Sony NW-ZX300
Aug 15, 2018 at 7:35 PM Post #7,322 of 12,862
may we know where to get that one?
I got it from taobao, but I'm sure it's rather difficult to get it if you are located out of Hong Kong, China, Macau or Singapore.

You can probably check eBay, gmarket, AliExpress or Amazon for them.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2018 at 7:39 PM Post #7,323 of 12,862
Oh my. That is a beautiful case. Love the black and red design. Is is hard enough to withstand a drop?
Yes, it hard rubber, and whiles each corner looks like holes for a neck strap or layard, they are good for shock, whiles most drop are usually on the corner, they will absorb the shock well, although I haven't drop my ZX300 yet. The case is also available in different colors for the back plate, not just red.

I will try to get more information later on.

Aug 15, 2018 at 7:50 PM Post #7,325 of 12,862
Thanks will look into it. I bought one TPU case and although it does the job I don’t think it’s gonna protect the ZX300 from a nick, it seems too thin around the edges.
Yes, it hard rubber, and whiles each corner looks like holes for a neck strap or layard, they are good for shock, whiles most drop are usually on the corner, they will absorb the shock well, although I haven't drop my ZX300 yet. The case is also available in different colors for the back plate, not just red.

I will try to get more information later on.

Aug 15, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #7,326 of 12,862
Thanks will look into it. I bought one TPU case and although it does the job I don’t think it’s gonna protect the ZX300 from a nick, it seems too thin around the edges.
This is not thin, it's about 2.5mm thick.

Aug 15, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #7,327 of 12,862
Would you mind taking a pic from the bottom of the player?

^^^
Nice case actually. About $100 US incl. ship to Canada. I may consider this.

Those of you who have said case: did you apply all the included protectors to the ZX300 as well?

http://imgur.com/gallery/5igxDxt

Here's a gallery showcasing the dignis case. Bottom photos are there, as well as photos showing the protective film. I pasted the protective film on the microsd slot, top place, and the 4.4mm and 3.5mm jacks.

Aug 15, 2018 at 8:44 PM Post #7,328 of 12,862
Yes, d2000 modded w wood cups runs fine on balanced. Not perfect but still fun to listen to. Bass isn't as tight as is possible w more/better power, not as dynamic, but, works fine. Definitely enjoyable still, balanced that is.
Thanks. I have the D2000 (for movies) and D7000, both stock. Love the bass but the treble end is a bit too much, also I want detachable cables to upgrade the quality, go balanced and be able to get occasional use from the ZX300's more powerful balanced end. I recently got the MDR-Z7, hoping to instantly fall in love with them as my ears are tuned to the Sony sound, but unfortunately I can only hear the imperfections I have read about. I dont want to mod (nor have the tech skills) so I'm thinking to sell them all and try the D7200 or possibly even the D5200 if they have improved on the treble end. The MDR-Z7 have a new improved MK2 which may fix the things I don't like about the original.

Aug 15, 2018 at 11:31 PM Post #7,332 of 12,862
Thanks. I have the D2000 (for movies) and D7000, both stock. Love the bass but the treble end is a bit too much, also I want detachable cables to upgrade the quality, go balanced and be able to get occasional use from the ZX300's more powerful balanced end. I recently got the MDR-Z7, hoping to instantly fall in love with them as my ears are tuned to the Sony sound, but unfortunately I can only hear the imperfections I have read about. I dont want to mod (nor have the tech skills) so I'm thinking to sell them all and try the D7200 or possibly even the D5200 if they have improved on the treble end. The MDR-Z7 have a new improved MK2 which may fix the things I don't like about the original.

Yes, my d2k is modded w smc connectors so I have a balanced 4.4mm cable for it, you won't get the bass as tight and controlled as possible w the zx300, nor will you get the detail, but, what's nice is the zx300 helps the treble area. It's such a smooth dap, I really wish the dang thing did analog line out. Oh well, it's amazing

Aug 15, 2018 at 11:40 PM Post #7,333 of 12,862
I bought a few DAPs this year: N5ii, R6, ZX300, and M0. Without a doubt the ZX300 was the best surprise for me. It's seen the most use so far in the last several months.

Aug 15, 2018 at 11:52 PM Post #7,334 of 12,862
What's everyone's favorite pairing so far with the zx300? I've been in love with the Sony ex1000 for about a year now, and the zx300 just made that love stronger, but I'm interested in finding a new iem with a different presentation to be stable mates with the ex1000.

Aug 16, 2018 at 12:02 AM Post #7,335 of 12,862
^
I've been enjoying EX1000 with ZX300 as well. Seems like a perfect match considering Sony + Sony. However, my recently purchased CA Lyra II have been a joy with Litz 4.4mm cable. Good synergy and comfort.

I have ordered a balanced cable for EX1000 to try as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back