Sony PCDP DNE006 - line out
Mar 26, 2006 at 2:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Sparky191

Headphoneus Supremus
http://www.sony.lv/view/ShowProduct....PAW+CD+Walkman

Saw one of these for sale. DNE006. Thought some here might be interested. LCD display on unit, MP3 playback, remote. Of interest was a headphone/remote socket and a seperate line out socket. Cost was €79. If this is old news for you, sorry.

PS I know the tech specs in the link don't list a line out. But the one I saw in Spain did. It was on the right hand side of the player.

Mar 26, 2006 at 3:09 AM Post #2 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky191
http://www.sony.lv/view/ShowProduct....PAW+CD+Walkman

Saw one of these for sale. DNE006. Thought some here might be interested. LCD display on unit, MP3 playback, remote. Of interest was a headphone/remote socket and a seperate line out socket. Cost was €79. If this is old news for you, sorry.

PS I know the tech specs in the link don't list a line out. But the one I saw in Spain did. It was on the right hand side of the player.

The D-NE005 that I had (US model) in late December to early January had no loneout or remote and the LCD display is bad - no alphabetical/dot-matrix screen. So you can't see any file names. You had to get really ripped off if you paid 79 EUR (around 100 USD?) for that piece of junk. I paid ~43 USD (30 EUR?) for my D-NE005 and feel that the unit shouldn't cost any more than 20--25 USD (15--20 EUR?). If you recently bought it, take it back and get something better. Even the D-NE3XX series is better than that D-NE00X junk.

Mar 26, 2006 at 3:14 AM Post #3 of 15
Quote:

....Saw one of these for sale. DNE006. ....

I didn't buy it. I have no interest in PCDP's myself. Unless its better SQ than a shuffle, or HiMD I don't see the point. Or rather unless I think I'll enjoy it more than my shuffle or HiMD. With a line out I thought it might be a good transport, for those so inclined towards PCDP's.

Mar 26, 2006 at 3:20 AM Post #4 of 15
I've seen the D-NE006 in person and did not see a line-out.
frown.gif

Were you... looking at the DC-in jack?
tongue.gif

Regards,
Venio

Mar 26, 2006 at 10:05 AM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Veniogenesis
I've seen the D-NE006 in person and did not see a line-out.
frown.gif

Were you... looking at the DC-in jack?
tongue.gif

Regards,
Venio

No, I was specifically looking for a lineout. Though it was beside the DC jack. Maybe I'm wrong but I sure it was a line out. I read the text on the port.

Mar 26, 2006 at 10:31 AM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFC_SL
Might have meant remote?

The tech specs don't mention line out anyways

I already said that about the specs. The remote was on the left the line out and DC were on the right. I would not be surprised if theres a few different versions of this for different regions. US/Europe/UK/Asia etc.

Mar 26, 2006 at 3:30 PM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

I already said that about the specs. The remote was on the left the line out and DC were on the right. I would not be surprised if theres a few different versions of this for different regions. US/Europe/UK/Asia etc.

Well, some Panasonic models have optical-out in their Asian versions.

Mar 26, 2006 at 5:35 PM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by adam917
Well, some Panasonic models have optical-out in their Asian versions.

My uk model panasonic has space for one, but doesn't have the port. The asian one does
mad.gif

Mar 26, 2006 at 11:39 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

My uk model panasonic has space for one, but doesn't have the port. The asian one does
mad.gif

That sucks. Same here. I wouldn't buy Panasonic anyway - no search through the MP3 file.

Mar 26, 2006 at 11:50 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

That sucks. Same here. I wouldn't buy Panasonic anyway - no search through the MP3 file.

Doesn't sound that good anyway. An iPod Shuffle is better in almost every way.

Mar 27, 2006 at 5:23 AM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Doesn't sound that good anyway. An iPod Shuffle is better in almost every way.

Wow. I guess that says how much they suck. What you think the next high-end Sony models (probably D-NE30/930 ('830 and '730 are available in Asia already)) will be like, considering that their 2006 low-end (D-NE330 & D-NF430) stuff out already has 15 mW/channel?

Mar 27, 2006 at 6:52 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Veniogenesis
Hmm, well, the thing is that the iPod Shuffle is the best sounding player out of all the iPods out there according to most people.

...Out of all of the _iPods_, but what about the rest of the DAPs? Wouldn't a good number of them trump any iPods?

Mar 27, 2006 at 9:21 AM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

...Out of all of the _iPods_, but what about the rest of the DAPs? Wouldn't a good number of them trump any iPods?

My own opinion is that the best of the rest are only on a par with an iPod 5G. Not "trump" them. I haven't heard them "all", or that Kenwood that people keep mentioning. Obviously some might like the signature sound of a Sony over a Creative or an iPod and vice a versa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back