sony streetstyle
Nov 4, 2004 at 11:17 PM Post #2 of 21
Never heard them, but "streetstyle" is a profanity around here. I doubt there'll be much positive feedback concerning them.

Nov 4, 2004 at 11:19 PM Post #3 of 21
They're along the lines of monkey arse. I'd still give the latter a higher righting when it comes to sound. And maybe comfort.

Nov 4, 2004 at 11:24 PM Post #4 of 21
I never kept them on long enough to listen to them. They were very uncomfortable (at least to me). But I've heard mostly bad reviews of them here.
rolleyes.gif

Nov 4, 2004 at 11:26 PM Post #5 of 21
I found the Sony Streetstyles to be rather comfortable, but they sounded very muddy.

Nov 4, 2004 at 11:29 PM Post #6 of 21
If you want streetstyle get the koss KSC55, they use the same drivers as the KSC75 and KSC50 wich IMO sound just as good as the 35s.

I would sugest the KSC75 because i think they are more portable but if you want the band behind the head then the KSC55 would be the best. The 75 and 55 use the titanium (chrome looking) drivers.

Nov 5, 2004 at 4:44 AM Post #10 of 21
I bought a pair of Sony Streetstyles shortly before I joined Head-Fi and found out by other memebers that better could be had for about the same price. I'd agree that the bass from the Streetstyles do sound a bit bloated.

Nov 5, 2004 at 4:56 AM Post #11 of 21
Why street style? Then you can't lay on your back, or use a headrest... the over the top design is far better. If you dont want to mess up your hair, you can get canal phones (if you like them) ear buds (if you like those) or clipons.

Nov 5, 2004 at 5:01 AM Post #12 of 21
I like the clipons or the grado streetstyles (the ones i made) because you can wear a hat. I wear a baseball cap alot and sometimes the band will sit right on the button of the cap.

I find the street style is good because you get the same clamp as you do with the band over the top but you can still keep your hat on. No cooked head with a funny stripe across the top...
tongue.gif

Nov 5, 2004 at 5:43 AM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beach123456
You know, the ones that go behind the back of your head. Any idea what these sound like?

If you want behind the neck phones, try koss sportapros.

Nov 5, 2004 at 6:25 AM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
If you want behind the neck phones, try koss sportapros.

Yeah! i forgot these flip down. They can be streetstyle or band at the top with a swivel of the band. Good thinkin Kirosia!
tongue.gif

Nov 5, 2004 at 12:31 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by 450
PMX 60's arent anything spectacular. They are said to have more in common with the PX30/40 than the PX100.

No streetstyles are going to be anything spectacular, I suggested them merely 'cause they've got to be better than the Sony ones.
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back