Sony V6's as workout phones?
Jul 3, 2004 at 3:35 AM Post #16 of 26
First of all, you're just gonna sweat which means your headphones will get sweaty. The pads will soak up all the sweat from your head.

Second of all, the V6 isn't all that hot.

Third of all, if you're really serious about exercise, you won't need music since you're concentrating on working out. You shouldn't need the music as motivation either. Take this from someone who's been weight lifting for 3.5+ years non-stop. I've done everything from 5 day splits to once a week. Now I lift 3 times a week. The idea here is that you need to want to work out, regardless of how bad you don't feel like doing it. Afterwards it becomes routine.

Fourth of all, welcome to headfi.

Finally, if you still want some headphones, there are other smaller options.
biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, good luck on the working out. That's the first major step already taken care of...that you want to do something about your body.

Jul 11, 2004 at 6:28 PM Post #17 of 26
ok. its been about a week 'n a half now, and i still dont know where to look! Earbuds and canalphones dont fit, and foam pads would get soaked. Is there somewhere else i could look?

Jul 11, 2004 at 11:56 PM Post #20 of 26
KSC-35 -- goofy "slide-ons"
KSC-55 -- same drivers as KSC-35 but in an around-the-neck fashion (I"m looking to get a pair of these)
EX70/71 -- recommended Sony earbuds; you'll notice microphonics (rubbing against the cloth, heavy breathing, increased heart rate)

Those are the ones I've had experience with.
I'd recommend the KSC-55's. Marginally acceptable style (for the streets), comfortable style for taking on and off while at the computer, and easy to handle while at the gym (laying on your back to lift may be a problem).

Well... now that I think about it... probably the KSC-35's.
Overall though, you'll find music to be less and less important in your workouts. A convenienice, but minor at best
smily_headphones1.gif

Good luck in your search! Welcome to Head-Fi!
tongue.gif

Jul 12, 2004 at 12:12 AM Post #21 of 26
Koss offers a whole line of products based of the KSC-35 drivers. KSC-55 as previously mentioned is one of them. Others are the porta pro's and the sporta pro's. The sporta pro's are designed to be worn behind the neck like street style headphones or over the top like normal headphones.

Jul 12, 2004 at 9:31 PM Post #23 of 26
Why the $20 difference in price? I might be wrong about them using the same drivers, but I remember reading postings long time ago when people found out that many of the Koss products shared the same driver design. Koss can easily change how each headphone sounds by changing the enclosure design, fit, and impedance.

Jul 17, 2004 at 10:28 PM Post #25 of 26
Circuit City and Best Buy I think might still have them. I know I saw them at Circuit City a little while ago.

There are also many places online you can get them, but you should be able to find them in stores also.

Jul 17, 2004 at 11:14 PM Post #26 of 26
I use a set of EX71's for exercising, mainly because I don't want to ruin my Ety's. The EX71's sound ok and they're cheap, so if they get destroyed from sweat it's not a big deal to replace them.

I would definitely avoid the V6's for exercise use, those things are hot even when just sitting and listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back