Sony NW-ZX300
Nov 10, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #2,581 of 12,862
Yep you are ok , but that cable is the heavy duty kimber cable not the normal balanced. So it's $$$$, and thick enough to rapell from an Apache. :)
Whoa, wait a sec! do you mean to say that this cable is thicker (and possibly stiffer) than the standard Sony cable? I bought it over the less expensive one because I thought it would be lighter weight, and more flexible. I can still cancel it. Lemme know please..

Nov 10, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #2,582 of 12,862
Whoa, wait a sec! do you mean to say that this cable is thicker (and possibly stiffer) than the standard Sony cable? I bought it over the less expensive one because I thought it would be lighter weight, and more flexible. I can still cancel it. Lemme know please..

psikey would know for sure but that kimber cable sure looks thicker and heavier. I would cancel and just get the regular sony black cable and save some dosh. Unless you are going to be extremely rough with your setup. And lets be real, only a moron or retard would beat up nice audio equipment.

No offence to morons or retards intended.:) I quite often fall into both categories.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #2,583 of 12,862
Another thing I noticed about the zx300 is that it doesn't let you display the album art on the whole screen like the zx100 did.

Well no because this is a touch screen and you need the on screen buttons to navigate. Although I suppose they could make it so you could enlarge it and shrink it by touch.I'm spoiled by the 300 because I remember daps that had no album art or tiny album art like dx90. Would be cool if the zx300 got rockboxed, then lots of UI options would be available. Doesn't seem too many Sonys get rockboxed though, maybe because of Sony's proprietary hardware and software.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #2,584 of 12,862
Well no because this is a touch screen and you need the on screen buttons to navigate. Although I suppose they could make it so you could enlarge it and shrink it by touch.I'm spoiled by the 300 because I remember daps that had no album art or tiny album art like dx90. Would be cool if the zx300 got rockboxed, then lots of UI options would be available. Doesn't seem too many Sonys get rockboxed though, maybe because of Sony's proprietary hardware and software.

With the side buttons you don't really need the on screen buttons.

It seems like they just lifted the OS from the A30/A40 without fully utilizing the zx300 screen space.

Nov 10, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #2,585 of 12,862
psikey would know for sure but that kimber cable sure looks thicker and heavier. I would cancel and just get the regular sony black cable and save some dosh. Unless you are going to be extremely rough with your setup. And lets be real, only a moron or retard would beat up nice audio equipment.

No offence to morons or retards intended.:) I quite often fall into both categories.

The Kimber cable is thick/relatively heavy but super soft & flexible. I love mine but did suggest the Basic version. The kimber is the thickest mmcx cable I've ever owned (must have had over 5 types now) but still beautiful without the crappy memory wire which I personally hate.

I've even order a 4.4mm to 3.5mm adapter so I can just keep the Kimber on my SE846's when using with other SE devices.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #2,586 of 12,862
The Kimber cable is thick/relatively heavy but super soft & flexible. I love mine but did suggest the Basic version. The kimber is the thickest mmcx cable I've ever owned (must have had over 5 types now) but still beautiful without the crappy memory wire which I personally hate.

I've even order a 4.4mm to 3.5mm adapter so I can just keep the Kimber on my SE846's when using with other SE devices.

Thicker and heavier than the standard black Sony balanced cable?

Nov 10, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #2,587 of 12,862
Thicker and heavier than the standard black Sony balanced cable?
Yes. I posted a photo of it further back in the thread.

Found it

10020571.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2017 at 7:35 PM Post #2,588 of 12,862
Thanks, it was a little hard to determine the true dimensions from those original photos. To be honest, the Kimber doesn't even look all that thick in your photo above, but I'm taking your word for it. I prefer my cable lighter and thinner, even if it has the dreaded memory feature. I cancelled my Kimber order and ordered the original black Sony balanced cable.

Nov 10, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #2,590 of 12,862
I'm looking for new dap and are interestedin zx300 and ak70ii.
Has anyone has a chance to compare both daps?
If yes, an advice on which one is better (sound, headphone power output, etc.) would be really appreciated.

Nov 10, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #2,591 of 12,862
With the side buttons you don't really need the on screen buttons.

It seems like they just lifted the OS from the A30/A40 without fully utilizing the zx300 screen space.

The screen space is basically the same size as the a30/40 screen but the display is much better imo- the matt screen rules! Who knows maybe sony will add the enlarge album art function. I prefer touch screens anyways, especially with such nice solid hardware buttons. No complaints here.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2017 at 6:38 AM Post #2,593 of 12,862
Hello guys,
Please, for you, what’s better to go balanced:

- Sony MDR-EX1000 EX
Or
- Sony XBA-H3
Or
- Sony XBA-N3AP

Do they all have 4.4mm jack ?
Thanks for your answer.

Have a good day :)

Only the N3 have Balanced, either optional or get the N3BP, the H3 as optional, whiles the EX1000, it's either custom or use a adapter, although adapter is hard to come by, depending on where you live.

http://e4ua.jp/?p=2825 or

IMG_4342.JPG
TB2CyFJXevAJKJjSZFCXXbopFXa_!!0-rate_jpg_400x400.jpg
TB2MHyvXzGHJuJjSZFPXXbBFpXa_!!0-rate_jpg_400x400.jpg
TB2PGQcXcaCJuJjy1zkXXbelVXa_!!0-rate_jpg_400x400.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2017 at 6:55 AM Post #2,595 of 12,862
Thanks for the answer, on eBay and on sony’s Website they say EX1000 is balanced ?

I don't see it being balanced, and it's been discontinued for years, only Japan still sell them, but haven't been advertised or promoted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back