SONY NWD E025
Dec 12, 2008 at 5:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

wcahyono

New Head-Fier
Hello all,

Anybody has sony newest USB stick MP3 player, NWD E025 ?
How is the sound quality ?
Does it have same sound quality as S639F ?

On the specs, it has no DSEE.
But I heard that we don't need DSEE as long as we compress the file
between 192 - 320.

Pls somebody review it

Thank you

Dec 15, 2008 at 4:55 AM Post #2 of 14
nice to meet you all guys, this is my first post in heaf-fi, so soory that i only able to write in very simple english..

i owned NWD E25 3 months ago, from item listed spec it is almost some with latest walkman series like S739, weeks later i went "sonystyle" shop to have a check model by model later then i realise different model which seems same spec actually come out quality differs.

The best sound quality (flat and EQ) goes to "

1.S73X( my country do not have S63X series) series, then
2.A82X and A81X series, follow by
3.E walkman series, later only
4.Sony NWD E02x stick series.
5.new launch megabass stick

DSEE make too little difference that i never use,
Clear stereo make abit difference..

@@the sound quality very differ for E025 vs S639(S639 same sound with S739)

@@ my personal views is ,S739(S639) superior sound beats other players in the market, player come close to S739 quality r Cowon D2 and fuse.

after comparison, i store my E025 somewhere inside my room, and i having S739 with my ear >3hours per day.

the sound quality make me addicted to it, but it is not the end of music coz the earphone bundled make even huge differences..

so from E025 earbulb > S739 earphone(not bad) > EX90(better bass,but mid suck) > finally...just order a set of Westone 3(sounds better then shure 530 and fi10 as i test >2 hours listening).

thus my personal belief is Sony S739 + Westone 3 = the best sound quality for ever portable mp3 up till today's technology.

regards.

Dec 26, 2008 at 3:39 PM Post #4 of 14
S739 now available in "Sonystyle" shop (KL and JB, Malaysia), price much cheaper then the one i bought in Singapore.

W3 you may check Audiophiles - Lowyat.NET in Malaysia ,
or Singapore can get in Jaben(near city hall MRT) or Stereo(near woodland MRT)

by the way, after few time audition W3 VS IE8, now i prefer the latest come in Sennheiser IE8.

You are encourage to first auditiion before buy for each and eavery one have different liking.

Singapore "Jaben" or "Stereo" audiopiles shop can audition pair to pair for IE3-W3-Shure530-Fi10- etc

regards

Dec 26, 2008 at 3:47 PM Post #5 of 14
By the way, i may be speaking too loud for Sony S739 the best player for i haven't audition Sansa fuze which quite alot people prefer more then Sony as better sound player...

Dec 26, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sony sounds better, no matter what some claim.

Gonna have to agree with this.

Dec 27, 2008 at 1:11 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sony sounds better, no matter what some claim.

umm, no you are wrong

Dec 27, 2008 at 6:58 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
umm, no you are wrong

In the subjective world of opinion, there is no such thing as "wrong."
biggrin.gif

Dec 28, 2008 at 2:00 PM Post #10 of 14
thanks musictang.

I live in Jakarta, there is no S739 yet.
So I bought E025, I listend to it for some times and seems its sound is similar to HD NW5 with EQ flat or clear bass + 1.

I also visited the site given from you, however I can not find any westone retailer info in malaysia ?

If I can't get this westone in Indonesia, then I will ask my friend to buy me one in Malaysia.

Meantime, if there is any Indonesian people can recommend where to buy this westone in Jakarta ? Thanks a lot.

Dec 29, 2008 at 12:26 PM Post #11 of 14
There's no W3 retailer in Malaysia, there are in singapore(refer westone website).

Sony S series will come in late to indonesia for it just landed malaysia market.

Sony E025 sound good enough, E025 have longer batterylife compare S series.

Alternaltively, other then W3 which hard to get in Indonesia, Sennheiser IE8, Shure 530, Fi 10 also can be consider as they are belongs to the top ranges IEM. i personally owned Sennheiser IE8 instead.

darthsmile.gif

Jan 1, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #12 of 14
Happy New Year MusicTang,

Finally I can manage to get S739 thru my cousin in aussie which is cheaper than in sin.

Meantime, as of IE8.
I also read your post on IEM section.
Also I remember that you also have W3.

Then pls let me know why you finally choose IE8 ?
I read on others' post, they said mid bass on W3 is a bit overshadow the whole spectrum ? And most apparent is when listening to heavy and fast rock music such as slayer ?

I thought if IE8's bass is more quantity than W3, then IE8 should sound muffled than W3 ?

Pls comment

Thanks

Jan 1, 2009 at 9:50 AM Post #13 of 14
hoho! finally...
S739 bundled earphone(noise cancellation) really good in blocking outside noise, far more better then noise isolation IEMs.

as my audition W3 vs IE8, w3 sounds abit details on mid and more isolation, while IE8 soundstage wider and full, plus quantity and quality bass..

both W3 and IE8 also very good just that i prefer more on strong, tight and deep bass..

new discovery is IE8 can wear fit with either "over ear" or "downward", and actually can DIY unplug the cables.

think W3 and iE8 is hot topic in head-fi right now...

happy 2009 and happy music listening

Users who are viewing this thread

Back