Sony Qualia 010 on EIFL
May 13, 2004 at 4:37 AM Post #2 of 21
ouch....

May 13, 2004 at 3:18 PM Post #6 of 21
hmm... that's cheaper than the US intro price. I would really need to hear it though. It's too large of an investment.

May 13, 2004 at 3:31 PM Post #7 of 21
They do not specify delivery time? But guessing sbuilt to order with the standard wait, but might be as long as til July the advertised launch.

Best price I have seen so far. Other Japanese sites list MRSP.

I have found that EIFLs prices are a little above local street prices, so will wait and see.

BUt I am curious. At least the price is high enough to make me come to my senses. I do not wish to be the first test mouse. While buying the R10s blind at least knew the market and user feedback.

May 13, 2004 at 3:35 PM Post #8 of 21
This has actually been on eifls site for a while now, I'm surprised people just noticed it. Some one should find out if any one has ordered already
smily_headphones1.gif

May 15, 2004 at 6:34 AM Post #9 of 21
actually, i think that they are one of the best looking headphones out there.

imo almost any other headphone would look out of place in the homes of the rich, urbane, sophisticated-looking (BUT not neccessarily knowledgable
wink.gif
cool.gif
) yuppie-types that sony is targeting with it's qualia range.

May 15, 2004 at 6:42 AM Post #10 of 21
It's cool to see EIFL posting their prices now. Normally you have to email them and ask for a price, but I like this way better.

Who's gonna be the first one to drop the $2250 on a pair? Anyone?

May 16, 2004 at 12:19 AM Post #11 of 21
If they would offer at least a 30 days returning policy or the like, maybe someone could bite, but blind like that....I doubt....let's wait who will be the first in getting these, we need an Indian pig now.....

May 16, 2004 at 12:23 AM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
...we need an Indian pig now.....

is that like a guinea pig?
confused.gif

May 16, 2004 at 12:27 AM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by usc goose
is that like a guinea pig?
confused.gif

Is more or less the Spanish version of the guinea pig, with a big mustache and a pair of Texan riding boots....

May 16, 2004 at 1:46 AM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by adhoc
actually, i think that they are one of the best looking headphones out there.

imo almost any other headphone would look out of place in the homes of the rich, urbane, sophisticated-looking yuppie-types homes that sony is targeting with it's qualia range.

That would look SO out of place in my dump, I mean home. Nevertheless there is a kind of 'buy me' quality about it. All that research is interesting but as I said, the whole Qualia thing seemed about appealing purely to the aspirational who couldn't judge the performance of the gear if their lives depended on it.

I'm happy to be proved wrong though, and an open phone might be easier to get right...

May 16, 2004 at 1:58 AM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
That would look SO out of place in my dump, I mean home. Nevertheless there is a kind of 'buy me' quality about it. All that research is interesting but as I said, the whole Qualia thing seemed about appealing purely to the aspirational who couldn't judge the performance of the gear if their lives depended on it.

I'm happy to be proved wrong though, and an open phone might be easier to get right...

you made a good point there - my original post judt got edited.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back