Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Apr 29, 2014 at 7:24 AM Post #5,056 of 7,711

Then again, you thought the Hammers could play football, so not so weird! 
biggrin.gif

true and I do remiss the past times... your mob wearing pampas-nappies again this Sat?   

Apr 29, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #5,059 of 7,711
Can somebody try out if the walkman works without problems when you switch to shuff2and repeat. After this you should only listen to a song for a few seconds and then skip to the next track, listen, skip, liste, skip and so on. Does this work without problems? When I do this on my Xperia Z Ultra with its walkman app it crashes the whole phone and the device restarts. As the Zx1 is based on android, too I would like to know if it has the same awfully and crazy bad behaviour, too.

Apr 29, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #5,060 of 7,711
Can somebody try out if the walkman works without problems when you switch to shuff2and repeat. After this you should only listen to a song for a few seconds and then skip to the next track, listen, skip, liste, skip and so on. Does this work without problems? When I do this on my Xperia Z Ultra with its walkman app it crashes the whole phone and the device restarts. As the Zx1 is based on android, too I would like to know if it has the same awfully and crazy bad behaviour, too.

I almost always in Shuffle mode and repeat. No problem at all.

Apr 29, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #5,061 of 7,711
I'm hoping someone knows as I've already read through this thread, in its entirety, and rather not again. I saw some decent cases, not that leather one with the corners exposed, but there was one that had a lanyard. Can anyone help me with this, please? TIA.

My unit should be here Thursday, I have the Fiio adapter and a TPU case, I'm dying to get this in my hands.

I have all of my music in iTunes, 256k, I'm thinking of upgrading it to some sort of lossless. I'm going to do a few tracks, see if my ears hear a difference. I definitely did after using iMatch, but I had some low quality music in there.

Apr 29, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #5,062 of 7,711
  Turning off the sound enhancements helped me realize that the good soundstage placement (at least with the 846) was due to the enhancements.

You are finding instrument placement within the soundstage worsened by disabling the sound enhancements? 

Apr 29, 2014 at 6:24 PM Post #5,063 of 7,711

You are finding instrument placement within the soundstage worsened by disabling the sound enhancements? 

I'd say with the enhancements on (particularly ClearAudio+), the left and right panned sound is approximately 2 inches up and 3 inches out from the tops of my ears with good definition (using the 846). Without the enhancements, the right and left sound is more linear (wider perhaps, but at ear level). It seemed more distinctive with the enhancements on, but the mid-vocals are more distinctive without (and high spikes are edgy and potentially fatiguing).

Apr 29, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #5,064 of 7,711
  Just give the output power bump / sound enhancement disable trick a try. I'm sure you won't find it lacking for power then.

Done that already. The ER-4S are still on the limit of it's power range.
Just got some RE-272s though, they need much less power so we'll see.

What are people using for library management, is there anything that let's you edit properties of files on the ZX1? Any good mac apps that will work with it?

Apr 29, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #5,065 of 7,711

I'd say with the enhancements on (particularly ClearAudio+), the left and right panned sound is approximately 2 inches up and 3 inches out from the tops of my ears with good definition (using the 846). Without the enhancements, the right and left sound is more linear (wider perhaps, but at ear level). It seemed more distinctive with the enhancements on, but the mid-vocals are more distinctive without (and high spikes are edgy and potentially fatiguing).

Ah, I see... I didn't really like Clearaudio+, so the only enhancements I used were DSEE and Dynamic Normalizer (which is the main one I miss due to the volume leveling between different albums). Compared to these, the output trick definitely had better instrument placement and more space. 

Done that already. The ER-4S are still on the limit of it's power range.
Just got some RE-272s though, they need much less power so we'll see.

What are people using for library management, is there anything that let's you edit properties of files on the ZX1? Any good mac apps that will work with it?

Wow, the ER-4S is really power hungry. Didn't realize how much so. 

Apr 29, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #5,068 of 7,711
  Try this: http://cubeundcube.blogspot.com/2013/12/sony-walkman-nw-zx1root.html

I have been using this but after upgraded the root is gone.
But thanks! I see a new reply in this web page, saying that currently there is no root.

おそらく脆弱性そのものが塞がれているので、現状(少なくとも私のスキルでは)root取得は不可能だと思います。
(rootkitXperia_20131207内の「src\getroot_20131207\memo.txt」参照のうえ、同フォルダ内のgetrootを単体で実行すれば、穴の有無が分かります。エラーが出ればアウトです。)
カーネルの解析や、android上で実行出来るバイナリのコンパイル方法は、当ブログをくまなく見てください。あとはグーグル検索等で。

Thanks.

Apr 29, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #5,069 of 7,711
I'm hoping someone knows as I've already read through this thread, in its entirety, and rather not again. I saw some decent cases, not that leather one with the corners exposed, but there was one that had a lanyard. Can anyone help me with this, please? TIA.

My unit should be here Thursday, I have the Fiio adapter and a TPU case, I'm dying to get this in my hands.

I have all of my music in iTunes, 256k, I'm thinking of upgrading it to some sort of lossless. I'm going to do a few tracks, see if my ears hear a difference. I definitely did after using iMatch, but I had some low quality music in there.

Is this what you meant , the one from Vannuys ? post #4277
The lanyard is not included with the case , you can still buy it from their website with other accessory choices . The thing is they only sell it IN Japan . Your best bet is to have somebody there buy it for you or if there is any service in your country that help you order from japan then ship back to you
Well , do a little search on google I find that you can buy them from here . Still I haven't found any lanyard there . I can't recommend buying from China website though , it's like walking on a minefield , there're simply so many fakes . BTW , there , some one sells ZX1 for 33 bucks LOL and he's got like a lot of positive feedback
very_evil_smiley.gif
Some even claims his authenticity with pictures ! One thing in common , they all have very funny spec description . Ahh, that smell ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back