Sony PHA-1 portable DAC/amp
Oct 28, 2012 at 5:19 AM Post #121 of 626
I tried it today at the Tokyo headphone show.

I liked it.
Nice small form, light. Fits well in ones hand.

Clean sound, gets a bit harsh with too much volume.

A good little unit.

*Prefer my Fostex hp_p1.

*Tested with ATH-ESW9.

Oct 28, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #122 of 626
Quote:
Excuse my poor eyesight, but do they include a lightning cable?

(the fourth one down?)

The four cables included, from top to bottom, are Walkman cable, iPod connector cable, stereo mini cable and lastly micro USB cable. So nope, no Lightning cable at all.

Oct 28, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #125 of 626
I spoke with sony rep, right now there is no plan for US or AUS release. They dont even release their walkman globally.

...and thus the reason why Sony is failing globally over the year. Someone please wake up those Japanese management :rolleyes:

Oct 28, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #127 of 626
Quote:
...and thus the reason why Sony is failing globally over the year. Someone please wake up those Japanese management
rolleyes.gif

She kept insisting me that why the z-series walkman is "good enough". So annoying, I honestly cannot justify another costly import from Japan. Sadly my walkman days are over for now. 

Oct 29, 2012 at 7:11 AM Post #128 of 626
Quote:
...and thus the reason why Sony is failing globally over the year. Someone please wake up those Japanese management
rolleyes.gif

Sorry to tell you, I tried, I have written letters, emails..etc...they are in comma.

Oct 29, 2012 at 7:37 AM Post #129 of 626
even though it is out of context i like to say something about Logitech rep. I had a chat with the logitech folks about the huge price difference for their UE900 compared to US market. Initially they gave me all this reason why there is such a huge price difference which did not make any sense(I did the maths and i still could not find how they came up with that huge price difference). So after that chat with them I just checked their UE900 Australian price and I am happy to say that they reduced to 499, compared to 799 they intially had it for. Still not as cheap as the 399 where the US apple store is selling but still we have to give them credit for at least giving a crap to what someone said to them. 

Oct 29, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #131 of 626
Quote:
We were told by Sony that the PHA-1 would be sold in Sony's professional channel. So in the US, that would be retailers like B&H Photo, etc.

Awesome!  Thank you.

Nov 1, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #132 of 626
I tried it today at the Tokyo headphone show.

I liked it.
Nice small form, light. Fits well in ones hand.

Clean sound, gets a bit harsh with too much volume.

A good little unit.

*Prefer my Fostex hp_p1.

*Tested with ATH-ESW9.

How is about the power comparison between Fostex Hp P1 vs Sony PHA 1?

I have already Fostex Hp P 1 , I want to buy Sony Hp P 1

Please advise

Thank you

Nov 1, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #134 of 626
Quote:
Sony is 175mW/channel.
Fostex is 80mW/channel.

Is that what you mean?

I'm not sure what Rudi was asking......

Does this mean that the Sony is more than twice as powerful in terms of driving speakers? If we'd turn the Fostex, say to 6:00 o'clock to reach a certain volume then the Sony could get same loudness at 3:00?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back