Maximum Power Output (JEITA 16Ω/mW)

Headphone Out (Stereo mini-jack)

50mW+50mW (High Gain)
Headphone Out (Balanced standard-jack)
200mW+200mW (High Gain)
It is interesting to me.
good.gif

Jan 23, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #4,127 of 12,862
I forgot to mention I’m using the feature that only charges the battery up to 90% in order to prolong the overall life of the battery. Maybe that’s why I’m only getting 8 to 9 hours of playback.

Is anyone going lose using this feature? If so, how much battery life are you getting?

Jan 23, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #4,128 of 12,862
I forgot to mention I’m using the feature that only charges the battery up to 90% in order to prolong the overall life of the battery. Maybe that’s why I’m only getting 8 to 9 hours of playback.

Is anyone going lose using this feature? If so, how much battery life are you getting?

Nope I use that feature and got way more than 8 hours on balanced. Atm I don't have a balanced set up atm but I will and will try it. That sounds way too low though. In get about 22 hours or so on single out, with flac. Hey Jon do you have the screen on a lot? That will drain battery fast. I shut mine down when I'm listening and have it set for 60 seconds auto off.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #4,129 of 12,862

What are you doing during idle time on your player? If I turn the DAP off when not using it. Then in when I’m using it, i’m getting what feels like a lot more play time. I should probably start using the auto-off function. After four hours I only get one bar down of actual play time on full charge - as an example.

Jan 23, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #4,130 of 12,862
What are you doing during idle time on your player? If I turn the DAP off when not using it. Then in when I’m using it, i’m getting what feels like a lot more play time. I should probably start using the auto-off function. After four hours I only get one bar down of actual play time on full charge - as an example.

I never turn mine off and still get amazing battery life for a high end dap. The sleep function is really good. I haven't turned mine off since I received it.

Jan 23, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #4,131 of 12,862
I never turn mine off and still get amazing battery life for a high end dap. The sleep function is really good. I haven't turned mine off since I received it.

Mines lost power twice. Today it went down a little rapidly ... but I did go walking outside in the -10C weather, so that might have had something to do with it.

Jan 23, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #4,132 of 12,862

Mines lost power twice. Today it went down a little rapidly ... but I did go walking outside in the -10C weather, so that might have had something to do with it.

Yep that will affect a battery for sure.

Jan 24, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #4,134 of 12,862
Some Hidria Spacefolk with the zx300 and Meze 99 C

IMG_20180124_190250.jpg

Jan 24, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #4,136 of 12,862
Oh balanced at last :) mee cable set is quite excellent btw, cable is thick 8 braid and soft. Sounds so good :) And my friend kms108 yes my balanced indicator is exactly like yours with the ced looking paler than the balan. I can live with it for this sound.

P_20180124_170206_1.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2018 at 9:02 PM Post #4,137 of 12,862
Is tha
Ha ha I got my re 800 today ( I was so excited) and my mee cable kit ( looks ok ) and guess what?? One of the fing re800 buds was completely dead! So my first hi fi man purchase and my last :frowning2: And they were the perfect size. So back they go and I'm trying the oriveti new primus or whatever so I can at least see if I can tolerate the fit and enjoy balanced.

If not then SE I will happily stay, and see if klipsch gets into balanced or suck up and try the new senn ie800.

Maybe hifiman should have spent more on quality control instead of a 24 k paint job and a mini suitcase.
Is that the Mee Audio cable with adapters? Have you had a chance to use it yet? Any opinions? I'm about to decide whether to get the Musashino 4.4mm - 3.5mm adapter or wether that kit will serve more purpose.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2018 at 10:50 PM Post #4,138 of 12,862
Actually I just played dumb to the exchange rate and bought the Musashino adapter - I hope it will come in handy

Jan 25, 2018 at 2:58 AM Post #4,139 of 12,862
About to cop the Zx300 but was wondering if the OEM leather case scratches the corners over time? Or are the corners soft enough not to scratch?

I'd probably want to take it out here and there to admire its full glory.

Jan 25, 2018 at 6:37 AM Post #4,140 of 12,862
About to cop the Zx300 but was wondering if the OEM leather case scratches the corners over time? Or are the corners soft enough not to scratch?

I'd probably want to take it out here and there to admire its full glory.

I have the OEM case, it's a really snug fit (and the quality feels great). I wouldn't worry about any damage to the silver model but the black one has a fairly sensitive coating. There's a soft lining on the inside of the case that extends to the parts that hold on to the housing of the zx300. The case doesn't really strike me as the type to be taken on and off frequently. Here's some pics...
XE0qvw2.jpg

92ZjQ91.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back