Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp
Apr 20, 2018 at 5:42 PM Post #1,716 of 1,922
Hi guys, how can I go from my NW-WM1Z to my tube amp for home use? I want to use the 1Z remote for convenience.

Headphones out toward your amplifier inputs. Whatever you have on the amplifier, buy cables accordingly.

For example, dual XLR input, then use 4.4mm into dual xlr3 . Or if it is rca Inputs, order 3.5mm into rca plugs for your amplifier.

This thread is about pha-3 though

Have fun

Apr 25, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #1,718 of 1,922
Thinking about moving on....
I love my PHA-3. I love the sound (especially balanced). But I find myself wanting an all in one solution. With the availability of many new DAPs (Cayin, iBasso 200, Fiio, Opus), has anyone done any comparisons? How far up the food chain do I need to climb to duplicate the sound of my PHA-3?

2.5 balanced is important to me but not a deal breaker.

Thanks

Apr 28, 2018 at 9:13 AM Post #1,719 of 1,922
Thinking about moving on....
I love my PHA-3. I love the sound (especially balanced). But I find myself wanting an all in one solution. With the availability of many new DAPs (Cayin, iBasso 200, Fiio, Opus), has anyone done any comparisons? How far up the food chain do I need to climb to duplicate the sound of my PHA-3?

2.5 balanced is important to me but not a deal breaker.

Thanks
Why not future proof your audio by going 4.4mm, IBasso and Fiio are already have 4.4mm modular and big brand like Sennheiser are on board

Aug 5, 2018 at 10:21 PM Post #1,724 of 1,922
I think I am feeling in love with the PHA-3 over again. It sounds so nice in balanced mode and work quite well with the HD800. Definitely prefer the 3 over the 2A in a direct comparison. The 2A is more neutral but is less resolving with drier tonal balance. The 3's sense of staging and size are also better. Love the 3 playing DSD files.

Aug 5, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #1,725 of 1,922
I think I am feeling in love with the PHA-3 over again. It sounds so nice in balanced mode and work quite well with the HD800. Definitely prefer the 3 over the 2A in a direct comparison. The 2A is more neutral but is less resolving with drier tonal balance. The 3's sense of staging and size are also better. Love the 3 playing DSD files.
Ess Sabres are usually pretty good at DSD eh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back