Sony SBH50 or SBH20 users here?
Feb 2, 2015 at 1:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

vegetaleb

100+ Head-Fier
Hello!
I want to know if there are Sony SBH50 or SBH20 users here?
How's sound quality with a good pair of IEM like HIFIMAN 272?
Did you take the white or black version?
And should I buy SBH50 for jogging or better get the smaller SBH20?

Feb 9, 2015 at 4:18 AM Post #2 of 4
I have the SBH52 which is very similar to the items mentioned. I have to say that it's a bit of a disappointment. The sound quality is OK - although nothing to write home about but the range is appalling. I think this type of device would only really be suitable for very casual listening.

Volume levels are reasonable but there's a fair amount of clicks and pops (at least there is on my Galaxy Note 2). As am alternative phone handset callers have reported to me that my voice doesn't come across as very clear although they do sound OK through the earpiece.

It's a great idea that is let down somewhat by its execution. I personally cannot recommend the SBH52 to anyone who's primary concern is going to be sound quality.

I hope this helps

Feb 9, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #3 of 4
I have the SBH52 which is very similar to the items mentioned. I have to say that it's a bit of a disappointment. The sound quality is OK - although nothing to write home about but the range is appalling. I think this type of device would only really be suitable for very casual listening.

Volume levels are reasonable but there's a fair amount of clicks and pops (at least there is on my Galaxy Note 2). As am alternative phone handset callers have reported to me that my voice doesn't come across as very clear although they do sound OK through the earpiece.

It's a great idea that is let down somewhat by its execution. I personally cannot recommend the SBH52 to anyone who's primary concern is going to be sound quality.

I hope this helps

I will mainly use it for jogging as using wired earphones from head to shorts pocket when running is becoming a problem for me,specially that my earphones have a long cable.
I know the sound quality will not be as perfect as with a 250$ wired earphones, but I just want a minimum sound quality.
Will the included earphones be better than the basic Sony EX10 (which I hated)?
BT connection is not a problem with the HTC phones for music, I am using the HTC Stereoclip (BT to AUX) in my car for 3 years and never experienced clicks and pops,and it's a BT 2.1 not 3.0 like the SBH50 that should be better with audio streaming, so perhaps it's your samsung's music player which is not great.
I am crossing fingers that the Hifiman RE-272 TRRS balanced plug will work directly with it, if yes then the cable length with this plug will be perfect to use with the Sony BT. Plugged on the phone's 3.5mm it will give sound on one earphone, but plugged to the HTC Stereoclip the sound is stereo :/

Jan 1, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #4 of 4
It's been a while, but lately I've been using S6 internal DAC (through Poweramp Alpha) plus SBH50 and wanted to say that I'm quite satisfied with result. No strange clicks nor pops. Frequencies extend (more clear in the highs) and sound is very decent, better defined and somewhat more brilliant (listening to 16/24bit flac files). I've gained (only) a bit of volume too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back