Sony NW-ZX300
Nov 13, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #2,671 of 12,862
Does somebody know how to go in Service Mode or how to make a full re-flash ?
My problem is that my device restart every 3/4 min so i think update isn't full...
And my prob arrived when "creating library"...
I'm so sad... it seems i've no solution cause i can't reflash...

Nov 13, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #2,672 of 12,862
is it possible to get the 1.0 F/w, but i guess not, since the 1.1 is the newest one, idi you update it on the media go, or just use the execute f/w files.

Nov 13, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #2,674 of 12,862
probably not because it was the F/W shipped with the Zx300, have you used media go for update, you probably haave to keep trying, and wait for others to reply, I know someone had this problem, can't remember if it's this forum or the WM1A/Z.

Nov 13, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #2,675 of 12,862
Thanks a lot, i’ll test tomorow when going back to home and tell you...
As I say my main problem is that it reboot every 3/4 min so I think the update doesn’t go to the end...
So strange and I can’t power off it cause it restart everytime...
I bought it in japan and live in France I don’t know if international warranty will work here...

Nov 13, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #2,676 of 12,862
international warranty will not work, but sometimes they do repair out of good will, your unit is only a F/W problem, so you can probably contact them and see what they will say.

Nov 13, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #2,678 of 12,862
How does this unit know which picture to use as the image to be used in the album view? I used mp3tag to modify the album cover of the tracks and it is showing properly when playing the file but in the album view, it does not. I also have a folder.jpg file but it doesnt work.

Is the difference in sq when using the 3.5mm and 4.4mm very noticeable?

Nov 13, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #2,679 of 12,862
How does this unit know which picture to use as the image to be used in the album view? I used mp3tag to modify the album cover of the tracks and it is showing properly when playing the file but in the album view, it does not. I also have a folder.jpg file but it doesnt work.

Is the difference in sq when using the 3.5mm and 4.4mm very noticeable?

Sony claims it’s benefits are reduced noise and interference reduction. If the soundstage and detail improvements were from that .....maybe?

Though I tried the balanced mode with some $30 MMCX sports IEMs and didn’t notice much, so it depends on the scale ability of the IEM.

Also MMCX are not connectors you want to go around and plug into everything you own in a single night, as they can wear out faster with excessive clicks.

Most of my balanced sound subjective ideas are rendered useless due to me upgrading firmware on the 1Z to 2.0 the same afternoon as going balanced.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #2,680 of 12,862
press and hold the power button until the ZX300 turns off.
My unit arrived today from Japan (eBay seller) in 4 days, I updated the firmware, and it's pretty amazing! Thanks to everyone who helped me figure out how to change the language setting on this Japanese version. I would've been kinda screwed without the instructions on that website. Once I did the conversion, it was kind of tricky finding the "language" in the Japanese menu, but I ended up finding it, and changing it. Even without my balanced cable (still waiting for it) it sounds very impressive. Not quite as warm as the zx2, but a bit more brilliant. I'd like to pick people's brains here about the sound settings..

Nov 13, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #2,681 of 12,862
Need to ask for someone to test their ZX300, play a file, then pause it, turn the volume all the way up, whiles you turn the volume down, can you hear the volume ticking down.

Thanks
Yep, I heard it. It's gotta be normal... What I don't hear, is that background hiss I sometimes heard on ZX2. I'm also not hearing nearly as much cable noise as when I was using my ZX2..

Nov 13, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #2,682 of 12,862
Hello guys p’ease Help ^^
My zx300 is in startup bootloop... even after resetting it it doesn’t start... it stay on the wave for 3/5 min then restart again and again...
Any idea is welcome
Have you tried without the micro SD card?

Nov 13, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #2,683 of 12,862
Have you tried without the micro SD card?
Hi,
Yes, same behavior... my prob is that it reboot every time before update is totaly done.
And it refuse to boot and to power off...
I’m crazy, it comes from japan and just two weeks of use... I’m so sad
How can i squeeze the boot ?¿?
It happened during « re-creating library » phase...

Nov 13, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #2,684 of 12,862
Thanks a lot, i’ll test tomorow when going back to home and tell you...
As I say my main problem is that it reboot every 3/4 min so I think the update doesn’t go to the end...
So strange and I can’t power off it cause it restart everytime...
I bought it in japan and live in France I don’t know if international warranty will work here...
Don't worry, I've sent Sony items from Japan to warranty service here in the U.S. and they didn't make an issue about it at all. Worst comes to worst, and I think they're going to help you out. No matter which country it came from. You may just need to spend 1-2 hours with them on the phone setting up the warranty service. But I'm sure you'll try everything you can to correct it before picking up the phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back