SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Jan 27, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #2,402 of 7,541

This is how I mostly listen to the A-17 and it works great for the JH16's and even my Magnum builds. However the M8 doe not have a "line in" but it sounds significantly better than the A17/Pico and drives my orthos.

How much battery life you get with the analogue mode? thnx

Just got my topping amp. Very pleased. A-17 now powers my beyer t-90's. Does anyone know if battery life of a-17 takes a hit running out of wm port?

Test for your self and report back battery life for us
biggrin.gif

Jan 27, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #2,403 of 7,541
Where you got the line out cable? It's neat!

Quote:

This is how I mostly listen to the A-17 and it works great for the JH16's and even my Magnum builds. However the M8 doe not have a "line in" but it sounds significantly better than the A17/Pico and drives my orthos.

Jan 28, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #2,409 of 7,541
my classical collection ripped in WMA losseless. Do you think I would be better off ripping them in flac again for some reason? 

my ocd would kick in and i would have to re-rip. just to be sure in my ocd mind 
smile_phones.gif

That's why I rip, digital-download in FLAC
biggrin.gif
, because FLAC is stable latest release was in 2014 I think

Jan 28, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #2,410 of 7,541
as long as it's for the computer, file format doesn't matter much. you'll always find a player than can handle whatever you use, even using the long abandoned ogg is ok on a computer and I'm confident that in 10years we will still have a way to play the old formats. it's not like going from tapes to cds, we only need the right codec so there is no reason why one would definitely go away. 

now to play on a DAP, mp3 and flac are clearly the best options. they have the maximum compatibility with the maximum of products and show no sign of going away. flac actually tend to become more and more accepted.
AAC should be the new mp3, but it's been years and even with apple pushing for it, it's still not really by default on all players. so I don't know if it will come to be the universal lossy format on its own, before apple and android finish to eat the world completely and decide for us that 20" cellphones are now the only DAPs? or maybe skynet will come soon and solve the question for us(yeah I use positive thinking a lot) ^_^.

Jan 28, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #2,412 of 7,541

is that cable made by you, or bought?

Jan 28, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #2,415 of 7,541
The Bispa BSP-HPCL-SYPGLWMS adaptor cable costs around $USD40 + freight at https://bispa.co.jp/661 .  Not sure it is worth that for me as I cannot picture using it to feed a portable amplifier to drive the Sennheiser HD800 phones although I can see it could be useful to feed quality music through a an amplifier and speakers.  But I have a Meridian Sooloos system networked with a massive library on board so am not tempted.

And for use in say a car, why not use the headphone socket out?  It there something about impedance mismatch which makes the Bispa more attractive?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back