Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Mar 12, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #4,111 of 7,711
I have already been ! Currently a proud owner of the last of all walkman phones - the W995 
ksc75smile.gif

http://mobiltelefon.ru/i/other/june09/06/sony_ericsson_w995_04.jpg
(quite lame that I cant post images since I just signed up
frown.gif
after stalking the forum for quite a while)

Can't say I'm satisfied with it in this day and age at all but I'm willing to live with all its flaw and skip all this smartphone trend to spend all money instead on an outstanding Sony flagship player . After all , having a phone to call , a dedicated classy, excellent walkman to truly enjoy music is enough to make my day complete ; movies and games I got a PC for that .

Mar 12, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #4,112 of 7,711
  I have already been ! Currently a proud owner of the last of all walkman phones - the W995 
ksc75smile.gif

http://mobiltelefon.ru/i/other/june09/06/sony_ericsson_w995_04.jpg
(quite lame that I cant post images since I just signed up
frown.gif
after stalking the forum for quite a while)

Can't say I'm satisfied with it in this day and age at all but I'm willing to live with all its flaw and skip all this smartphone trend to spend all money instead on an outstanding Sony flagship player . After all , having a phone to call , a dedicated classy, excellent walkman to truly enjoy music is enough to make my day complete ; movies and games I got a PC for that .

You're all forgetting the PHA-2, which basically is a DAC-AMP with all the goodies in sound of a walkman, but you still can plug it to a phone (most but not all support it). I own the F886 and I must say it packs quite the sound, the PHA-2 just improves that with more defined bass (and I'm guessing that so does the ZX1) my only complain might be the small screen, but again is a DAP of excellent quality and features.

Mar 12, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #4,113 of 7,711
Well if only I got that amount of money : ))
Going with pha2 and phone probly limits portabity significantly
Picking both pha2 & zx1 is out of my budget
But frankly just ... just look at it , that design alone tells me if I ever got any dollars to spend , I have to spend on zx1 first

Personally, before knowing its existence I have always think of a smartphone or player that look ... well lack of vocabulary here : )) let just say a look anywhere near this classy metal.., would definitely have me sold.. And then out of google ZX1 appear ... I read a lot about hi tech/luxury gadget before, but this ... THIS ... IS ..... MADNESS !!! THIS ... IS .. ZX1!!!!111!1one11abc It's like meeting the girl/man of your dream , like love struck , make u wonder is this the real life ? is this just fantasy ? make u feel the urge to go creeping around gather as much info as possible ,just so eventually disregard all of it and all that matters is you have to get the love of your own.

wow I get super cheesy there : )) but you get the point.

Mar 12, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #4,114 of 7,711
Well if only I got that amount of money : ))
Going with pha2 and phone probly limits portabity significantly
Picking both pha2 & zx1 is out of my budget
But frankly just ... just look at it , that design alone tells me if I ever got any dollars to spend , I have to spend on zx1 first

Personally, before knowing its existence I have always think of a smartphone or player that look ... well lack of vocabulary here : )) let just say a look anywhere near this classy metal.., would definitely have me sold.. And then out of google ZX1 appear ... I read a lot about hi tech/luxury gadget before, but this ... THIS ... IS ..... MADNESS !!! THIS ... IS .. ZX1!!!!111!1one11abc It's like meeting the girl/man of your dream , like love struck , make u wonder is this the real life ? is this just fantasy ? make u feel the urge to go creeping around gather as much info as possible ,just so eventually disregard all of it and all that matters is you have to get the love of your own.

wow I get super cheesy there : )) but you get the point.
WOW LOL damn I think you deserve a zx1.

Somebody send this man a zx1 immediately before he gets a broken heart.

Listen just don't end up like the guy on that movie "her" if you are going to impregnate your future zx1 just make sure it's with music

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #4,115 of 7,711
WOW LOL damn I think you deserve a zx1.

Somebody send this man a zx1 immediately before he gets a broken heart.

Listen just don't end up like the guy on that movie "her" if you are going to impregnate your future zx1 just make sure it's with music

I just have to say one thing on this: It's a SONY. The reason because I have so many recent gadgets from them and my wallet is crying (QX100, F886, PHA-2, Xperia Ultra, XBA-H3, PSVita) it's because this is the sony I used to know in the late 90s, when they were doing things that looked so elegant/industrial/serious whilst at the same time being extremely functional and did things beyond the expected. Whatever is happening at sony they are at the moment on a roll

Mar 12, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #4,118 of 7,711
It is not easy keeping up with you guys! I did not whant to post again until I red everything till the last post... had some reading to do.

I got a mail today from Sony Germany with my bill (ordered mid february) and the information, that the player is on its way. It is suposed to be here in the next two days. Guss what: I am out of town the next two days. Lucky me.
But when I get back home (and the player is here for real) I am going to test it with my psb M4U 2. I do not know how to test the volume. I mean if the volume is much restricted due to beeing soled in EU. I think comparing it to the J3 is a possibility? Has anybody both and can tell which one is louder?

What else should I look for in comparison to not EU ones?

Ilkyway

Mar 12, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #4,122 of 7,711
What is this that magical "DSEE HX upscaling" they have on the product page? Is it just a marketing gimick?

Mar 12, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #4,123 of 7,711
I like DSEE on as I think it helps add a touch of top end sparkle. If I go back to it off, the highs just seem a touch more dead. I find the effect very, very subtle which is good, unlike most of the other ones on the player. 

Mar 12, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #4,124 of 7,711
It is not easy keeping up with you guys! I did not whant to post again until I red everything till the last post... had some reading to do.

I got a mail today from Sony Germany with my bill (ordered mid february) and the information, that the player is on its way. It is suposed to be here in the next two days. Guss what: I am out of town the next two days. Lucky me.
But when I get back home (and the player is here for real) I am going to test it with my psb M4U 2. I do not know how to test the volume. I mean if the volume is much restricted due to beeing soled in EU. I think comparing it to the J3 is a possibility? Has anybody both and can tell which one is louder?

What else should I look for in comparison to not EU ones?

Ilkyway

Since you can amp your headphones, I doubt loudness will be an issue.

Please report back on the synergy between your PSB's and the ZX-1. I have the PSB's and had settled on the X-5, but if there is good synergy with the ZX-1 I will go for that with the superior UI. I was concerned that the combo might be too bright and fatiguing.

Mar 13, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #4,125 of 7,711
Hey OK-Guy -

I don't have too many ( maybe about 10) but given that DSD is becoming more available on various sites like store.acousticsounds.com, DSD is a requirement for my next high rez DAP since I plan on getting more music is this format. I know this might not be important to some but is to me. The 10ohm if confirmed is more of an annoyance.

I read a post somewhere that there might be a phase 2 that could possibly have DSD native playback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back