Sony NWZ-A818 Protection?
Jan 10, 2008 at 11:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

wingz

New Head-Fier
Hi all

got my walkman yesterday and going to sell my 4gb nano as the sony does sound better and getting annoyed with the click wheel.

just wondering if anyone is using a Invisibleshield or case for it as I'm worried about getting it scratched, so atm I'm using Cling Film for the time being.
rolleyes.gif

Cheers.

Jan 10, 2008 at 11:14 PM Post #2 of 31
I got the clear case from Argos. It protects it really well, plus all the functions/buttons are easily accessible. You can still see the player really clearly through it, which is nice - because it's too pretty to be hidden!

I tried the silicon case too, but there's no protection for the screen at all - and those plasticky screen protectors don't really protect it
confused.gif

Buy Sony NW800 MP4 Clear Plastic Case. at Argos.co.uk

Jan 10, 2008 at 11:31 PM Post #3 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got the clear case from Argos. It protects it really well, plus all the functions/buttons are easily accessible. You can still see the player really clearly through it, which is nice - because it's too pretty to be hidden!

thanks will have a look at it, how does the navigation buttons feel with the player in the case?

Jan 10, 2008 at 11:36 PM Post #4 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by wingz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks will have a look at it, how does the navigation buttons feel with the player in the case?

All the buttons are really easy to use/press, including the volume slider.
I wouldn't have kept it otherwise! I also like the tiny amount of bulk it adds. I always felt it was too thin, but with the case on - it has just the right thickness.

Jan 10, 2008 at 11:51 PM Post #6 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by wingz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
found this on ebay do you think its the same one, cost around £5.50 delivered Sony Crystal Case

Well it looks exactly the same - but £3.49 seems suspiciously cheap. I got my first one off eBay and it was £16, I've never seen it cheaper than that.

Can you ask the seller if it's a genuine Sony case - and not just a 'compatible' one? The reason I say that, is because unless it's the genuine article - you might have a problem with the buttons or the fit. But at that price, I guess it's worth taking a risk.

My ones came with a dark blue insert, whether that makes any difference, I don't know. And if it turns out to be 'compatible' and not genuine, at least you won't have lost too much money!

Jan 11, 2008 at 1:44 PM Post #10 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKaz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The leather Sony case is by far the sexiest case for this DAP though:Sony NWZ Leather Case

The only 'problem' with the leather case is that it completely covers the player. You can't see it at all. All you can see is the case. If it was an ugly player - then it would be good to cover it up!! But it's lovely to look at and it seems a shame to totally obliterate it with a leather case.

Jan 11, 2008 at 6:21 PM Post #13 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only 'problem' with the leather case is that it completely covers the player. You can't see it at all. All you can see is the case. If it was an ugly player - then it would be good to cover it up!! But it's lovely to look at and it seems a shame to totally obliterate it with a leather case.

It looks so sexy in the leather case though. Sleek . . elegant. The leather adds to the beauty.
biggrin.gif

Jan 11, 2008 at 7:17 PM Post #14 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKaz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It looks so sexy in the leather case though. Sleek . . elegant. The leather adds to the beauty.
biggrin.gif

That's the point I was making though - how can it look 'sexy' in the case if you can't see it at all!! It's totally covered by the case. Unless you have the case open, you can't see the player. I like to be able to see mine through the clear case. Like I said - if it was ugly, the case would serve a purpose in hiding it.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back