Sony NW-ZX300
Feb 19, 2020 at 5:40 AM Post #11,131 of 12,862
By A at the end you refer to 16GB storage version?
i have 64gb version and use it balanced, high gain mode activated. it depends on the headphones and bitrate too, also volume, bluetooth and screen usage. i listen with hifiman re2000 iems and from time to time with denon d7200, these are big over ear closed-backs, non-balanced. with FLACs most of the time, i would say the battery is average, maybe 10-12 hours, but didn't pay attention, it's good enough, i charge it once a week or each 4-5 days, few hours each day of listening. I sometime use it as usb dac and also keep the screen on more than necessary. So there is no definitive answer but if your headphones don't require lots of power, you'll probably be satisfied.

Hello! Yes, I was referring to the 16GB storage version. Nonetheless, thank you for your reply and also the detailed information.

It was stated on Sony's website that the ZX300 would last up to 26 hours with FLAC. However, they didn't mention for balanced. Your answer is very useful. I'd like to know if someone else whom owns the ZX300A is the same as well.

Thank you!

Feb 19, 2020 at 7:47 AM Post #11,133 of 12,862
26 hours...yeah right.. maybe without headphones or very low volume :)
I think with easy headphones on the 3.5mm, mp3, moderate volume, BT off and all processing off people have had 20+ hours.
Using 4.4mm, hirez, BT (even just the remote), hard headphones, high gain, high volumes and several of the processing options can nock a couple of hours off each, so it's just of balance of what features vs usage time suites you.

The ZX300A should be the same, same hardware/software just a smaller flash capacity chip.

Feb 19, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #11,134 of 12,862
Can anyone advise me how to get the player to play tracks in the correct order.

To explain, I use Win 10 C&P to transfer files. Win 10 has a habit of defaulting the track to alphabetical order in the folder. And yes, I re-arrange them before copying them over to a folder installed on the player,but when I go to playback, the tracks are still all over the place. I even pre-fixed an albums tracks with numbers and STILL plays them random. I have shuffle play OFF. I even tagged the album via Sonys 'Music centre' and transferred the tracks that way.........yup you guessed it.

Anyone help me out?

Feb 20, 2020 at 2:37 AM Post #11,135 of 12,862
Can anyone advise me how to get the player to play tracks in the correct order.

To explain, I use Win 10 C&P to transfer files. Win 10 has a habit of defaulting the track to alphabetical order in the folder. And yes, I re-arrange them before copying them over to a folder installed on the player,but when I go to playback, the tracks are still all over the place. I even pre-fixed an albums tracks with numbers and STILL plays them random. I have shuffle play OFF. I even tagged the album via Sonys 'Music centre' and transferred the tracks that way.........yup you guessed it.

Anyone help me out?
I've never had this problem - I've always dragged and dropped using Windows. This only happens when I try to play tracks in my 2009 import car stereo and it drives me nuts. For tagging I use Tagscanner and before that mp3tag and have never had any issues. How do you normally tag, using Windows Media Player? Could there be some folder setting in Windows Explorer that be automatically listing alphabetically? Frustrating when these things occur - good luck.

Feb 20, 2020 at 5:19 AM Post #11,136 of 12,862
I've never had this problem - I've always dragged and dropped using Windows. This only happens when I try to play tracks in my 2009 import car stereo and it drives me nuts. For tagging I use Tagscanner and before that mp3tag and have never had any issues. How do you normally tag, using Windows Media Player? Could there be some folder setting in Windows Explorer that be automatically listing alphabetically? Frustrating when these things occur - good luck.
Thanks for your help bud. Hope you`re well and still enjoying the N3s.

I guess it`s a Win problem. I tried transferring via 'Music Centre' one tack by one. I tried tagging with DMBPoweramp, Audials, Music Centre and Reeza Mp3 Tag editor.. All look great on Win 10 until I copy. I tried C&P and dragging the folder and dragging single tracks into a folder, and they all default to alphabetical order. I filter the tracks in the folder using the # to number the tracks as well.

It`s got me baffled.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #11,137 of 12,862
Thanks for your help bud. Hope you`re well and still enjoying the N3s.

I guess it`s a Win problem. I tried transferring via 'Music Centre' one tack by one. I tried tagging with DMBPoweramp, Audials, Music Centre and Reeza Mp3 Tag editor.. All look great on Win 10 until I copy. I tried C&P and dragging the folder and dragging single tracks into a folder, and they all default to alphabetical order. I filter the tracks in the folder using the # to number the tracks as well.

It`s got me baffled.
Still thrilled with the N3 thanks - I thought I recognised the name but didn't click.
As I said, I only get this problem when I transfer music to my sdcard in my car stereo. Regardless of whether it has track numbering etc it will play alphabetically and I can't figure out what causes this. There are a couple of albums that do play as per the correct track listing but I haven't cracked the code yet to why these do. Hopefully someone can help you out there, it's probably something simple.

Feb 20, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #11,138 of 12,862
Still thrilled with the N3 thanks - I thought I recognised the name but didn't click.
As I said, I only get this problem when I transfer music to my sdcard in my car stereo. Regardless of whether it has track numbering etc it will play alphabetically and I can't figure out what causes this. There are a couple of albums that do play as per the correct track listing but I haven't cracked the code yet to why these do. Hopefully someone can help you out there, it's probably something simple.
Do the files on the car SDcard start with the track number?

If there is no numbers in the file name, my Audi plays the files alphabetically.

Feb 20, 2020 at 2:19 PM Post #11,139 of 12,862
Do the files on the car SDcard start with the track number?

If there is no numbers in the file name, my Audi plays the files alphabetically.
Some didn't have track numbers so I tried adding track numbers and still it defaulted to alphabetical playback. I usually tag with track numbering although I notice sometimes even when number track tagged it doesn't seem to show when playing on my ZX300. As my car is 2009 I assume it is some old player file quirk but if there was a remedy I'd be very happy.

Feb 25, 2020 at 9:36 PM Post #11,142 of 12,862
It seems the only way round it is to prefix the tracks with numbers. Even in file manager when adding the # to number tracks, it`s the player that`s the fault.

It is NOT a Win problem. It is NOT the players fault.

What is the original source of the files? CD? download?

Maybe you could share a screenshot from whatever software you are using to manage your music?.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back