Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Mar 14, 2021 at 4:22 AM Post #4,201 of 8,217
Quick question for anyone to answer regarding the regions. For anyone that doesn't mind.
I use an NW-A55 for my daily MP3, and I see a lot of talk about changing regions gets more power output or better sound quality? Is this true?

-How do I check my region, and what's the difference from region to region. Are they significantly noticeable when changed?

If so, is there a guide for me to go off of in order to change it?
If your unit is from EU it has a volume cap on it so changing to most other regions will allow it to go louder. You check and change region with the RockBox nwdest tool.

Mar 14, 2021 at 7:07 AM Post #4,202 of 8,217
Sadly, I have to sell my WM1A, so there will be no further development on this side. I'm not selling it to get another player, I just need to sell it due to real life.

For the moment I'll keep my A50/A40, but any future mods for these may take some time to arrive.

Mar 14, 2021 at 7:47 AM Post #4,203 of 8,217
Sadly, I have to sell my WM1A, so there will be no further development on this side. I'm not selling it to get another player, I just need to sell it due to real life.

For the moment I'll keep my A50/A40, but any future mods for these may take some time to arrive.
Oh boy. Guess priorities are always the most difficult decision one has to make. Anyway wish you all the best and hit me up for anything as usual mate. Hope things work out well for you.

Mar 14, 2021 at 7:53 AM Post #4,204 of 8,217

Omg, so sad to hear that. What happened? If you want to share, of course. Wish you all the best, stay strong! Please let us know if we can support in any way :).

Mar 14, 2021 at 8:05 AM Post #4,205 of 8,217

you owe us nothing, we owe you many thanks

Mar 14, 2021 at 8:27 AM Post #4,207 of 8,217
Omg, so sad to hear that. What happened? If you want to share, of course. Wish you all the best, stay strong! Please let us know if we can support in any way :).

Just financial issues. I was also thinking of letting go of the Beyerdynamic DT1770 Pro or of the Sony Z7M2, but that's a harder decision to make.

hello, with what Mrwalkman has done for our community we could all make a donation so that Mrwalkman can keep his sony.

That's really nice of you, but I never wanted donations to work like this. I'm ok with letting go of the 1A, and I'll still have a taste of Sony's sound with the A45/A55.

Mar 14, 2021 at 8:30 AM Post #4,208 of 8,217
I'm very sorry to hear this news, if there is anything we can do for all that you have given us, please let us know.

Mar 14, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #4,209 of 8,217
Just financial issues. I was also thinking of letting go of the Beyerdynamic DT1770 Pro or of the Sony Z7M2, but that's a harder decision to make.

That's really nice of you, but I never wanted donations to work like this. I'm ok with letting go of the 1A, and I'll still have a taste of Sony's sound with the A45/A55.
Wow, maybe not enough work. Wish you the best.

Mar 14, 2021 at 8:37 AM Post #4,210 of 8,217
So sorry to hear that. I've been enjoying your firmware mod very much. I hope I can try just donate a beer to you when I can. You deserve at least that much.

Mar 14, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #4,211 of 8,217
All,

I am sure that it was hard for you all, like it was hard for me, to read that Mr. Walkman needs to sell his WM1A player due to real world issues.
I find it unfair and a situation that should/can be fixed by this forum (sorry @MrWalkman, this time I am ignoring your asks).
I understand he is not looking for charity, but all due respect this is not one.

Please donate to @MrWalkman using his site: https://www.mrwalkman.ml/

Why would you? Just think about all the joy this guy gave us.
I feel we should not let him down so I just sent him a 100USD.

There are a lot of people on this forum that can work together and cover this so @MrWalkman will keep his player.

Thanks,
Ofir

Mar 14, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #4,212 of 8,217
It is one decision i was facing. To get rid of debts. To sell my 1A. Selling both Z1R is a much harder decision.
At the end as a almost blind, decided to let my Sony Alpha NEX go

Mar 14, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #4,213 of 8,217
I am extremely saddened to hear the news that Mr Walkman has to let go of his WM1A. What he has done for this community and our listening experiences cannot be understated. The improvements in sound quality over the stock firmware is simply astonishing and I was frankly skeptical at first.

I feel those of us who have really enjoyed and are able owe it to lend a hand. It's not charity but a show of gratitude for all the hard work and generosity he has bestowed upon us. It doesn't feel right for someone who has engineered all this to be left out and not able to enjoy his own work.

Mar 14, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #4,215 of 8,217
All,

I am sure that it was hard for you all, like it was hard for me, to read that Mr. Walkman needs to sell his WM1A player due to real world issues.
I find it unfair and a situation that should/can be fixed by this forum (sorry @MrWalkman, this time I am ignoring your asks).
I understand he is not looking for charity, but all due respect this is not one.

Please donate to @MrWalkman using his site: https://www.mrwalkman.ml/

Why would you? Just think about all the joy this guy gave us.
I feel we should not let him down so I just sent him a 100USD.

There are a lot of people on this forum that can work together and cover this so @MrWalkman will keep his player.

Thanks,
Ofir

I really appreciate the support! That's quite some money, and I really advise you to keep hold of it in these times... I'll most probably get a job pretty soon, and I'll be really ok with the A45/A55, so it's not really the end of the world for me...

It is one decision i was facing. To get rid of debts. To sell my 1A. Selling both Z1R is a much harder decision.
At the end as a almost blind, decided to let my Sony Alpha NEX go

I had a Sony A6500 which I had to let go several months ago. In any case, I wasn't using it as much since I couldn't go out too much anymore.

I feel those of us who have really enjoyed and are able owe it to lend a hand. It's not charity but a show of gratitude for all the hard work and generosity he has bestowed upon us. It doesn't feel right for someone who has engineered all this to be left out and not able to enjoy his own work.

Well, I would still be able to enjoy this nice sound on the smaller players. This would make me spend a little more time on bringing a stable installation of ZX300-based firmware to these players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back