SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Jan 10, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #2,056 of 7,541
A simple silicon cover for £4.49 plus £2.15 postage from England to Singapore.

Jan 10, 2015 at 3:46 AM Post #2,057 of 7,541
A simple silicon cover for £4.49 plus £2.15 postage from England to Singapore.

Got mine from Amazon prime for under $8 delivered.  I didn't go with green however.  I think that fit is a little loose though.

Jan 10, 2015 at 3:48 AM Post #2,058 of 7,541
Yeah it's a bit loose but what to do when it's so cheap?

Jan 10, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #2,061 of 7,541
I will give you an update when i reach 100+ hours

as for the moment, using MDR-1R as they seem to be a SUPERB MATCH, gosh, XBA-H3 i will try to fiddle the EQ again by upping the frequencies to +3 on them all, to see what happens with the H3's sound signature. If i detect no change in sig, then i'll give those an ultimatum and wait until Oppo releases their HA-2 portable amp. And if those continue to sound bad, i'll sell them straight away

Jan 10, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #2,062 of 7,541
Estimated running in hours for the A17 I listened is roughly 50 hours.

50 hrs? How closely did you monitor this? I monitored very closely and got about 32 hrs. That's a long way off from 50. And I used low volumes, dimmest backlight, very little screen on time, mostly MP3. Basically the least taxing method. You should keep a record. Interesting to compare if everyone gets approx the same or if there is actually a variance of 20 hrs usage with some units, which seems excessively high. Did you use the battery saver option?

Jan 10, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #2,064 of 7,541
@gerelmx1986 okay .... you know what ....now you made me want to get one as soon as possible  
cool.gif

Jan 10, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #2,065 of 7,541
  @gerelmx1986 okay .... you know what ....now you made me want to get one as soon as possible  
cool.gif

yes it sounds great with good heaphones , love it, i ma close to 14 hours listening and the battery still displays all the bars

mostly Using the huge MDR-1R because a)brrr here's screw* cold and my house has no heating at all, we have 3°C and well those 1R keep my ears warm and cozy. B) SQ

Jan 10, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #2,066 of 7,541
ffirst battery bar gone at 14 hours 51 minutes at brightness of 2, battery care off, all audio effects off, sometimes fiddling with them to test H3 vs 1R, some times looking at screen for song info, screen-time out at 15 seconds

Jan 10, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #2,067 of 7,541

Great review! I'm happy with my z1060 but tempted to take my xba-4 into a store and try this new walkman. I'm also thinking of getting the ath-ckr10, any one tried them wit the NWZ-A17 line?

Even though I still love my Z1070 and my headphones need an amp, I bought A17. Its size, battery life and sd card slot make it the best DAP for my needs... even though I have to use an amp  for my headphone.  As a fellow z1000 series owner, I strongly recommend it :)  

Jan 10, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #2,069 of 7,541

Estimated running in hours for the A17 I listened is roughly 50 hours.

50 hrs? How closely did you monitor this? I monitored very closely and got about 32 hrs. That's a long way off from 50. And I used low volumes, dimmest backlight, very little screen on time, mostly MP3. Basically the least taxing method. You should keep a record. Interesting to compare if everyone gets approx the same or if there is actually a variance of 20 hrs usage with some units, which seems excessively high. Did you use the battery saver option?

I go close to 40h with mp3, the bigger changes come from if I use it a long time in one shot, or a lot of short listenings, so I'm guessing that's only because of the sleep mod. you could probably get 50hours touching nothing and going at it in 2 sessions of 25hours ^_^.
what headphone is used obviously must also have its effect. but I'd rather go for 35/40h with most of my IEMs instead of 50 even for casual mp3 usage.
  I will give you an update when i reach 100+ hours

as for the moment, using MDR-1R as they seem to be a SUPERB MATCH, gosh, XBA-H3 i will try to fiddle the EQ again by upping the frequencies to +3 on them all, to see what happens with the H3's sound signature. If i detect no change in sig, then i'll give those an ultimatum and wait until Oppo releases their HA-2 portable amp. And if those continue to sound bad, i'll sell them straight away

if you really want to use that IEM, my advice is to make a good EQ on your computer, encode the songs with the EQ as a dsp(foobar does that just fine with any parametric EQ you'll add to it). and make yourself a µSD exclusively for the H3.
I have a µSD for my IE80 and one for my etymotics made like this. you get much better results than trying to push all the sliders up to reduce the bass on the sony. (also remember that 1value on the sony's EQ is more than 1db, you can't fine tune anything).

Jan 10, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #2,070 of 7,541
if you really want to use that IEM, my advice is to make a good EQ on your computer, encode the songs with the EQ as a dsp(foobar does that just fine with any parametric EQ you'll add to it). and make yourself a µSD exclusively for the H3.
I have a µSD for my IE80 and one for my etymotics made like this. you get much better results than trying to push all the sliders up to reduce the bass on the sony. (also remember that 1value on the sony's EQ is more than 1db, you can't fine tune anything).

thanks for the tip, wi will try other options such as an amp too and this of the parametric EQ, MusicBee has one but i think is just for the player itself does not let you encode it to the songs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back