Sony V-6
Nov 27, 2002 at 7:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Kieran Comito

500+ Head-Fier
I was in an audio store and picked up the Sony V-6. I do not know why I got it, I already have the Grado SR60, Grado SR225 and the HD 600. The V-6s are still not opened and I am thinking about taking them back. Someone convince me I should keep them and why. I listen to mainly rock music.

Nov 27, 2002 at 7:34 PM Post #3 of 9
Why not open it up and give it a listen? Unless of course opening the package voids the store's return policy. And remember to give them a fair burn-in period.

Do a search for the MDR-V6 and you'll find lots of information on why people like them. If you plan on doing any sort of mixing or mastering that requires a fairly neutral response, the V6's might fill a certain niche in your headphone lineup.

Nov 27, 2002 at 8:17 PM Post #5 of 9
The problems of one headphone collector don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. The V6s are a classic headphone, with startling bass extension and a sound neither duplicated nor emulated by any other headphone. One belongs in every headphone collection. If you get rid of them you'll regret it, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life.
biggrin.gif

P.S. And you might just find true love.

Quote:

Originally posted by Kieran Comito
I was in an audio store and picked up the Sony V-6. Someone convince me I should keep them and why. I listen to mainly rock music.

Nov 27, 2002 at 9:09 PM Post #6 of 9
Okay, Okay. I will keep them. Thanks for the input guys. I will start burning them when I get home from work today. At least they will be a good phone to take on airplanes because they are a closed phone, right?

Nov 27, 2002 at 9:24 PM Post #8 of 9
Beyer Pads? Wait a minute. I first got on this site a year ago. I have spent way to much money. Now I have to throw in a few more cents and get the right pads? This game never ends I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back