Sony NW-ZX300
Oct 9, 2018 at 9:54 PM Post #7,831 of 12,862
Just reading there’s an update for the zx300. Haven’t been around in a while. Can someone tell me what they updated? Just playlists?
BT receiver
Vinyl Processor DSP
Playlists

Oct 9, 2018 at 11:30 PM Post #7,833 of 12,862
I'm now the proud owner of a ZX300. I was tossing up between this and the AK70 mkii, but Sony NZ were offering the 64Gb model in black for NZ$760 (approx US$510, £375), which I couldn't pass up. I'm loving it so far, even though I currently have only a pair of Apple earphones. I'm looking to upgrade to some balanced earphones soon.

Oct 9, 2018 at 11:47 PM Post #7,834 of 12,862
I'm now the proud owner of a ZX300. I was tossing up between this and the AK70 mkii, but Sony NZ were offering the 64Gb model in black for NZ$760 (approx US$510, £375), which I couldn't pass up. I'm loving it so far, even though I currently have only a pair of Apple earphones. I'm looking to upgrade to some balanced earphones soon.
Welcome to the club.
Sony NZ have cut back from selling the high end stuff because it's such a small market, a couple of years ago they were off loading their ZX100 stock and I got a sweet deal. I thought they would only sell the lower consumer products and bought my ZX300 overseas for full price, it ticks me off that I could have got it for cheaper in NZ with a warranty here because my battery is not up to what it should be.
Have fun going balanced.

Oct 10, 2018 at 1:07 AM Post #7,835 of 12,862
I plan on getting the zx300 but any news on the 128gb version? dont want to buy now if its coming out in a week or so, especially since its hard to get a stock of the zx300 now in our country...
One of the main selling points for me was the bluetooth dac where i could connect my iphone. got several questions though:
1. does this mean i could use the iphone as source (apple music, spotify, tidal) then use the ZX300's LDAC feature which is compatible on my sony WH-1000XM3?
2. Also, i could also connect my iphone/PC/Mac and android device via specific cables on the ZX300 and use it as dac? how about a Yamaha AV receiver? just want to be sure all these work before i buy one, thanks in advance :)

Oct 10, 2018 at 1:25 AM Post #7,836 of 12,862
I plan on getting the zx300 but any news on the 128gb version? dont want to buy now if its coming out in a week or so, especially since its hard to get a stock of the zx300 now in our country...
One of the main selling points for me was the bluetooth dac where i could connect my iphone. got several questions though:
1. does this mean i could use the iphone as source (apple music, spotify, tidal) then use the ZX300's LDAC feature which is compatible on my sony WH-1000XM3?
2. Also, i could also connect my iphone/PC/Mac and android device via specific cables on the ZX300 and use it as dac? how about a Yamaha AV receiver? just want to be sure all these work before i buy one, thanks in advance :)

1. Yes but iPhone doesn’t support LDAC so the transmission between the iPhone and the zx300 won’t be using the high nitrates if LDAC but Apples ACC codec. Then the zx300 will transmit it via LDAC to the Sony headphones.
2. Yes, you can connect it to computer and android. With receivers I’m not sure. I tried connecting it to my Marantz receiver and it did not work even though I was using the special cable for it.

Oct 11, 2018 at 10:30 PM Post #7,838 of 12,862
^
Should be no different than the ZX300. A is just 16GB onboard storage. Everything else is same-samey.

Oct 11, 2018 at 10:38 PM Post #7,839 of 12,862
Haven't been keeping up with the thread. Anyone try the new firmware with the ZX300A?
I dont see why it wouldnt work

Oct 12, 2018 at 4:15 AM Post #7,841 of 12,862
1. Yes but iPhone doesn’t support LDAC so the transmission between the iPhone and the zx300 won’t be using the high nitrates if LDAC but Apples ACC codec. Then the zx300 will transmit it via LDAC to the Sony headphones.
2. Yes, you can connect it to computer and android. With receivers I’m not sure. I tried connecting it to my Marantz receiver and it did not work even though I was using the special cable for it.
thanks sir for answering my questions, really appreciate it, too bad the iphone doesnt have ldac
any news on the 128gb version? is there really a version like that to be released? checked amazon and some sites and no sign of the 128gb version... i dont mind getting the 64gb one but i figured since i'm late in getting this one, might as well buy the newest version

Oct 12, 2018 at 7:22 AM Post #7,842 of 12,862
thanks sir for answering my questions, really appreciate it, too bad the iphone doesnt have ldac
any news on the 128gb version? is there really a version like that to be released? checked amazon and some sites and no sign of the 128gb version... i dont mind getting the 64gb one but i figured since i'm late in getting this one, might as well buy the newest version

You have to type the specific model, which is now "ZX300G" according to Sony. Here, I found one in Amazon.

Oct 12, 2018 at 9:26 AM Post #7,844 of 12,862
I took the plunge on the ZX300 and I don't regret it one bit, I love the analog signature on this DAP it reminds me of the ZX2, and to a lesser extent to the WM1A... this one is amazing value for money and bluetooth receiver makes streaming possible at last since ZX2 I have been missing that and it was the main gripe I had with WM1A.

Oct 12, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #7,845 of 12,862
A quick FYI for those who've not tried it, but if you're using the ZX300 as a BT DAC the buttons do actually control the Play/Pause, Skip and FF/RW on your source (an iPhone in my case).

Interested to know if people using android can confirm all of the controls work for them too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back