SONY NW-ZX500
Jan 22, 2022 at 4:03 AM Post #7,952 of 8,633
Great description... boom and terrible. Very helpful.

He already shared more details, no need for this kind of comments...
I have a strange problem... The sound in the 4.4 jack suddenly became terrible (quiet, flat, muddy, dull, lifeless), while in the 3.5 jack it's still brilliant. I have restored the factory settings of my 507, but that didn't help. The device is new, bought 3 weeks ago. Any idea?

Jan 30, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #7,955 of 8,633
to boost the swiftness of the system I advise u to switch input method from gboard to microsoft swift key. and then turn off gboard in the settings.
1st I experienced it on my samsung phone. definitely snappier.
I tried it with walkman. by far it feels better.
and predictive typing is much better of course. u can turn off smiles etc.

Jan 30, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #7,957 of 8,633
You need to install Microsoft swift key from the Play Store?
yeah.
I enabled it to do so. (it was disabled) one click job
I believe this enable/disable have no effect system and battery.
I found that other app effects can drain battery fast only if u forgot to close them (square button, swipe up to close).

Jan 30, 2022 at 10:36 PM Post #7,959 of 8,633
I just got the ZX507 also, and so far it's a great player. I also have the Fiio M11+ LTD, and so far I'm liking the Sony a little more. Yeah the Fiio has more power but, maybe I'm just liking the Sony sound idk. I'm enjoying it.

Will say the battery life streaming is not good. But using it with a micro SD card, the battery life is a lot better.

Been using CA Mammoths, 7hz Timeless, and MD Kato with it.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2022 at 2:58 AM Post #7,960 of 8,633
yeah.
I enabled it to do so. (it was disabled) one click job
I believe this enable/disable have no effect system and battery.
I found that other app effects can drain battery fast only if u forgot to close them (square button, swipe up to close).
Thanks. I had a look, looks good but you need to create a swiftkey account to use it :expressionless:

Feb 1, 2022 at 8:44 PM Post #7,961 of 8,633
Thanks. I had a look, looks good but you need to create a swiftkey account to use it :expressionless:
U sure? There is an option to pass it ("not now") when they ask u to log in.
And it's actually Microsoft account.
I had one, so no issue at all. Plus u can share exchange buffer (copy paste) between ur phone and windows computer.
It's not smth u need with audio player.
However, it's useful wjth phone

Feb 2, 2022 at 5:44 AM Post #7,962 of 8,633
A few thoughts after a few weeks with the ZX507...

Set up: Qobuz/UAPP/SD card with FLAC library (16/44 and 24/96/192), 4.4 balanced Fiio cable, Westone W80 iems, spinfit eartips.

First and foremost, this is a hedgehog DAP rather than a fox - it does one thing very well, in every other respect there are some compromises.

If you use files stored on the device, played through the stock app, using 200+ hour burned in balanced output to decent iems or headphones, the 507 is an absolute marvel. SQ is fantastic across a range of genres, preferable (IMHO) to direct competitors like the A&K SR25 and to numerous 'high end' portable usb-DACs that I've tried (L&P W2, Lotoo Paw S1 and S2, A&K Pee51, Hidisz s9 Pro, etc.). Used this way battery life is respectable, at easily 14-16 hours. The tiny form factor is also a real boon as you are likely to be carrying two devices.

If used in any other way there are compromises, which, as observed in this thread, mostly come from battery life and android resampling. If you play local files through UAPP, avoiding resampling, then battery life is about halved (brighter sound signature - still very nice). If you stream through UAPP then battery life is even worse. Maybe 4 or 5 hours. If you use the Qobuz (or any other) app then not only is battery life poor, but you also get everything resampled, significantly reducing SQ.

The good news for me is that 90% of the time I play locally stored files. If you want to use android apps or to stream your music, I'd suggest you look elsewhere. In sum, the 507 is, fundamentally, a fantastic high-res old-school iPod, doing one job really well, and as such compromised beyond that (though it's nice to have those options).

Not sure any of this is news to anyone, but just thought I'd add to the picture.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2022 at 8:52 AM Post #7,963 of 8,633
Really like the synergy of the ZX500 with the Technics EAH-TZ700 earphones !

ZX507-TZ700-PW1960.png

Feb 6, 2022 at 9:15 AM Post #7,964 of 8,633
Hello.
I just ordered a 507 from Korea to get around the eu volume cap, but one friend said that even the Korean ones are capped? Is that true? I tought it was only the eu ones.
If true then its bad news. I really dont want it then. And I cant even cancel the order

Feb 6, 2022 at 10:14 AM Post #7,965 of 8,633
Hello.
I just ordered a 507 from Korea to get around the eu volume cap, but one friend said that even the Korean ones are capped? Is that true? I tought it was only the eu ones.
If true then its bad news. I really dont want it then. And I cant even cancel the order
I believe there is some information in officials sony manual about volume cap in eu and korea. u can check it by urself. google manual sony zx507

Users who are viewing this thread

Back