Sony V6's as workout phones?
Jul 2, 2004 at 6:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

sagrr

Head-Fier
Hi all.
Lately, I realized that i was fat, and decided to join the gym. Also, I've been pondering my decision of buying sony V6's. So: how would these phones do on the treadmill?

Jul 2, 2004 at 7:20 PM Post #4 of 26
ok. that does it. i'm buying them (i'm quick to convince, eh?
280smile.gif
)

Now, where can i get them *new* for the lowest price?

Jul 2, 2004 at 7:37 PM Post #5 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by sagrr
Lately, I realized that i was fat, and decided to join the gym. Also, I've been pondering my decision of buying sony V6's.

I hope you get into it and get good use out of your gym membership, but, at this point in time, it is obvious that you are unfamiliar with exercise. So, let me tell you this: if you do it right, you're going to sweat. Sweat, I say! I don't care if you live in Minnesota or something or if it is winter or if the gym has cold air conditioning, you're going to sweat if you exercise.

I think circum-aural phones are a bad idea. Take a look at some earbuds or canalphones. That is what you want. Alternatively, something like some cheap, lightweight super-aural headphones could work okay. Today on television, I saw Lance Armstrong wearing portapros while riding a stationary bike. You'd probably have to clean the foam pads occasionally, though.

I wish you the best of luck in your fitness pursuits, and hopefully my recommendation helps you some
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 2, 2004 at 8:01 PM Post #6 of 26
When i work out i like to use earbuds or headphones that wrap around the ear. They stay on quite well and i find them very comfortable. I am not too picky about my headphones then cause when im working out i dont pay as much attention to the music as i do to the workout. Other headphones i think are just uncomfortable and dont stay on so well.

Jul 2, 2004 at 8:15 PM Post #7 of 26
ok, so ill scratch the v6's. However, earbuds dont fit my ear. Never did. I had the e2's, but i returned them because because of the hassle of putting them on and taking them off, and the fact that they didn't fit my ears well. So with these off the list i looked at the v6's. Apparantly, they aren't good for exercising. So where do i go now?

Please keep in mind that i plan to use these for more than just exercising. I will use them at my computer, and walking "tha streets". Also, contrary to some of you here, i care about sound quality at least when im weight training. Lifting is just repetative motions, and in fact, it helps me lift when i keep my mind off the pain.

Jul 2, 2004 at 8:30 PM Post #10 of 26
Quote:

earbuds dont fit my ear. Never did. I had the e2's, but i returned them because because of the hassle of putting them on and taking them off, and the fact that they didn't fit my ears well.

Get something very lightweight that has a headband/neckband. Perhaps portapros would fit the bill. Or maybe some other headphones similar to that that are like earbuds, but are connected by a headband that will keep them on your head and in your ears.

Jul 2, 2004 at 8:31 PM Post #11 of 26
Quote:

the e3's are completely over my budget. Sorry for not mentioning this before, but im look for headphones from $20 - $90.

Actually, if you found the e2's to be bothersome or a hassle, the e3's, or any other canalphones would probably be the same.

Jul 2, 2004 at 9:38 PM Post #14 of 26
Due to the cheap pleather ear pads, I would say look elsewhere for workout cans. Something with fabric would last a lot longer, and won't leave little flecks of pleather all over your face after a few months of use.

Jul 3, 2004 at 3:21 AM Post #15 of 26
Good idea to scratch the v6's for working out. It's a shame that the e2's don't work for you - I use them for lifting and running and they work well.

I understand you need good sound when lifting, but there is a limit to how good the sound can get in the gym. IMO your upper price range is about the point of this cut-off. So, its not really a matter of some of us not caring about sound quality while weight training (ok, maybe I'm just speaking for myself here), its a matter of most of us knowing that you can only get so much of that quality in the gym - then you can go home to listen in a better enviornment, with better equipment.

If canalphones don't work for you, such as the shures, why not try some earbuds. Some isolate damn good - sony ex71s is the only earbud I really had experience with, but they withstood some serious exercising abuse (sweat, thrown around, tugged). They are 40 bucks, and they don't stick far into your ear like the canalphone you tried. Their sound is good for the gym - lets just stick to that
biggrin.gif

What portable player are you planning to use at the gym? Depending on what player your using, I would buy good isolating earbuds for exercising and buy some regular headphones for computer/home use. There are many headphones around 50 bucks good for walking around and computer use. And add in the cost of some isolating earbuds and that is about the highest your wiling to spend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back