Sony NW-ZX300
May 1, 2018 at 8:55 PM Post #6,377 of 12,862
Quick question: does the zx300 UI have the same output settings as the WM1A (A type low, A standard, B type low, B Standard, B High)?
Si Senor

May 2, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #6,380 of 12,862
who had tried this? mind to share more ?
Changing to region "E" (tourist) removes volume cap, enables high-gain and enables the sony BT remote

However if you then set your language to english followed by changing to region "J" (japan) you also get the ability to create playlists on the ZX300 directly. :wink:

Seems to work okay, only complication is if you don't have a Windows PC to run the software on (Mac users have had issues trying from emulators) or not sure how to use drive letters and command line tools.

May 2, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #6,382 of 12,862
would this void the warranty?

What I think is: no.
The honest answer is: I don't know.
My personal experience is: warranties are a theory--in practice they just tell you to shove your problem down your [pick an orifice] and cough up [insert amount] if you want something repaired.

But then, that's just me living outside of the US so, your mileage may vary.

May 3, 2018 at 8:23 AM Post #6,384 of 12,862
Changing to region "E" (tourist) removes volume cap, enables high-gain and enables the sony BT remote

However if you then set your language to english followed by changing to region "J" (japan) you also get the ability to create playlists on the ZX300 directly. :wink:

Seems to work okay, only complication is if you don't have a Windows PC to run the software on (Mac users have had issues trying from emulators) or not sure how to use drive letters and command line tools.
I changed my region to 'E' but did nothing else. I still have the ability to create a playlist directly.

May 3, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #6,386 of 12,862
Did you get the on screen keyboard for naming too?
No I didn`t.

As an addition. I dug into the 'playlists' defaulted on to the unit. There are around 13 empty slots but I cannot add a song to them so it seems that the 'playlist' feature doesn`t work. This is the first time I`ve tried using the feature.
3 folders appeared in the 'playlist' list and the songs play OK.

It looks like I`m going to have to look at this again and change the language etc.

May 3, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #6,387 of 12,862
Not sure if I should terminate my Leonidas to 4.4 or just terminate to a 2.5mm and a adapter from effect audio. Any suggestions?

May 3, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #6,388 of 12,862
Not sure if I should terminate my Leonidas to 4.4 or just terminate to a 2.5mm and a adapter from effect audio. Any suggestions?
I see you have more than one source and i also see that you have the q5. If you get the AM3B then i dont see any reason why you shouldn't terminate to 4.4mm. Its definitely a more robust connection with a sturdy plug and socket combination.

May 3, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #6,389 of 12,862
I see you have more than one source and i also see that you have the q5. If you get the AM3B then i dont see any reason why you shouldn't terminate to 4.4mm. Its definitely a more robust connection with a sturdy plug and socket combination.

i think i'm afraid that i might need the 3.5mm in a pinch for say plugging into my nintendo switch or iPad. And i figured its a lot easier to terminate to 2.5mm and get a adapter to 4.4mm and 3.5mm instead of trying terminating to 4.4 and trying to get a 3.5mm adapter?

May 3, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #6,390 of 12,862
i think i'm afraid that i might need the 3.5mm in a pinch for say plugging into my nintendo switch or iPad. And i figured its a lot easier to terminate to 2.5mm and get a adapter to 4.4mm and 3.5mm instead of trying terminating to 4.4 and trying to get a 3.5mm adapter?
Well if you plan on using the SE then 2.5mm is a no brainer and you are absolutely right about better availability of the 2.5mm to 4.4mm adapters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back