Sony NW-ZX300
Apr 10, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #6,061 of 12,862
Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been asked already, I've been trying to search this thread but couldn't find the answer, but would you guys happen to know if the later versions of the ZX300 come without the port plugs?

Mine didn't come with any and I've been trying to watch unboxing videos online and it seems to be a mix of people getting it or not. I bought the japanese version off amazon is that makes any difference. If they stopped shipping it with the plugs, would you guys know where to get some? I can't seem to find any on ebay or any other sites.

So far I'm loving the ZX300, I've been out of the audio game for a bit and it's been a very fun return so far :)

Thanks,
-T

Apr 10, 2018 at 6:08 PM Post #6,062 of 12,862
Proud new member of the ZX300 club. Enjoying it but have noticed that it doesn't seem to read/recognize SD cards. Has anyone experienced this, and if so, is there a fix?

thanks and best,

o
Check you have it formatted correctly and put your music in a folder labelled 'Music'

Apr 10, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #6,063 of 12,862
Mispost

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #6,064 of 12,862
Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been asked already, I've been trying to search this thread but couldn't find the answer, but would you guys happen to know if the later versions of the ZX300 come without the port plugs?

Mine didn't come with any and I've been trying to watch unboxing videos online and it seems to be a mix of people getting it or not. I bought the japanese version off amazon is that makes any difference. If they stopped shipping it with the plugs, would you guys know where to get some? I can't seem to find any on ebay or any other sites.

So far I'm loving the ZX300, I've been out of the audio game for a bit and it's been a very fun return so far :)

Thanks,
-T
From what I remember only the Japanese units come with the plugs. I bought these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BT639LX/ but haven't received them yet.

Apr 10, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #6,065 of 12,862
Proud new member of the ZX300 club. Enjoying it but have noticed that it doesn't seem to read/recognize SD cards. Has anyone experienced this, and if so, is there a fix?

thanks and best,

o

You have chosen wisely, I've been adding new music to my zx300 from DVD discs and when I listen to something I haven't hear in a while I'm flabbergasted that it sounds so good and 'new' with the 300. Especially on balanced, nothing is buried and everything is right there for me to analyze or just enjoy as I chose. The triangle on tin man by america, or the rhythmic breaths of Stevie nicks on fleetwood mac gold dust women. Or the breathing and pic noise of mood for a day by yes, just brilliant.

I can analyse every detail of the music, but the music doesn't sound analytical to me that is the brilliance of this very musical sounding dap. And yes make sure you have a 'music' folder- it's a weird Sony thing.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #6,066 of 12,862
Damn my phone!

Apr 10, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #6,068 of 12,862

thanks and best,

o
IIRC it had something to do with being formatted either in exFAT or NTFS. My cards are exFAT and all of them are detected by the zx300

Apr 10, 2018 at 9:18 PM Post #6,069 of 12,862
1) is it possible to use the zx300 as a direct source, i.e. line-out playback to an external amp, skipping the zx300's amp section? Just wondering since I might start saving up for a stationary (tube) amp, finally. If yes, what hardware is used to do so?

Not that I'm aware of. ZX300 has a System-on-Chip that does both dac and amp functions, so 'amping' can't be bypassed.

WMC-NWH10
https://www.amazon.com/Sony-WMC-NWH10-Conversion-Cable-Output/dp/B00FF086HE/

Isn't this cable a digital out? It's WMport -> USB output, so? It would need to be connected to a DAC/AMP (not just a discrete amp only), but still it's a digital line-out, isn't it?

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2018 at 9:32 PM Post #6,070 of 12,862
It was possible on my A15 and from memory my ZX100 - I bought a custom cable from Amazon (he no longer is selling them). I'm not sure about the cable you listed, but there was one that came with maybe one of the Sony amp/dacs for that use that didn't drain the battery.

Apr 10, 2018 at 9:44 PM Post #6,071 of 12,862
Apr 10, 2018 at 10:06 PM Post #6,072 of 12,862
Deleted a mispost

Apr 11, 2018 at 4:29 AM Post #6,074 of 12,862
So this works on other models? I thought it was only on the models that were from Japan (J)?
Does this hack reset the whole device - ie. you lose your burn-in hour counter?
Confirmed on one Japan bought model and two UK bought models so far I think, so seems to be generic. It was just the original poster noticed the option while playing with their Japan model before changing the region to get English.

My play count is intact, just seemed to reset any menu options you have changed and clears any BT devices you paired, playlists still there but can't remember if I'd used the bookmark feature so not sure if that remains.

Apr 11, 2018 at 4:31 AM Post #6,075 of 12,862
Confirmed on one Japan bought model and two UK bought models so far I think, so seems to be generic. It was just the original poster noticed the option while playing with their Japan model before changing the region to get English.

My play count is intact, just seemed to reset any menu options you have changed and clears any BT devices you paired, playlists still there but can't remember if I'd used the bookmark feature so not sure if that remains.
good to know thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back