter. there is no reason to upgrade just because something is new and you don't have it. not for most normal people at least.

while we may fit that abnormal bill, we constitute a fair minority. if i end up going for it, ill wait till i go back to japan to get the fully functional unit, load up windows and enjoy a real player. i don't care about paying 70-80$ more for those functions: those features are important for me: without them, no reason at all to carry anything but my ipod touch.

Dec 24, 2008 at 6:33 AM Post #67 of 422
lol nylan

I was rooting for the s9 but the reviews disappointed me a bit and I feel the walkman touch may be able to offer the same.. and more! so I want to wait for it and HOPE it comes out like a week after CES which I believe will not be the case... so I'm mp3 player less once again
frown.gif

or I may just never be satisfied and keep waiting.

Jan 1, 2009 at 12:30 PM Post #69 of 422
i wont do any ungrade from S739 to Sony OLED touch unless they can convince me in better:

-battery life (MUST)
-better EQ and SQ (MUST)
-file format support (MUST, at least FLAC)
-bigger storage size (MUST, i think they will )

contrary, i am so afraid batterylife will be much shorter for coming "bigger screen" sony...

i guess, they will still imprement bundled noice cancelling(NC) which not compatible with 3rd party NC phone, and may cut out radio FM, and cutout bluetooth

i like Sony walkamn EQ and SQ, i impressed with the S739 NC which much better then IEM isolation level on noise but i hate their marketing strategy of + and -

Jan 1, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #70 of 422
they better have a working prototype. From their last press release, it didn't seem like they had anything except half done Paint renderings.. maybe that was on purpose as to not give away too much? let's hope..

Jan 1, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #71 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by musictang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i wont do any ungrade from S739 to Sony OLED touch unless they can convince me in better:

-battery life (MUST)
-better EQ and SQ (MUST)
-file format support (MUST, at least FLAC)
-bigger storage size (MUST, i think they will )

-You'll get better battery life, but 40hrs for audio & 10hrs video is a must.
-Better EQ and SQ? How much better can it really get w/a portable, even for a Sony?
-There's NO WAY Sony is going to implement FLAC in this player, that's a fact. Probably they never will.
-32gb, that's it. I wish it'd hit 64gb, but who am I kidding.

Jan 2, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #74 of 422
Something has me worried, the forthcoming P series and R series notebooks all appeared on the FCC whereas there is no touchscreen walkman.

The 82x series was on the FCC, and with the touchscreen supposedly having wifi and bluetooth, it has to go thorugh the fcc.

Therefore this could mean that the touchscreen walkman that arrives at ces could only be a protoype? and an actual production model would go on sale in the fall? My hope is that I am wrong on this point.

Nylund, that ces website hasn't been updated in almost 2 weeks, and it is missing the new P series ans camcorders.

Jan 2, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #75 of 422
Does sony work fast?

Let's hope they give us a release date and all the specs at CES.. hope. If not.. I feel I will get the P3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back