sony s638 vs sansa fuze
Nov 17, 2008 at 7:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Art13

New Head-Fier
which of these two would be better for mostly rock/metal? been reading forums for quite a lot, but still can't decide. sony is overall good but sansa has advantages(memory slot, much cheaper) and disadvantages(no folder browsing) and the folder browsing is what i 100% need, but cheaper price and memory slot is tempting too, so i can't decide on which player. maybe i should wait and look if sansa would include folder browsing?

Nov 18, 2008 at 1:49 PM Post #3 of 10
I have the fuze/clip and enjoy listening to metallica, SOD, but mostly 80's pop metal. Very nice bass, clear mids and extended treble. Stereo and soundstage is great. Because there is no bass rolloff like on many other players (a good thing), the bass can sound overpowering at times. I don't necessary like a completely flat frequency response, which is what you get the with the fuze/clip, so I am getting a Sony S639 as well, which reportedly has more treble energy. The fuze is one of the best players I have listened and I have owned Ipods, Rio Karma, Cowon, etc. You can't go wrong with the fuze.

Nov 19, 2008 at 5:17 PM Post #5 of 10
If you can wait until start of next week I'll have recieved and had enough serious listening time with both these units to leave impressions of them both, individually and how they fare against one another as I'm ordering both these models off advancedmp3players.com.

Nov 19, 2008 at 8:44 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Art13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i can wait :] just wanted to get a conclusion and a few days wouldn't kill me :]

Cool. I feel like a dam kid awaiting these DAPs
tongue.gif
I'll leave my input then, then, and hope that helps you with your descision!

Nov 27, 2008 at 12:50 AM Post #9 of 10
Although folder browsing isn't bad, I would suggest using a program to ID tag your music collection.

mp3tag is an excellent program that someone else on these forums recommended to me and now I use it for everything.

I do believe though that you would be happy with either mp3 player. I love my Sony S616 but to me the un-EQed Fuze sounds much better (even when the S616 is EQed). Maybe the newer Sony's are much better but I wont consider buying a new mp3 player till it has 32gig onboard with no expansion slot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back