Sony phones journey and it demise
Apr 2, 2016 at 3:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Whitigir

Member of the Trade: Portable Modder
So since the Xperia Z and Z2, I adopted the phones from Sony, and so did my wife and in laws. But then since the Z2, everything had gone to the trash bin in every releases. Yeah Z3 was decent, but also a failure in the part of getting a correct headphone amps inside the phone.

Now, according to this article, Sony may just close down it Phones division, which I totally support the idea, I mean if you can not fire the executives guys who kept on being ignorant and not listening to the customers, which lead the company down this road ? Sure....may as well close it down

http://recode.net/2016/04/01/sony-shakeup-ceo-relocation-job-cuts/

The one thing I still can not understand =. Why did Sony make a 4K screen on a 5.4" display size ? But 0, nothing, Nada, toward Hi-fidelity Audio ? Why not ? I mean even if it is a Niche section, but then what is the ideas of that ridiculous 4K display for ? I guess executing the companies production lines this way is bringing Sony down.

Once again Sony, you have all the engineers and technologies to make it happen , but refused to. It is very sad, but yeah, better close your smartphone division down once and for all.

Apr 2, 2016 at 3:18 AM Post #2 of 5
Yea, I'm also baffled to the route they've taken with their Xperia line. So much potential and they've fallen flat. They needed to concentrate on things users wanted but instead they've concentrated on gimmicks and have met their demise. Live and learn and concentrate on what matters Sony!!!!!

Apr 2, 2016 at 3:46 AM Post #3 of 5
Unfortunate, I quite like their designs. Was hoping they'd revisit the Xperia Go soon with some more current specs- great small, waterproof & no nonsense phone. Was reading a couple Z5 compact reviews recently and they were pretty positive.

So they never did a phone with S-Master chip? Seems like such an obvious move given the DAP/Smartphone convergance past two years. I remember thye had a Walkman phone maybe 5 years ago, around same time as the Go.

Apr 2, 2016 at 4:09 AM Post #4 of 5
Now if only they would release their Walkman app on the Google Play store so it could be used in other phones. The V10 from LG has a serviceable music player but nothing like the one from Z3. Yes I know there are other good players out there, but I was fond of the "Walkman" app.

Apr 2, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #5 of 5
It has a pretty good equalizer too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back