Sony NW-ZX300
Aug 4, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #11,506 of 12,862
You'll need to use Android File Transfer. I use it currently with my ZX-507 on a MBP running latest version of Catalina, and previously used it with no issues with A&K DAPs as well.
On the ZX300 you don't new to use Android File Transfer as it's not running Android.

Aug 4, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #11,507 of 12,862
Does anybody know, zx300 has enough power to drive Sony IER M7? I owned zx300 half year ago and I was using sony z5 and they sounded pretty good but the best sound was with better amplification.
So now i'm considering to be again with zx300 but at the same time, as I know, IER M7 are power demanding.
Thank you.
They will work fine if use use balanced connection which will supply more power than single ended.

Aug 4, 2020 at 6:55 PM Post #11,509 of 12,862
The supplied guides are either too tight or too loose for balanced.

like most bluetooth crap sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

Few more questions: is there any way to see how many hours a zx300 has been used?

Is there any good reason not to buy an “a” Chinese version? I see it only has 16gb vs 64 but where does that factor in to performance? It still takes all the regular firmware? Does it have volume limitations? This would be a used zx300a, fwiw.

I’d be pairing them with an Ety ER2XR (which does not currently have a balanced cable and may not be able to have one attached to it) and a Moondroo Blessing 2 (I’d have to buy a balanced cable for it). Can anyonewho has listened with either of these IEMs with the zx309 comment on how they pair?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2020 at 7:03 PM Post #11,510 of 12,862
Few more questions: is there any way to see how many hours a zx300 has been used?

Is there any good reason not to buy an “a” version? I see it only has 16gb vs 64 but where does that factor in to performance? It still takes all the regular firmware? Does it have volume limitations? This would be a used zx300a, fwiw.
Yes under Setting, Device Info. But doing a Factory reset reset the hours played.

Aug 5, 2020 at 12:19 AM Post #11,511 of 12,862
Does anybody know, zx300 has enough power to drive Sony IER M7? I owned zx300 half year ago and I was using sony z5 and they sounded pretty good but the best sound was with better amplification.
So now i'm considering to be again with zx300 but at the same time, as I know, IER M7 are power demanding.
Thank you.

I auditioned both M7 and M9 using my ZX300 on SE, I didn't think there was something wrong. I actually got impressed with their sound. Well, I think power will be more than enough when driven through 4.4mm balanced.

Aug 5, 2020 at 10:07 PM Post #11,515 of 12,862
Small update:

We now also have Mac installers for the mod, courtesy of @Lookout57.

The download link is the same one, available in the main post.

MAIN POST

Aug 5, 2020 at 11:09 PM Post #11,517 of 12,862
Small update:

We now also have Mac installers for the mod, courtesy of @Lookout57.

The download link is the same one, available in the main post.

MAIN POST

But the mod is essentially the same, right? I use a Mac and worked my way through using the original installer. Still excited for the newer one you're working on, @MrWalkman. Thanks!

Aug 5, 2020 at 11:10 PM Post #11,518 of 12,862
But the mod is essentially the same, right? I use a Mac and worked my way through using the original installer. Still excited for the newer one you're working on, @MrWalkman. Thanks!

Yep, it's the same mod, just installable via Mac OS as well.

The future mod is still work in progress, mostly testing phase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back