Sony PHA-1 portable DAC/amp
Oct 20, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #111 of 626
Quote:
It really is a very very nice machine, as polished in build and sound as anyone can make. The small quibbles on the USB connector (bet you it will break on a number of units) and the somewhat high Ω impedance are dismissible for such an overall complete package. 

This and the Pan Am are my two favourite DACs of this year. Incredible how the portable audio world is heating up.

So would you say its better than the HP-P1?

Great job on the review BTW.

Oct 20, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #112 of 626
The most important question  is, will the  PHA-1 work with the current Android powered Walkman Z or F series  as a USB dac/amp ????  Sony supplies a wmp-lod with it.

Did any one try this, or can .

Oct 20, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #113 of 626
Quote:
The most important question  is, will the  PHA-1 work with the current Android powered Walkman Z or F series  as a USB dac/amp ????  Sony supplies a wmp-lod with it.

Did any one try this, or can .

+1

Oct 22, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #115 of 626
The PHA-1 will not bypass the walkman, very strange but yea! They think the sound of their own walkman is still good enough (which i agree). This is purely for idevices. You will be lucky to see this product sell in US or Europe. 

Believe it or not apples sells alot more in Japan than walkman, this is Sonys attempt to make some profit indirectly from apple products. I believe the PHA-1 will have a price drop, this is the only way they can encourage people in Japan to buy it. 

Oct 22, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #117 of 626
Can you do a new headfi TV eposide on episode and cover the pha-1 and UE 900? Headfi TV is a great project, hope it comes back alive. 

Oct 26, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #120 of 626
Quote:
I posted photos of the Sony PHA-1 in the galleries, including photos of the PHA-1 with the popular Fostex HP-P1, for a size comparison.

You can click on the photo below to see the PHA-1 gallery:

Quote:
I posted photos of the Sony PHA-1 in the galleries, including photos of the PHA-1 with the popular Fostex HP-P1, for a size comparison.

You can click on the photo below to see the PHA-1 gallery:

Can you A/B the two please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back