Sony NW-ZX300
Nov 4, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #2,387 of 12,862
I placed my order at accessoryjack.com 2 days ago
its still processing.....
how long it would take? if someone has any experience with accessoryjack.com please tell me guys.
hoping to get soon :ksc75smile:

Nov 4, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #2,389 of 12,862
Very tempted to get this for all that's good about it - dac/amp, size, matte screen, battery life, but one problem: the MWM1A sounds just that much better. Help!

Audio a lot of temptations, just be happy of what you have.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #2,390 of 12,862
Very tempted to get this for all that's good about it - dac/amp, size, matte screen, battery life, but one problem: the MWM1A sounds just that much better. Help!
If you're planning to use it a lot while commuting and are generally fodn of travelling more light)weight (but don't want a NW-A40), I think the choice is the ZX300. Though the ZX300 is no 'light' device, it's certainly not uncomfortable to take along with you.
If you have no budget restraints and use DAP's mostly in the comfort of a home or a bus etc. you could consider the WM1-A;

Nov 4, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #2,391 of 12,862
can someone confirm that the colors on the outputs (the rings around the socket) are more copper color than the gold on the socket itself ? my black unit is pretty obvs about this and its quite a different color
c3e1258752.JPG

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #2,392 of 12,862
P_20171104_102950.jpg
P_20171104_100330.jpg
can someone confirm that the colors on the outputs (the rings around the socket) are more copper color than the gold on the socket itself ? my black unit is pretty obvs about this and its quite a different color
c3e1258752.JPG

No mine are gold, I think you got shanghaied :fearful:

Ha ha jk, mine is exactly the same colour. I was actually worried that if the socket rings were bright gold it would look gaudy on the black. I love the darker shade of gold, very classy :wink:

Warning horrible tablet pic. And yes mine looks exactly the same it looks different in the pic because of the ge 'blue' incandescent lighting.

Here is another one with better lighting and although blurry you can see it actually has that 'copper' tinge. Top picture.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #2,394 of 12,862
Most of what I've read seems to indicate that the ZX300 is an average sounding device. I didn't expect it to sound better than my QP1R, but I'm now wondering if I should cancel the pre order and get the Fiio X7 MKII ....... decisions decisions!
I would suggest you give it a listen and then return it if that wont be an issue with you. x7 Mk II still cant implement digital usb out, though i have read people rave about the SQ.

Nov 4, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #2,395 of 12,862
Most of what I've read seems to indicate that the ZX300 is an average sounding device. I didn't expect it to sound better than my QP1R, but I'm now wondering if I should cancel the pre order and get the Fiio X7 MKII ....... decisions decisions!

Not average at all, even out of the SE output I think it sounds better than ak70 and dx90 well everything I've tried except opus one. And the balanced out is supposed to be really amazing sounding. Of course the output power isn't going to be as strong as most, I have no problems driving most of my stuff.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #2,396 of 12,862
I've been a bit lazy. An audition would be a 15 minute bus ride away and I've got my balanced cable. Tomorrow!

I thought the ZX1 was nothing great, but I did enjoy the ZX2 when I tried it out very briefly.

If anyone is ordering the VE cable I would suggest not getting it sleeved. The heat shrink around the 0.78mm pins is a bit too long and quite stiff too. Would be perfect on a headphone cable for something like the HD 6xx series but not so much on an IEM.

Nov 4, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #2,398 of 12,862
There you go, the stiff bit (entire portion with the heat shrink) is about 3.5 cm or 1.4 inches and sticks up like two antennae.

I see what you mean. Did you choose the hand milled connector? And you are right about getting a half sleeved one for iems. Thanks for the heads up. Next batch of cables. This time they have been ordered and made.

Nov 4, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #2,399 of 12,862
Mine look copper too, and when I shine a flashlight on them they look golden. No worries, it's just the pictures' lighting :)

Nov 4, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #2,400 of 12,862
Hey, I read something in Hong Kong and Japan forum that SONY suggests user to
use headphone output as a workable substitute for a line level output to your amplifier (line in) or your pre-amplifier (line in).

Have anyone tested this?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back