Sony SCD-CE775 discontinued?
Oct 31, 2002 at 3:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

The Quality Guru

Blah! he says.
As quoted from www.SACDMods.com

"The SCD-CE775 has officially been discontinued. The future players look increasingly cheaper (construction wise), so you might as well get one of the best while you still can!"

Obviously this has a bit of advertizing rhetoric and such incorporated into the statement, but nonetheless it may be true that this player has been discontinued. Can anyone officially confirm this? Tuberoller?

Oct 31, 2002 at 4:15 AM Post #2 of 5
Yes, it was discontinued quite a while ago, actually. Very hard to find at a reasonable price now. Musician's Friend had them last time I checked for about $170, though. That's where I and quite a few other Head-Fiers got ours.

kerely

Nov 2, 2002 at 2:25 PM Post #4 of 5
Picked up a demo unit for $139 at Circuit City. I saw them new in boxes at Best Buy (Frederick, MD) for $199. Had to buy a remote for the CC unit because the goody bag was lost. Remote and manual cost around $47 from Sony accessories site.

Chip Gallo

Nov 2, 2002 at 6:07 PM Post #5 of 5
I also bought one of mine (I have two) last month from Musician's Friend.

I'm curious about what current owners of the 775 think of redbook playback? I think it's good, but I've seen so many opinions that said it was good and others that said it was awful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back