Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Dec 23, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #6,601 of 7,711

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful - you may be better off embedding art into your music on your computer (using Media Go or similar as you said) and just re-transferring across, since I found many of the apps I used on my ZX1 did take quite some time to process.

Yes. I use Media Go, and actually it is not as bad as it seems when you learn your way around. If I don't like the album art / tags that media go finds; I go to Windows MP (yes, with a plugin it supports all kinds of formats including flac) and see if WMP can do a better job.) If all fails, a quick google search for album art and copy / pasting it to the files using WMP or Media Go is quite easy.

Dec 25, 2014 at 3:58 AM Post #6,603 of 7,711
Hope no one minds me posting this hear but for Australian sony walkman fans their flagship is on sale for $559.20

http://www.sony.com.au/product/nwz-zx1

I dont mind. Wonder if that means a new one is about to hit! Thanks for the headsup

Dec 25, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #6,604 of 7,711
Hope no one minds me posting this hear but for Australian sony walkman fans their flagship is on sale for $559.20

http://www.sony.com.au/product/nwz-zx1

Man, I wish I had known about this earlier...
  Thank you, well I'm already using Tag&Rename, see http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm. But this doesn't help, it supports ID3v1, ID3v2.2, ID3v2.3 and ID3v2.4 tags too and is much easier to handle for me, but this also doesn't solve my problem. You guys are not having problems with album art at the ZX1?

The ZX1 allows you to add cover arts to your tracks without the need to download any additional apps. This is all done with a few clicks: Settings (at the top right hand corner of your screen while listening to a song) - Add/Delete cover art - Choose cover art (from your gallery)

This is a nice feature of the ZX1.

Dec 30, 2014 at 5:05 AM Post #6,609 of 7,711
Does Z1 sound better than A17?  What's holding me back from getting Z1 is the background hiss reported by reviewers when using IEMs. 

The hiss is not as bad as you might think, its a very very soft sounding and very very low volume hiss. There is no way you can hear the hiss with music playing even on the lowest volume, the hiss is very soft ands its as pleasant as a hiss could possibly be, its not a high pitch "sssss" type of hiss, its a soft "hhhhhh" sound which most people won't even notice at all!

And the ZX1 has better sound quality than the A17, it is using bigger capacitors for more power output, and makes for more dynamic sound no matter what iem/hp your driving. Better bass is the most noticeable aspect. Its not a huge difference though, but enough for an audiophile of coarse :D

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #6,610 of 7,711
The hiss is not as bad as you might think, its a very very soft sounding and very very low volume hiss. There is no way you can hear the hiss with music playing even on the lowest volume, the hiss is very soft ands its as pleasant as a hiss could possibly be, its not a high pitch "sssss" type of hiss, its a soft "hhhhhh" sound which most people won't even notice at all!

And the ZX1 has better sound quality than the A17, it is using bigger capacitors for more power output, and makes for more dynamic sound no matter what iem/hp your driving. Better bass is the most noticeable aspect. Its not a huge difference though, but enough for an audiophile of coarse
biggrin.gif

Thank you for your input.  CES is next week, if there's no new flagship Walkman I'll get the ZX1.

Dec 30, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #6,611 of 7,711

And the ZX1 has better sound quality than the A17, it is using bigger capacitors for more power output, and makes for more dynamic sound no matter what iem/hp your driving. Better bass is the most noticeable aspect. Its not a huge difference though, but enough for an audiophile of coarse
biggrin.gif

+1

Dec 31, 2014 at 8:06 AM Post #6,615 of 7,711
Anyone still using their ZX1 with the sound enhancements app disabled? Its still my favorite way to listen to the ZX1 as its the pure unaltered sound of the S Master chip.

For me it depends what genre I'm listening to, I use it very little overall when I use my ZX1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back