SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Oct 8, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #5,761 of 7,541
  Functionality provided by new firmware to be updated as it rebuilds my lib

But first You can change to microSD and internal while connected to USB now!!! WOOOT, still you can't do paralell transfer to both at the same time but is nice improvement instead of having to reconnect it every time

EDIT:
Firmwarees creen shows 1.20

Now you can add the EQ nad all audio gimmicks to HR  files

How the switch on the fly works woohooo

Functionality provided by new firmware to be updated as it rebuilds my lib

But first You can change to microSD and internal while connected to USB now!!! WOOOT, still you can't do paralell transfer to both at the same time but is nice improvement instead of having to reconnect it every time

EDIT:
Firmwarees creen shows 1.20

Now you can add the EQ nad all audio gimmicks to HR  files

How the switch on the fly works woohooo

It's good to see that Sony hasn't dropped support for the A10 series. Though, I was hoping to see a 10 band equalizer with this update.

But I guess that's only for the newer models exclusive...

Oct 9, 2015 at 1:26 AM Post #5,764 of 7,541
  Standby time is also excellent. I charged these last month and booted it up today, it was still at 100%.
I've been playing it since this morning (approx 6 hrs), it still shows 4/4 bars. Great little DAP.

Nice..

Oct 9, 2015 at 4:25 AM Post #5,765 of 7,541
  I think it has an extra chipset in the WM-port dongle don't know what it does really... maybe is a plot of sony to shorten battery lifespan so you buy another in one year or two

FIRMWARE UPDATE AVAILABLE
 ​

strange my U.S. model A17 doesn't inform me of an update and the latest i can find online is still 1.10   then again i use windows and don't use media go - i just add/remove files using the music folder inside of the walkman folder that pops up on autostart and also shows up on my computer on a separate drive.if anyone has a link to the update for 1.20 please post it.thanks

Oct 9, 2015 at 5:07 AM Post #5,766 of 7,541
I just updated my japanese A17 its pretty straight forward....i also discovered sony content transfer which is not too bad.. I just love this little player battery is awesome and it sounds great 
beerchug.gif

Oct 9, 2015 at 6:09 AM Post #5,769 of 7,541
  it is straightforward if you have media go installed, i refuse to use media go,  so until Sony puts up a link for the ver.1.20 update on their site (so far the latest is 1.10 from way back in april) i'm stuck at 1.10 - i suppose i could always download and install media go then update to 1.20 then delete media go..but i'll wait a bit first

ps sony content transfer is cool, i have it for my e345 and f807 they don't offer for windows on the A17 though, only for mac not sure why..

You dont need media go...if you download  it manually it will self update

Oct 9, 2015 at 6:16 AM Post #5,770 of 7,541
  You dont need media go...if you download  it manually it will self update

thanks,but the issue is i was having difficulty finding the manual download (up too late with not enough caffeine
blink.gif
) which is why i was asking if anyone had a link earlier ,i kept googling 'sony a-17 firmware update' and the results kept pointing me here  ->https://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/NWZ-A17 where the latest version is the 1.10 but then i kept searching and at last found the proper page here http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-download.pl?mdl=NWZA17&upd_id=10478&os_group_id=5

Oct 9, 2015 at 6:29 AM Post #5,771 of 7,541
  thanks,but the issue is i was having difficulty finding the manual download (up too late with not enough caffeine
blink.gif
) which is why i was asking if anyone had a link earlier ,i kept googling 'sony a-17 firmware update' and the results kept pointing me here  ->https://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/NWZ-A17 where the latest version is the 1.10 but then i kept searching and at last found the proper page here http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-download.pl?mdl=NWZA17&upd_id=10478&os_group_id=5

yep that is the page...you can update without using Media go

Oct 9, 2015 at 6:47 AM Post #5,772 of 7,541
  yep that is the page...you can update without using Media go

oh yeah, i was aware of that because in the past i updated to 1.01 and  then 1.10 without media go on my player,i only mentioned media go because that is how gerelmx1986 was made aware of the update and as my initial search engine searches kept landing me on pages with 1.10 as the latest update i mistakenly thought Sony were lagging getting the exe file online and that presently the only way to get it was by installing media go.but i was wrong,  it happens (more often than i care to admit)  thanks for your feedback though,i have it installed now and apologize for any confusion or if my initial post came off rude,it wasn't meant to.cheers!

Oct 9, 2015 at 7:12 AM Post #5,773 of 7,541
  oh yeah, i was aware of that because in the past i updated to 1.01 and  then 1.10 without media go on my player,i only mentioned media go because that is how gerelmx1986 was made aware of the update and as my initial search engine searches kept landing me on pages with 1.10 as the latest update i mistakenly thought Sony were lagging getting the exe file online and that presently the only way to get it was by installing media go.but i was wrong,  it happens (more often than i care to admit)  thanks for your feedback though,i have it installed now and apologize for any confusion or if my initial post came off rude,it wasn't meant to.cheers!

L3000.gif
...no worries

Oct 9, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #5,774 of 7,541
Just updated to new firmware (after Mediago informed of new version) All went smoothly and very pleased re the new internal memory/sdcard changes. But am still disappointed re the minor issue (to me!!) which is still present.

I sometimes want to connect via Bluetooth to a single small portable speaker-the Anker A7910. (Things like spoken word podcasts to share with friends in the room) Crucially this hasn't got any volume control.  The A17 connects fine, defaults to a too loud volume......  BUT the volume control on the A17is now disabled whenever a Bluetooth connection is made. So its impossible to turn the volume down. It doesn't matter what level the volume was set at before enabling the Bluetooth connection. The volume is too loud and I have no way to turn it down!!  I have tried other devices -such as an android phone and a tablet - they connect via Bluetooth to the Anker speaker just fine and in those cases the volume control on the device still works!!!   Only on my A17 does it seem to get disabled. I know it's an issue as I have seen a few others mention it in Sony help forums. 

PS it isn't a major issue to be honest. The Anker speaker came with a small 3.5mm jack to microusb cable. If I connect with that , then the A17 volume controls still work. But a Bluetooth connection -where volume still works on the A17 would be neater!!!   Perhaps in the next firmware update (LOL!!! )
Regards to all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back