1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sony NW-ZX300

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by riotgrrl, Jul 10, 2017.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Next

Last
  1. Bepli
    that was obvs anyways also the balanced out was annouced when the WM1A and WM1Z got annouced and sony said that the ZX100 update will feature it

2. Roland P
    I wonder how the ZX300 balanced will compare to th ZX-1, and the PHA-3. I use that combo now.

3. Bepli
    I found some new pictures:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Wyville, F700, equalspeace and 5 others like this.
  4. Whitigir
    Damn! That is beautiful...is the chassis made of Silver ? Or is it just the color

5. nanaholic
    Pretty sure this is aluminium just like the ZX1 and ZX100. No way a mid-range player will be using silver for its chassis.

6. Bepli
    [​IMG]

Audiophile2019 and Meder Bakirov like this.
  7. Whitigir
    One can dream :D Sony used zx100 as a test bed for WM1Z...not the chassis....so I dream of them using Silver chassis for Zx300 as a test bed for WM2Z

8. nanaholic
    Where did you get that info or idea? The ZX100 was a scaled down ZX1 which cut out all the pricey components like the touch screen to go down market (whereas the ZX2 was the scale UP version of the ZX1). The WM1s were based on the ZX2s - as they said so in the interviews, because the WM1 were supposedly the next logical step from the ZX2s.

Plus the chassis material test beds for WM1 was all done with ZX2s that were never released to market (I've even got the photos of those prototypes for proof), if anything I'll expect the WM2 chassis prototypes would be testing with WM1s design internally first, and not a release to market product.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    equalspeace and audionewbi like this.
  9. Whitigir
    Somewhere in the interview, zx100 was the first device being tested for a Walkman OS, and since it was well received, they proceeded into WM1Z with Walkman Os

10. nanaholic
    Not in the WM1 interview I translated.... and I've never read another interview where they said this either.

I can't imagine the ZX100 OS was a WM1 test bed, seeing as how Sony always had a non-Android OS in the A series walkmans which pre-dates even Android-based players when Sony was still competing with iPods, and that the ZX100 had no touch screen so its design is actually quite different than the WM1 and is more like the old A series which also lack touch screens.

equalspeace and audionewbi like this.
  11. superuser1
    It is indeed beautiful. But is that a WM-Port?

12. davidcotton
    It IS sony, so that means a non standard connector instead of the much more common micro usb slot. Bad sony :frowning2:

Don't suppose anyone has seen any interface pics yet? IF this has podcast support back in then I may jump on it as it does look good (yes I know about the sound :p ).

13. Bepli
    same os as A30 no podcast if they add it back than A30 wil get it

14. musicday
    I want Oled screen. I can see there is not streaming available again.

15. Virtu Fortuna
    Can you share those pics?

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Next

Last